blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:36:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272477 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Paging Woodsey, paging Woodsey.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Paging Woodsey, paging Woodsey.  (Read 2546 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2019, 09:37:26 AM »

Pharmacists warn of a 'surge' in shortage of common medicines

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-46843631

How is this even possible?

On what basis can there possibly be a shortage of so many of these things? It's easy to suggest it's just a means of forcing the price up, but what other explanation can there be?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 09:44:58 AM »

On what basis can there possibly be a shortage of so many of these things? It's easy to suggest it's just a means of forcing the price up, but what other explanation can there be?

What's the matter with people!.........we are only meant to be stockpiling peaches   
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 02:13:43 PM »

Standard scare mongering so when they move to a second vote we will ' freely' vote the way they want us to Smiley

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 03:20:57 PM »

If you need to get hold of Woodsey in a hurry the key words are Thailand, pension, Bangkok and Phuket

He'll be along shortly

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 05:04:42 PM »

I see tadalafil is on that list, is that what you’re really worried about and asking? 

I honestly don’t know, it sounds like it’s mostly generics so unless there is some shortage of materials wordwide someone will end up making them if there is a genuine demand and a few quid to be made.

Actually amazed ranitidine (Zantac) is on there although that is the prescription strength, I can’t imagine you would ever have a problem buying that from a pharmacy.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2019, 07:35:20 PM »

Looks like scaremongering to me and a ripe opportunity to put up prices.
There are always certain medications that run low of raw ingredients until more are produced
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2019, 08:16:25 PM »

Looks like scaremongering to me and a ripe opportunity to put up prices.
There are always certain medications that run low of raw ingredients until more are produced

For some reason there seems to be a higher than normal list of shortage medicines, which is an interesting story in itself, but isn't the article pretty much just saying nearly the same thing as that?

It speculatively tries to link it to Brexit but they don't provide any particularly convincing evidence of that.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2019, 05:39:05 PM »

As a transplant patient I take thick end  of 20 tablets a day, so felt it good practice to pop down my local pharmacy and see what they had to say for the second time in two months.

It. Was basically a ' don't worry Mr C, we have plenty of all you need, just some companies trying to take advantage of the situation and bump their prices up. We can get all everyone needs, it just costs us more'

She basically went onto say it's fuelled by politicians and media scaremongering.  She was also a remoaner........

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2019, 08:47:31 PM »

I had a chat with a guy today who owns a pharmacy, thought that would be a reasonable source for some info.

He said they're already seeing problems but it's just down to pricing, nothing to do with availability.

The issue they have is that certain drugs have gone from 40p up to £8 but the NHS isn't prepared to pay more than the £1 they were previously paying. No pharmacist is going to lose that sort of money so it means the NHS won't have any of that particular drug. This was the most example he had by the way, it isn't typically this bad.

Presently they can only purchase these drugs under licence and they're only available from within the EU. If these licences weren't about then they could source them elsewhere more competitively.

All seems to back up what Adz says but if the NHS aren't prepared to pay the inflated rip off prices short term then there really could be a shortage. It's alright his pharmacist saying "it just costs us more" but someone has to cover that increase. If he's a private pharmacist I doubt he'll subsidise everyone's heart pills personally.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2019, 08:55:03 PM »

Once/if we leave UK can then agree trade with rest of world which it cannot currently do freely.
Pharmaceutical companies been waiting in the wings to up prices, and probably for good reason in some cases, as govts have been trying to relax licensing restrictions i.e. make named drugs generic sooner
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2019, 09:10:23 PM »

I'd imagine all pharmaceutical contracts are tendered via the EU journal. Once out of the EU then everything could be sourced from elsewhere but it's the transitional period that will be difficult.

My personal opinion is that if it's bordering on impossibly difficult to leave then the sooner it's done the better. Few years of pain for long term freedom from the shackles.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: