blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:27:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272483 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Weird things about you?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Weird things about you?  (Read 3526 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« on: April 09, 2019, 11:33:58 PM »

Doobs thread got me thinking, is there anything weird about you?

The only thing I can think of is perception of money and what I will spend it on....

For example, I’m a complete tight arse when it comes to hotel rooms, I will never waste money on an expensive hotel, absolute waste, just somewhere to put my head. Even spent £40 for a hotel room tomorrow night on company money when they would think nothing of £120-150, wheres the logic in that?  none whatsoever!

On the other extreme I think nothing of blowing the bank on experiences. Sport is the obvious one, I really piss a lot of money away on watching sport, a £500 weekend going to watch rugby or cricket is   no big deal. Spent nearly £500 on 1 ticket for a rugby game later this year  Shocked
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 11:36:46 PM by Woodsey » Logged
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 12:37:28 AM »

I am pretty much the total opposite Woodsey.  I have never paid proper big money to ever watch a major sporting event just wait for betfair to invite me on hospitality but i have spent relative fortunes on hotels for those 'free' sporting days out.  Think i paid £215 to stay in the Old trafford premier inn at the ground once last minute when i got a same day hospitality ticket!

Paid well over a ton to stay iin a total piss hole near to the o2 in London when i went to the tennis for free.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 12:40:15 AM by arbboy » Logged
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 12:45:12 AM »

I'll spend on hotels, if I think I'm getting decent value.

Always get a decent hotel in Vegas, because you can get Cosmo or Aria for the same price as the Holiday Inn in Brentford!

When I play poker or travel in the UK, I'm fine in a Travelodge Cheesy

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 10:17:17 AM »

I play one-handed sports left handed and two-handed sports (golf, cricket) right handed, I assume it's due to how I was told to hold a bat/club when young. Trying to play them left handed feels very weird.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2019, 10:24:31 AM »

I play one-handed sports left handed and two-handed sports (golf, cricket) right handed, I assume it's due to how I was told to hold a bat/club when young. Trying to play them left handed feels very weird.

Same for me, except that snooker (surely "two-handed") I play left-handed. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2019, 10:30:09 AM »

I'm right hand on the baize, is that "left-handed"?
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2019, 10:43:31 AM »

I play one handed sports right handed, 2 handed sports left handed.

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2019, 10:58:26 AM »

I'm right hand on the baize, is that "left-handed"?

Yup.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2019, 11:14:08 AM »

Doobs thread got me thinking, is there anything weird about you?

The only thing I can think of is perception of money and what I will spend it on....

For example, I’m a complete tight arse when it comes to hotel rooms, I will never waste money on an expensive hotel, absolute waste, just somewhere to put my head. Even spent £40 for a hotel room tomorrow night on company money when they would think nothing of £120-150, wheres the logic in that?  none whatsoever!

On the other extreme I think nothing of blowing the bank on experiences. Sport is the obvious one, I really piss a lot of money away on watching sport, a £500 weekend going to watch rugby or cricket is   no big deal. Spent nearly £500 on 1 ticket for a rugby game later this year  Shocked

I remember the late Dave Smith coming to London to play an EPT which was £5K to enter but refusing to shell out the £150/200 pn at The Metropole and sleeping in his car.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2019, 11:23:37 AM »

I can't get comfortable with anything that is overpriced, be it a 50k car, (not that I buy 50k cars) or a 50p sachet of sauce.

I can't sit with my back to a room.

I can't wee and poop at the same time.

I can't learn to spell recieved.

The older I get, the better I was.
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2019, 07:14:49 PM »

I write left handed, play snooker left handed. I play golf and all raquet and bat sports right handed. I shoot a rifle left handed but a pistol right handed.

I too prefer not to have my back to a room.

cish n fhips

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2019, 07:55:17 AM »

Mmmmmm...incoming weirdness.

The first thing i eat on a plate of food is the item
that points directly north to how plate is placed.
What item looks most like a compass pointing
north.
Dont ask coz i dont know !
Always done it ..
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2019, 08:34:58 AM »

Mmmmmm...incoming weirdness.

The first thing i eat on a plate of food is the item
that points directly north to how plate is placed.
What item looks most like a compass pointing
north.
Dont ask coz i dont know !
Always done it ..

That's so wrong, & you are most certainly weird.

A normal person turns their plate such that the food item they least like - say, in my instance, peas - is at the southern point of the plate, then works north to the best item - potatoes - via the meat & whatever which are situated east & west. 

Don't think I've ever eaten a meal any other way.

Always sit "facing", too, can't have my back to the room. Unless I'm with Tea Bag Tom of course, when I'm forced to yield. He & I went into a Chippie on Brighton front one day, & there was several awkward moments of shuffling & negotiation before either of us could sit down.   

superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2019, 01:47:09 PM »

When I'm thinking to myself about things I am going to do, I thinks as 'we' rather than 'I', e.g. 'We need to get some bread when we're out' or 'Shall we out tonight or stay in?'. I assume this is not normal.

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2019, 02:10:10 PM »

When I'm thinking to myself about things I am going to do, I thinks as 'we' rather than 'I', e.g. 'We need to get some bread when we're out' or 'Shall we out tonight or stay in?'. I assume this is not normal.

It's normal for us.

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: