blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:14:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272538 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Triton Series
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Triton Series  (Read 2841 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: May 17, 2019, 11:28:10 AM »

Has been running in Montenegro for ten days and ends tomorrow

Founded by Richard Yong in 2017, it has spread from an initial far east presence, and primarily short deck to big super high roller festivals around the world, with all the global high rollers playing.

(disclaimer, i work for a partner of theirs)

Questions

Have you watched any of the streams from Montenegro?

Assuming you watch at all, do you enjoy watching the super high rollers (small field huge buy in) or the big field majors such as EPTs, MILLIONS etc?

I ask these because this week at any one time there have been 1m+ unique Chinese viewers of these live streams  Shocked

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 11:48:51 AM »

I meant to watch some streams - anything with more than two hole cards - after seeing the series mentioned on 2+2. Workload has got in the way, hoping they're online somewhere to catch up on.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 12:48:16 PM »

I have watched a couple of streams just to try and work out what Short Deck poker is about.  The game seems nuts.

I don't have much interest in hold'em, so don't watch many streams, but sometimes search them out if someone I know is playing, and still watch bits and bobs on youtube. 

I am a bit cynical on the 1m Chinese viewers after seeing it mentioned before (I think someone said as much on one of the streams I saw).

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 01:14:18 PM »

I've been too busy to even watch the racing this week, but saw a few clips on instagram stories.

bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2019, 04:58:09 PM »

What platform are all the Chinese watching on?

I watched one of the streams. Quite professional. Enjoyed the final table, though I think the Party ones are better as I think Flushy is the nut commentator!
Ledders

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2019, 02:58:35 PM »

These are great viewing for the casual poker fun.

Would love an explanation for why tournaments denominated in Hong Kong Dollars are happening in Montenegro and the origin of these vast sums of money
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2019, 03:05:47 PM »

I can''t answer part of that but i do know the series is about to be worldwide. Not just the far east and montenegro

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2019, 12:00:42 AM »

I think I have watched the entire final table of the short deck main event.

I just feel a lot more enthusiasm than hold'em as it is all new.  It isn't like when I first discovered late night poker, but a lot more interesting than watching a hold'em stream.  I think they have a good mix of people in them, and not just a bunch of tanking robots.  I have even played a couple of cheapo short deck tournaments on stars.  Owned obv.

Might watch the omaha now.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2019, 12:39:32 AM »

I just feel a lot more enthusiasm than hold'em as it is all new.  It isn't like when I first discovered late night poker, but a lot more interesting than watching a hold'em stream.  I think they have a good mix of people in them, and not just a bunch of tanking robots.  I have even played a couple of cheapo short deck tournaments on stars.  Owned obv.

If you watch this, don't check the hendon mobs of the people playing...  I know it is obvious to all but the biggest simpletons,  but it has been updated with the results...   

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2019, 12:44:00 AM »

If you watch this, don't check the hendon mobs of the people playing...  I know it is obvious to all but the biggest simpletons,  but it has been updated with the results...   

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: