blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:11:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  A Pro's evaluation on PT4 memory data collection wanted!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Pro's evaluation on PT4 memory data collection wanted!  (Read 11791 times)
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2019, 04:27:42 PM »

if you have an external HDD plug it in. drag said contents you dont want to lose across. plug into new pc. drag across again. profit.

if you make notes on Stars then remember to take your username.notes file from
C:\Users\Supernova\AppData\Local\PokerStars.UK\notes.Supernova.xml  (most likely location)

if you cant see appdata already, go to start and type 'folder options' click on top hit, then go to View tab and look down to advanced at the circular buttons under 'hidden files and folders' and turn on Show hidden files/folders/drives.

there are always programs you forget save stuff to random places outside of documents/pictures folders etc.

if you already have PT4 with a database, then go to here and follow the instructions to make sure that is saved and copied to the HDD when moving stuff
https://www.pokertracker.com/guides/PT4/tutorials/backup-and-restore
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 04:32:23 PM by titaniumbean » Logged
Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2019, 03:40:37 PM »

Thanks Longines & TBean much appreciated.

I'm surrounded by printouts of lists etc etc, first time I've done this and I'm s*****goldstar myself!

Interestingly when I printed out the PT4 back up and restore info, their help info says to uninstall it on the old PC and install a new version on the new PC but I'm following your post TB. See you on the other side I hope!

Shaz X

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2019, 06:22:02 PM »

key things are just to make sure what you dont want to lose is on the external hard drive. then copy across to new and before you dispose of the old (please ask your friend how to anonymise stuff) you can always go back if you missed something.

you don't have to uninstall PT. just remember to use defaults/note what you set up username pass etc for postgre sql as that is a huge ballache if you mess it up or cant remember later down the line.

should all be relatively easy though.
Supernova

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2019, 11:46:47 PM »

Everything that needed putting on from scratch is now on the newbie. Am I getting old as I much preferred the older less intrusive versions of some of the stuff. An enquiry on Google Chrome takes me to Yahoo, wtf! I've downloaded it twice now and still the same, so I'll do it again tomorrow after using crap cleaner.

It's all looking good except I've loaded Speccy and the CPU temperature is high so I'll investigate that on Monday with CCL. I'm working tomorrow and Monday so I've decided to leave all my personal stuff including ITunes and PT4 until then as I'm concerned about the CPU.

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2019, 10:07:21 AM »

Everything that needed putting on from scratch is now on the newbie. Am I getting old as I much preferred the older less intrusive versions of some of the stuff. An enquiry on Google Chrome takes me to Yahoo, wtf! I've downloaded it twice now and still the same, so I'll do it again tomorrow after using crap cleaner.

It's all looking good except I've loaded Speccy and the CPU temperature is high so I'll investigate that on Monday with CCL. I'm working tomorrow and Monday so I've decided to leave all my personal stuff including ITunes and PT4 until then as I'm concerned about the CPU.

good strats.

Older = wiser

on Chrome it sounds like it's set to default, go to chrome://settings/ in the address bar or click top right on the three dots and go to settings. Then scroll down to "Search Engine" section and click about to your hearts content.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2019, 10:09:37 AM »

I have a sneaky feeling that Titty is trying to usurp my position as the 'Go to' blonde tech advisor.

The older I get, the better I was.
Supernova

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2019, 11:26:26 AM »

good strats.

Older = wiser

on Chrome it sounds like it's set to default, go to chrome://settings/ in the address bar or click top right on the three dots and go to settings. Then scroll down to "Search Engine" section and click about to your hearts content.

I found it TittyB! It was a pdf converter gizmo that must have been imported with the 1st install of Chrome, I noticed it when I'd removed chrome and used crap cleaner twice and it was still the same so I had a good look at the toolbar and spotted it. Uninstalled it and bingo I have the Chrome front end I know and like.

It proves that you really need to check and double check when reinstalling something and never assume it's the same anymore. I am usually careful with things that are tagged on (like Avast, McAfee etc etc) but I missed this one.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 11:30:10 AM by Supernova » Logged

Supernova

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2019, 11:28:07 AM »

I have a sneaky feeling that Titty is trying to usurp my position as the 'Go to' blonde tech advisor.

Be careful what you wish for. Was there ever a what would Red-Dog do thread? If not well.....

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2019, 12:08:24 PM »

Be careful what you wish for. Was there ever a what would Red-Dog do thread? If not well.....

There is usually no point in asking what RED-DOG would do because more often than not, I'm the only one capable if doing it.

Yours modestly,
Red.

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: