blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:00:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  A Pro's evaluation on PT4 memory data collection wanted!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Pro's evaluation on PT4 memory data collection wanted!  (Read 12026 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2019, 04:46:42 PM »

Hey Red Dog Helpline.

My youngest has inherited my eldest's phone.  It is a ZTE Blade A110 cheapo phone.  Everytime she tries to watch Toy Caboodle, cookie swirl C or CarleyleeHD it screws up the internet for the whole house.  Everyody else loses their connection. and hers dies too.  It is a very useful feature in letting me know when she is sneaking on the internet from her bed, but pretty annoying in the middle of poker hands.  I have tried switching it on and off again and tried getting grumpy with her.  There seems little issue when she bluetooths the internet off my phone.   

Amazing what you can get for £30 with a phone, but it really is a bag of shit.  She loves it though.

She has a cheapo tab, but has no idea where she left it. She has moved on from the more practical youtube watching device now that she has a "phone".  She doesn't use the phone to ring anyone, and even if she tried, the Sim has gone.

Thanks

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2019, 05:31:24 PM »

Supernatural forces at work obv.

You need to remove the turf from a 6ft diamiter circle in the middle of your lawn and then divide this into quaters using Ash poles.

Starting in the top left corner, place the following items into the circle.

A dead toad.
A rag impregnated with your own sweat.
Four slices of unleavened bread.
A raven's tail feather.

At the stroke of midnight, go out into the garden naked, light a candle and place it into the centre of the circle, then go indoors, open your laptop, log on to Amazon and order your daughter a new phone.

PS- you can also do the bolded part at midday but everyone will be able to see you messing about naked in the garden.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2019, 06:05:15 PM »

Ha, brilliant.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2019, 06:44:16 PM »

tower is good for price, and as you say allows for you to leave space to expand/improve.

for 1k you can get a pretty decent build and if you already have monitors etc then you should be able to get an i5 or better 8gb ram, 248gb ssd, 1-2tb hd which should see you sitting pretty.

preference would be 16gb ram but see what you find.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2019, 06:44:59 PM »

just as an example from hotukdeals, and if you have a friend who is helping you, check out this build vs price. it's imo a very good deal.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/382373140595
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2019, 07:06:38 PM »

just as an example from hotukdeals, and if you have a friend who is helping you, check out this build vs price. it's imo a very good deal.

I've bought my last 2 towers from CCL, and think the last one was just under a grand.

Yep, found the invoice from November '17 -

3 Year On-Site Warranty Upgrade (UK Mainland only)
1 Scythe Katana 4 Quiet CPU Cooler
1 Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I 867Mbps PCI Express WiFi
1 Microsoft Windows 10 Home - 64-Bit DVD (OEM)
1 Kingston UV400 240GB 2.5" SATA III SSD
1 Seagate FireCuda 2TB SATA III 3.5" Hybrid Drive
1 Intel Core i5 7600 3.5GHz Quad Core (Socket 1151)
2 Adata Premier 8GB (1x 8GB) 2133MHz DDR4 RAM
1 MSI Radeon RX 560 AERO ITX 4GB Graphics Card
1 Aero Cool Integrator OEM 500W 80+ PSU 0
1 CCL Choice DVD Writer Optical Drive MBD1788
1 Gigabyte H110M-S2H Intel Socket 1151 Motherboard
1 Thermaltake Versa H15 Midi Tower Black Case
1 Mains Power Cable
1 Game Max Sirocco (120mm) Blue LED Chassis Fan

£964.98

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2019, 07:14:44 PM »

the build I linked is a pretty high end gaming pc way above the specs asked for an only 250 quid over budget (or 25% Cheesy )  there are a few more on the side bar by them linked which are slightly over budget but excellent set ups for the price.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2019, 07:17:38 PM »

I'm absolutely clueless, so just maxed everything, as I was still really busy with slots and wanted something that I could run a bunch of sites at once.

I had the bloke on chat while I was going through it. He just laughed and said unless you're trying to launch something to the moon, you do not need half of the spec you have selected.

Thought that was pretty decent of him, as he could have taken me for another grand or so Cheesy

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2019, 07:27:06 PM »

MPN: AMDC03030507010001?

I prefer MPN: AMDC03030507010002 myself but whatever.

The older I get, the better I was.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2019, 07:35:12 PM »

MPN: AMDC03030507010001?

I prefer MPN: AMDC03030507010002 myself but whatever.

Grin

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2019, 10:52:15 PM »

Supernatural forces at work obv.

You need to remove the turf from a 6ft diamiter circle in the middle of your lawn and then divide this into quaters using Ash poles.

Starting in the top left corner, place the following items into the circle.

A dead toad.
A rag impregnated with your own sweat.
Four slices of unleavened bread.
A raven's tail feather.

At the stroke of midnight, go out into the garden naked, light a candle and place it into the centre of the circle, then go indoors, open your laptop, log on to Amazon and order your daughter a new phone.

PS- you can also do the bolded part at midday but everyone will be able to see you messing about naked in the garden.

Looking forward to this; had to use a few close substitutes; but ready to go. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2019, 10:48:43 PM »

I've bought my last 2 towers from CCL, and think the last one was just under a grand.

Yep, found the invoice from November '17 -

3 Year On-Site Warranty Upgrade (UK Mainland only)
1 Scythe Katana 4 Quiet CPU Cooler
1 Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I 867Mbps PCI Express WiFi
1 Microsoft Windows 10 Home - 64-Bit DVD (OEM)
1 Kingston UV400 240GB 2.5" SATA III SSD
1 Seagate FireCuda 2TB SATA III 3.5" Hybrid Drive
1 Intel Core i5 7600 3.5GHz Quad Core (Socket 1151)
2 Adata Premier 8GB (1x 8GB) 2133MHz DDR4 RAM
1 MSI Radeon RX 560 AERO ITX 4GB Graphics Card
1 Aero Cool Integrator OEM 500W 80+ PSU 0
1 CCL Choice DVD Writer Optical Drive MBD1788
1 Gigabyte H110M-S2H Intel Socket 1151 Motherboard
1 Thermaltake Versa H15 Midi Tower Black Case
1 Mains Power Cable
1 Game Max Sirocco (120mm) Blue LED Chassis Fan

£964.98

Thank you all esp TB I'll have a look and see what my buddy thinks, I'm no gamer though so memory etc are more important than graphics but we will see what there is out there, and let you all know. Let's hope it doesn't coincide with a midnight update and folk placing candles in the garden in a state of undress huh.

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
Supernova

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2019, 02:11:26 PM »

I've had a long detailed chat with my Computer guy and I have a couple of questions.

All of you say that all the poker stuff has to be on an SSD. He says that all the operating software should be on and SSD and then there is the other personal stuff too.

All the personal stuff can go on a normal Hard Drive.

With the SSD side of things, would you be ok with a 1tb SSD which could be partitioned into for example 25% operating system and the remainder poker (there would be a small amount for recovery) or would you insist on 2 separate SSD's and if so what would be your reasons for this?

tyia, Shaz

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2019, 02:56:19 PM »

Two 500MB SSDs are the same price as one 1TB SSD. Having two disks 'spinning' is almost always going to be quicker that just having one. I'd rather buy two than go down the partitioning route.

Buying a normal HDD in 2019? I guess some people still buy audio cassettes as well....
Supernova

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2019, 06:05:22 PM »

Two 500MB SSDs are the same price as one 1TB SSD. Having two disks 'spinning' is almost always going to be quicker that just having one. I'd rather buy two than go down the partitioning route.

Buying a normal HDD in 2019? I guess some people still buy audio cassettes as well....

Lol, I have cassettes and vinyl.....as well as other media, still love my vinyl the best, well after the live show obv! Anyway i digress...

My thoughts were - I've confused my computer guy (hard that) and he has confused me (easy that) he wants the SSD to run the operating system, to him it's ludicrous doing it any other way and from the poker perspective it's the other way around. So that's 2 x SSD, he says that a partition won't slow anything down, basically 1 x 1tb SSD could be partitioned 75% poker and 25% op system or whatever % I would prefer. I think he is thinking of my budget tbh, would a 500mb SSD be big enough for poker?

Next question if the new computer has the 2 x SSD's in, where would all my personal "junk" go? Photo's recipes, diy, quilting etc etc etc? Hence the suggestion was a HDD. We have already gone through inbuild add ons and the figure has moved!

Titty Bean he is looking at the one you suggested - tyty,  as with additional upgrades to the lower spec, well the starting point moved!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: