blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:36:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272575 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  schoolgirl who joined IS but wants to come home.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: schoolgirl who joined IS but wants to come home.  (Read 59977 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: February 19, 2019, 06:12:18 PM »

Interesting thread.

Guess Bigadz if it was your daughter who’d be groomed by Muslims you’d have exactly the same view. She made her bed- let her rot?

I have never had kids for 2 reasons.

Mainly too selfish with my own time, but because I still believe in some fairly draconian principles, that sadly have been lost in today's society.

All are based around being a good citizen then no one can touch you.

No. I would wash my hands of her and not just change my opinion because she was my kid.

Can tell you’ve not got kids. You can’t just wash your hands of your own flesh and blood.

Point is I get the concerns over security but can’t help but feel is this was a white girl who had been groomed by Muslim men things would be different.

Oh FFs, here we go

Had to switch off after this.

Its very easy to play race card to these days when you can't/won't understand another point of view, and hope everyone is too scared to argue in case they get further tainted.

Sorry. What exactly do you think would be different? That we would be saying "poor girl, come on home and all is forgiven?"

I think I'm on your side in this in principle, although I do believe that we have to allow her back at the end of the day. After all, she's a Brit, it's our mess, we have to take responsibility)

However, you seem to think that people who don't agree with you "can't/won't understand another point of view"

Well I'm sure George and everyone else understands your point of view, they just don't agree.

It would be just as easy for them to say you don't/won't understand theirs.

I understand your point, but I think we both know it's not really about the agreeing with a principle or not, its the dragging the race card out when we don't agree that I disapprove of and was trying to make a point about in this instance.

Is it me, or does that have absolutely nothing to do with what I said?

The older I get, the better I was.
engy

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 19, 2019, 06:32:13 PM »

Just said on the news they are stripping her of British citizenship
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: February 19, 2019, 06:35:22 PM »

Wow!

I'm really surprised. I didn't think we would make anyone stateless.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 19, 2019, 06:36:36 PM »

Wow, just wow, if true.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 06:40:30 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Juperjiper

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 19, 2019, 06:59:12 PM »

Great news
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 19, 2019, 07:00:33 PM »

Great news

Racist!     Wink
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 19, 2019, 07:02:26 PM »

I’ve already said I can see both viewpoints several times. For me whatever decision is taken it’s not easy.

My view is if this was a young white woman who was radacalised and her parents were pleading for her return the view from the public would be more balanced

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 19, 2019, 07:03:50 PM »

I’ve already said I can see both viewpoints several times. For me whatever decision is taken it’s not easy.

My view is if this was a young white woman who was radacalised and her parents were pleading for her return the view from the public would be more balanced

I wouldn’t, I’d fuck her off just as quickly, a traitor is a traitor no matter what colour you are.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 19, 2019, 07:11:22 PM »

I ampleased the government is telling her to do one but I suspect they may lose a long drawn out appeals process of whether they are able to leave someone stateless.
Juperjiper

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 19, 2019, 07:15:38 PM »

I ampleased the government is telling her to do one but I suspect they may lose a long drawn out appeals process of whether they are able to leave someone stateless.

Her husband is Dutch, they might want her
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 19, 2019, 07:21:25 PM »

Won't be able to appeal to the European Court of Human Rights tho.

Another advantage of Brexit.   

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 19, 2019, 07:30:31 PM »

Why are people so pleased; if the Government thinks it is ok to render her stateless, they also think it is OK to render you stateless?  

Is nobody worried that our elected home secretary has so little regard for the law?  

She really seems a strange person to break the precedent on.   There are far worse people in our prisons.  Do we deprive them of UK citizenship too?  

And maybe, just maybe, there are still some people who believe the Conservatives have good intentions; what happens when this new power is in the hands of someone who we don't trust?  

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 19, 2019, 07:53:12 PM »

If you don't join ISIS you should be ok tho

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 19, 2019, 07:55:01 PM »

All a bit odd though. According to the reports the Home Secretary wrote to the parents and asked them to let her know.

Is this the way we do things now?

Plus, this

Why are people so pleased; if the Government thinks it is ok to render her stateless, they also think it is OK to render you stateless?  

Is nobody worried that our elected home secretary has so little regard for the law?  

She really seems a strange person to break the precedent on.   There are far worse people in our prisons.  Do we deprive them of UK citizenship too?  

And maybe, just maybe, there are still some people who believe the Conservatives have good intentions; what happens when this new power is in the hands of someone who we don't trust?  

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 19, 2019, 07:58:40 PM »

Having made such a contemptible mess of Brexit, they need to pander to the far right more than ever. This is ideal for that.

It’s a truly extraordinary decision, if she doesn’t get interviewed in the camp by The Times, she in all likelihood comes home with a minimum of fuss. Now she’ll be the first ever to have their nationality rescinded. My first assumption was that she’d be coming home to face charges/potential incarceration. Seems like a very good chance she hasn’t broken a law of any consequence though. This government has done some extraordinary things, loads of it against the grain of so much of the progress of the last 75 years.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: