blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2019, 11:22:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2241433 Posts in 66400 Topics by 16580 Members
Latest Member: Colloma
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Heroes.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Heroes.  (Read 767 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« on: May 26, 2019, 12:30:14 PM »

A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles.

Christopher Reeve.

Yesterday I was mulling over a post I wanted to make in support of Tightend.

Rich, (As I call him when I want him to do something for me) is an amazingly bright, personable and helpful bloke, I admire him a great deal. Unfortunately, life has thrown some nasty crap his way lately, but comethe the hour, cometh the man, he's finding a way to handle some really difficult stuff and he's doing it with strength, grace and dignity.

What a hero.

Anyway, I was just going to post something along those lines when my old mate Nakor made this post on Tony's diary and I though wow, Nak's going through the grinder too, I must do a post to say.. well something similar to what I was going to say about Tighty...

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=25486.msg2255004#msg2255004

Then, before I posted anything, booder posted this and again my first thought was, Wow, what a hero.

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=25486.msg2255021#msg2255021

All that got me really thinking. I won't embarrass them by naming names, but I know at least a dozen people on here who have been, or are still going through some dreadful shit and there must be loads more that I don't know about.

I don't really know how to sum up, except to say that the older I get the more I come to realise that the world is full of amazing ordinary heroes.

More power to you.

It isn't the cough that carries you off, it's the coffin they carry you off in.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2019, 01:03:19 PM »

Thought-provoking stuff Tom.

I was particularly moved by the posts by Nakor & Boo. (I already knew about Tighty's problems & had been in dialogue with him about it privately for some months). 

When I saw Nakor's post last night my first thought was to insta-reply, but I was tired, & I decided it deserved a response when I was better prepared mentally.

Then this morning up popped that amazing post by Boo. Jeez, what a post. Same thing, it deserves a proper reply rather than my usual rush job, so I decided to leave them both until I had enough time on my hands to reply properly.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2019, 01:06:13 PM »

A little spooky that you mentioned Christopher Reeve, too, because I learned today that Ironside has some extra challenges in life right now - his Dad is in hospital, & very ill. My thoughts go to Iron at this difficult time, & Iron has enough problems on his plate already. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2019, 01:08:09 PM »

Another who gets my greatest admiration is Marky147. There's a man who bears his health situation remarkably, & he's rarely without a smile, at least in public.

bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2019, 01:20:17 PM »

Amazing fortitude and recent posts show what many of us go through but just get on with what
life throws at us in a very understated way.

Had similar issues most of my life with scoliosis and after some lung function tests a few years back
got told I have lungs of an 80 year old.

No , Tony , I am not 80 yet  Grin

I don't know if its a British thing but I do find we are very stoical on the whole.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2019, 01:28:51 PM »

Kind words guys.
I tend to agree with bookiebasher, we just get on with what
life throws at us.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2019, 01:45:09 PM »

A lot of you will have already seen this but when we talk of heroes then I doff my hat.

https://www.itv.com/news/granada/update/2018-03-21/mothers-of-children-with-down-syndrome-create-moving-carpool-karaoke-video/

Very emotional stuff.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2019, 08:15:32 PM »

Definitely plenty of heroes on Blonde, Tom.

Some of us have put up with Tikay for over 15 years Wink

A lot of you will have already seen this but when we talk of heroes then I doff my hat.

https://www.itv.com/news/granada/update/2018-03-21/mothers-of-children-with-down-syndrome-create-moving-carpool-karaoke-video/

Very emotional stuff.

Never seen that before. What a lovely video.

Not so sure about these onions, though.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2019, 08:45:22 PM »

I think my eyesight may be going....

I read this as 'herpes' and was expecting something entirely different.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2019, 08:47:29 PM »

Probably just familiarity with the subject.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2019, 08:50:58 PM »

Probably just familiarity with the subject.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: