blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:24:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  WSOP 2019 Updates
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP 2019 Updates  (Read 49786 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2019, 07:22:41 PM »

Cheers Tikay.

That amount of rake doesn't bear thinking about. just imagine what Stars have had!

Have nicked this for elsewhere, and might buy you a sticky bun in a couple weeks Wink

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2019, 07:27:19 PM »

Cheers Tikay.

That amount of rake doesn't bear thinking about. just imagine what Stars have had!

Have nicked this for elsewhere, and might buy you a sticky bun in a couple weeks Wink

And I lifted it from Next Door.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2019, 07:36:54 PM »

Cheers Tikay.

And I lifted it from Next Door.

All on the blag Cheesy

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2019, 09:01:05 AM »

In the $1,500 Limit O8.....

Patrick Leonard Eliminated in 9th Place ($15,897)

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2019, 09:28:13 AM »

Congrats Pads, O8 is the way forward, not sure about limit though.

Sam Grafton is in the final 12 of the 50k.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2019, 09:46:25 AM »

As is Ben Heath, who is leading it.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2019, 11:07:24 AM »

Figured I don't really know him that well, and most people would know Sam Grafton more.  Is Ben Heath a Blonde?   

FWIW I realised I did once watch a video he did with Charlie Carrel.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2019, 11:15:06 AM »

Figured I don't really know him that well, and most people would know Sam Grafton more.  Is Ben Heath a Blonde?   

Yes, Sam is much more high-profile, but I mentioned Ben as he used to play a lot Next Door. I get confused as to which Forum I'm on these days.   

Ben has been beasting high rollers all over the place the last year or two but he's still under the radar to some degree.

Would prefer Sam to win, simply because I know him much better, but either will do.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2019, 11:33:32 AM »

Yes, Sam is much more high-profile, but I mentioned Ben as he used to play a lot Next Door. I get confused as to which Forum I'm on these days.   

Ben has been beasting high rollers all over the place the last year or two but he's still under the radar to some degree.

Would prefer Sam to win, simply because I know him much better, but either will do.

What did he use to play there?   Can't say he has knowingly crossed my radar online. 

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2019, 11:41:10 AM »

What did he use to play there?   Can't say he has knowingly crossed my radar online. 

Just the big cash games, if my memory serves me correct.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2019, 04:44:55 PM »

Event 3 - $500 Big 50 NLH, 4 Days, Day 1C & 2B in play

Again, two different sessions of the Big 50 in play today. I'll be glad when it settles down and everyone is at the same stage of the tournament.

We had Day 1C and Day 2B in play on Saturday

Another 6000-odd played Day 1C and it was Leandro Padilla who was the chip leader, one of only two players to bag over a million in chips. Second was one of the many poker-playing Nguyen's, this time Phuoc Nguyen and Daniel Hirleman was third.

Several more Brits made their Day 2, Anthony Gardener, Paul Housam, Ben Dobson, Kevin Houghton and Sergi Reixach the best placed of them.

Some other names through include former bracelet winners Todd Witteles, Shaun Deeb and Steve Zolotow, plus 2006 ME winner Jamie Gold. Both Daniel Negreanu and Phil Hellmuth were among the late registerees (is that a word?) but neither lasted very long.

If my reading of the schedule is correct, these qualifiers get a day off and play their Day 2 on Monday.

From the Day 2B tables, it was Jerald Williamson who took the lead when he took down a huge pot near the end of the evening.

That was enough to overtake previous leader Azad Arazm who was losing a chunk of chips on another table, he eventually bagged up in third with Daniel Hughes splitting the pair in second.

There are four Californians in 2nd-5th spot and 8 in the top 20 and not far behind that is the leading British player, Ludovic Geilich.

There other British players made it through 2B, Brian Leddy, Catherine Hanna and Jason Chapman although the latter has a home town listed as Sabadecco which may well be on the island of Bonaire in the former Dutch Antilles. Perhaps more will become clear later.

Event 4 - $1500 Omaha Hi/Lo 8 or Better, Day 3 of 4, 853 entries

We're down to just 7 players in the running for the win and the bracelet, with John Esposito in pole position. He hasn't won a bracelet since we partied like it's 1999 but has a decent chance of a second here.

Just below him in chips and sat next to him on the FT is Jason Berilgen and three-time bracelet winner Ben Yu lies third.

First prize is $228,228 while all seven have guaranteed themselves at least $27350.

Last Brit standing, Patrick Leonard, was eliminated late on Day 3, taking $15987 for 9th place.

Event 5 - $50K High Roller NLH, Day 2 of 4, 110 entries

Only 8 of the planned 10 levels were played as the eliminations came at a faster than expected pace, with the 12 players all left guaranteed a 6-figure payday.

We have a British player at the top of the listings, Ben Heath who got a lot of chips when busting Daniel Negreanu, his kings holding up against the Canadian's queens.

Lined up behind Heath are a number of former bracelet winners Elio Fox, Dmitry Yurasov, Chance Kornuth and Nick Petrangelo.

Kornuth was the victim of the first Phil Hellmuth rant of the series when Kornuth making a backdoor flush against him. Cue Hellmuth, and when he calmed down he re-entered and lasted all of two hands when losing house-over-house to Day 1 chip leader Ali Imsirovic.

Imsirovic was later another of Kornuth's victims and after the bubble we also lost Eric Wasserson, Johnanes Becker and Bryn Kenney.

If Heath can't convert, there is a second British possibility as Sam "The Squid" Grafton has made Day 3 although he has less than a third of the chip leader's stack.

Event 6 - $2500 Limit Mixed Triple Draw, Day 1 of 3, 296 entries

296 have become 112, with two players separated by just 200 chips at the top of the listings. Jake Schwartz and Julien Martini each have over 117K, with the American marginally besting the Frenchman

It's a long gap back to Jordan Siegel in third with his 95K and 2010 ME runner-up John Racener lies fourth.

Gerald Ringe is the best of the Brits in 14th, with Benny Glaser not far behind with the considerably less-heralded Xunen Zheng in 99th.

The first prize in this event has been confirmed as just over $160K.

To Start Today

I got Event 7 wrong saying it was yesterday, it is actually today

Event 7 - $400 WSOP.com Online NLH, 1 Day Event

Event 8 - $10K Short Deck NLH, 4 Day Event

Plus Day 1D of the Big 50

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2019, 04:59:39 PM »

Event 3 - $500 Big 50 NLH, 4 Days, Day 2C in play

Things are beginning to sort themselves out as there is just one more Day 2 to play before the whole field converges for Day 3.

Saya Ono was all-in and covered on the bubble, but she had the second nut straight so she was not too concerned while other all-ins were played out, and she progressed from there to be the Day 2C chip leader. She has less than Day 2B leader Jerald Williamson, but her 3.8 million chips are a decent start on acquiring the over 1 billion chips that will be in play.

Not far behind Ono is Dorset's Ben Dobson and another Brit is also inside the top 10, Samuel Welbourne (the WSOP have him from Cittcehampton which I think may be Chittlehampton or more likely Littlehampton. Along with those two, Sergi Reixach, Kevin Houghton, Kenneth Broad and Sam Razavi made Day 3.

A few players I've noted before in these updates over the years are also through - Ari Engel, Matt Stout and Eric Baldwin spring to mind.

Event 5 - $50K High Roller NLH, Day 3 of 4, 110 entries

BRITISH BRACELET ALERT

Hopefully the first of many, it's a first UK bracelet and a first for 27-year old Ben Heath from Sussex. He was the only non-bracelet holder on the FT of 6, but he's corrected that omission from his poker CV (oh and by the way he collects almost a million and a half dollars)

Andrew Lichtenberger was the defeated heads-up opponent while Sam Soverel ended up in third.

The elimination of 4th placed Dmitry Yurasov was a little controversial. I don't like lifting things directly from the WSOP official site, but can't really avoid it here:

"With Soverel and Yurasov on equal stacks of twenty-five big blinds each, the former opened for a min-raise. Yurasov shoved all in, and Lichtenberger got out of the way from the small blind.

Heath in the big blind, though, asked for a count and contemplated his next action for a bit. With the tournament utilizing a shot clock, Heath was soon out of time, and he tossed in a small red time bank card to gain thirty more seconds to act. Soverel, still in the hand as the initial raiser, wasn't paying attention and tossed his cards in the muck right away, seemingly registering Heath's time bank card as either a muck of his cards or a call with a single chip. Now, not facing Soverel anymore, Heath instantly called.

To say that Yurasov wasn't happy is pointing out the obvious. Yurasov showed ace-ten of diamonds and lost to Ben Heath's ace-queen of hearts."

Event 6 - $2500 Limit Mixed Triple Draw, Day 3 of 3, 296 entries

Dan Zack is a man after my own heart. He nursed a short stack for most of the last two days before coming to the FT, having less than 2 Big Bets not just once but twice. He exhibited true Barnacle style and kept up hanging on while others were eliminated and once he made the FT, surged through the field to win the bracelet.

He has previously made 7 FTs but this was by far his biggest WSOP cash ($160K) besting the $97K he got for 4th in an on-line bracelet event two years ago.

It was an all-American FT, Sumir Mathur and Brayden Gazlay ending up 2nd and 3rd.

Event 8 - $10K Short Deck NLH, Day 2 of 3, 61 entries so far

The pace of play has meant that this has been changed from a 4-day event to a 3-day one.

I mentioned yesterday that there may be value for late regging this with so few players making it through from Day 1, well 53 did just that almost doubling the size of the field.

Chance Kornuth made the FT of the High Roller, but lasted just three hands (losing them all) before leaping in this event, and that proved to be a wise decision as he is the Day 2 chip leader.

7 player remain, 3 of them of Asian heritage - Yong Wang, Thai Ha, Anson Tsang (both Yong & Thai cashed in the other $10K event played so far, Event 2) and Jiaxiu Liu was the 8th placed finisher.

Event 9 - $600 NLH Deepstack, 2 Day Event, $500K guaranteed prize pool

Yes, it's a deepstack but it's also a Turbo as they played 20 levels on Day 1 and only 582 of the 6151 players needs bags at the end of the evening.

The Day 1 Leader is Canadian player Paul Dhaliwal who finished in the Top 60 of the 2017 Main Event, ahead of Michael Morhaime and David Elet.

Ylon Schwartz (4th 2007 Main Event) has made Day 2, as has the omnipresent Daniel Negreanu and 8-time bracelet winner Erik Seidel.

Robert Cowen is top Brit, ahead of Calin Trif, Florian Duta, Andrew Hills, Jamie Geraghty and Richard Hasnip.

With nearly 600 players left, even given the Turbo nature of the event, I wouldn't have been surprised if a Day 3 is needed.

Event 10 - $1500 Dealers Choice, Day 1 of 3, 470 entrants

470 may not seem a huge field for a $1500 event, but it is a record for this event so it seems that mixed-games (this one includes 20 variants) are becoming more popular.

Danny Noam was the leader for most of the day but was overtaken late on by Jim Collopy.

Some well known players involved include Robert Mizrachi, Dan Shak, Chris Ferguson (boo), Max Pescatori, Eli Elezra and previous Dealers Choice bracelet winner Quinn Do.

For the UK, I can see 4 names, most of them very familiar by now - Benny Glaser, Mel Judah, William Mitchell and Patrick Leonard.

Event 11 - $5K NLH, Day 1 of 4, 343 entrants so far

A straight-forward NLH event with no gimmicks. Late reg is open for 4 more levels so that field size will doubtless increase.

Dan Smith leads 137 who have made it through to Day 2 the hard way, but with British players having a good day it's good to see Simon Deadman in second place.

Actually it's quite a decent GB contingent including Niall Farrell, Javier Fernandez, Chris Moorman, Ben Heath (fresh from winning the High Roller earlier on) and Daniel Tang.

To start today

Event 12 - $1000 NLH Super Turbo Bounty, 1 Day Event

Event 13 - $1500 NL 2-7 Lowball Draw, 3 Day Event

Plus Day 2D of the Big 50.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2019, 07:12:10 PM »

Is Mel Judah not Australian ?

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2019, 07:16:27 PM »

Is Mel Judah not Australian ?

Yes, but he is (or was until recently) London based, and always put London down as his home.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2019, 08:46:04 AM »

Big 50 - Day 2D, end of day chip counts;

RANK PLAYER CITY / STATE / COUNTRY CHIP COUNT ROOM / TABLE / SEAT
1 Zachary Ackley ARVADA, CO, US 2,925,000 Pavilion / 119 / 9
2 Dennis Brinn West Palm Beach, FL, US 2,745,000 Pavilion / 219 / 8
3 Richard Trigg SHEFFIELD, , GB 2,690,000 Pavilion / 291 / 7

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: