blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:20:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Brighton sack Chris Hughton.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brighton sack Chris Hughton.  (Read 4183 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2019, 10:17:34 AM »

Tough business, football, I thought he did OK, all things considered, though Bloom usually makes the right calls.

Don't have too much sympathy, guess he gets well paid & will get a nice pay-off, but they'll do well to attract better, & let's not forget it was him that got them Promoted.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48251716

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 10:26:45 AM »

some of these clubs really do need to take a look at themselves ..staying in the premiership is an achievement for someone like Brighton.

delusional these chairman..prob thinks they should be in europe and challenging top 4..actually feel sorry for hughton..will get another job at championship challenger take them up..keep them there sacked cos hie finished 16th ..rinse repeat

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
SuperJez

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 10:42:46 AM »

He kept them up and they got to the FA cup semi final.  I don't know wtf else the owners want.

Ok they played badly towards the end of the season and got dragged into a relegation battle they should not have been in but imo they showed good improvement against Spurs and Arsenal and stayed up.

At the very least it should have been a "mutual agreement" sort of thing.  The headlines I have seen say specifically "sacked" which is really harsh, unless there is something we don't know of course.
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2019, 11:02:16 AM »

Tbf, as a Brighton season ticket holder, this does not surprise me in the slightest. The second half of the season has been incredibly poor and even some of the wins earlier this season -Wolves home, Newcastle away - were as a result of a singular shot on target. Honestly, in any other season Brighton would have been long relegated but they were fortunate that there were three teams even worse (two of whom they failed to beat, ironically). I can understand it might look an odd decision to an outsider but this is a team that would have finished 20th next season under Hughton.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2019, 11:05:39 AM »

Tbf, as a Brighton season ticket holder, this does not surprise me in the slightest. The second half of the season has been incredibly poor and even some of the wins earlier this season -Wolves home, Newcastle away - were as a result of a singular shot on target. Honestly, in any other season Brighton would have been long relegated but they were fortunate that there were three teams even worse (two of whom they failed to beat, ironically). I can understand it might look an odd decision to an outsider but this is a team that would have finished 20th next season under Hughton.

Fair comment.

More generally though.....

If a team which struggles for the financial resources other teams have & gets relegated, is it a given that the Manager has to be sacked? We can't always blame the Manager, especially if starved of adequate funds.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2019, 11:07:01 AM »

He might not be the only one today either. I understand Mr Warnock is meeting his Chairman in London.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2019, 11:07:55 AM »

Realistically, who would you like to see him replaced by?

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2019, 11:39:37 AM »

I reckon Bournemouth's success hasn't done Hughton any favours.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
SuperJez

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2019, 12:03:47 PM »

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/manager-specials/brighton/next-permanent-manager
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2019, 12:24:06 PM »

Sol is a shoo-in I think

sola virtus nobilitat
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2019, 01:06:05 PM »

Fair comment.

More generally though.....

If a team which struggles for the financial resources other teams have & gets relegated, is it a given that the Manager has to be sacked? We can't always blame the Manager, especially if starved of adequate funds.

Naturally he hasn’t got the resources of the top 6, (and probably Leicester, Everton or Wolves) but Brighton have actually spent a lot of money and got very little return, which I think you have to lay at the feet of the manager for a failure to integrate them.

@fairwaywedge
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2019, 01:07:20 PM »

In terms of next manager, i’d be very surprised if it was one of the old brigade.

@fairwaywedge
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2019, 01:10:43 PM »

stick flushy in charge of them.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2019, 01:22:37 PM »

stick flushy in charge of them.

Cheesy

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2019, 01:22:45 PM »

some of these clubs really do need to take a look at themselves ..staying in the premiership is an achievement for someone like Brighton.

delusional these chairman..prob thinks they should be in europe and challenging top 4..actually feel sorry for hughton..will get another job at championship challenger take them up..keep them there sacked cos hie finished 16th ..rinse repeat

Agree with this sentiment. Some clubs/chairman/fans don't realise that bottom half of the EPL is as good as it will ever get.

I'll always remember Bolton fans moaning one year when they were mid table.

Seems harsh on Hughton given his overall record. Perhaps Brighton should be careful what they wish for.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: