blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:50:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  WSOP 2019 Updates
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP 2019 Updates  (Read 48880 times)
Juperjiper

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: June 19, 2019, 08:00:05 PM »

NIGGA rap music
Damn
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 19, 2019, 08:13:08 PM »

Event 34 - $1000 Double Stack NLH, 5 Day Event, Day 4 of 5, 6214 entries

We're down to a Final Table of 6, and the chip leader is a familiar name, although he hasn't bagged himself a bracelet yet. Joseph Cheong has over $13m in live cashes, headlined by the over $4m he got for finishing 3rd to Jonathan Duhamel in the 2010 ME (the year Redmond got to 21st). He is aiming to add over $687K to that total but is of course mainly in pursuit of that elusive first bracelet.

Cheong has 100.3m chips and as they'll come back to blinds of 500K/1m, it's easy to work out he has 100BB, a long way clear of nearest rival David Ivers (60BB) and Zinan Xu is third with 54BB

There is still a female challenger - Arianna Son who has been up among the chip leaders most of the tournament has now dropped to the back, with just 5BB but like everyone else left in, she has earned at least $134K.

The last two British challengers both fell on Day 4 - Jack Sinclair went out in 27th for $27K, ten places earlier than Andrew Hawskby whose payout slip bore the amount $29666.

Event 37 - $800 NLH Deepstack, Day 3 of 3, $750K guaranteed, 2808 entries

A long day of poker saw them play all the way from 26 to just 1, and that 1 was Robert Mitchell who took nearly $300K and a gold bracelet and will return home to Utah a WSOP Champion.

Holding pockets aces and have the opponent go all-in on you pre-flop when heads-up for a bracelet must be a very surreal experience, and then to see the board run out dry must make it even more so. Marco Bognanni got no help for his pocket threes and Mitchell was the champion.

France's Axel Halley finished third with players from Switzerland, Canada and Ukraine 4th 5th & 6th.

The only Briton through to the final day was Joshua Boulton who ended up 10th with a very nice cash of $19601 more than doubling his entire career recorded cashes, most of which have come in Torquay.

Event 39 - $1000 Super Seniors NLH, Day 2 of 3, 2650 entries

Day 2 of the Super Seniors reduced the field to 120 which I expect to mean that an extra days play will be needed

Jay Hong is the chip leader, but the player in second is bound to extract some interest - double bracelet winner (including a WSOP Europe Main Event) Barry Shulman. And he's not the only Shulman in the 120, his wife, Allyn is also through.

Humberto Brenes and Tom Franklin are a couple more former bracelet winners qualifying (does Brenes still have that annoying toy shark shtick?) along with three from these shores - in descending stack order Michael Davis, Peter Costa (2 cashes already this WSOP) and Edwin Bibes.

We lost plenty of British players over the day, those who cashed included Tony Bedford (almost immediately after the bursting of the bubble), Linda Iwaniak (who finalled this event last year) and Mark McCluskey.

Event 40 - $1500 PLO, Day 2 of 3, 1216 entries

Twenty one players remain in the chase for Event 40, all now sure of at least $8807 but with $298K up top there's going to be some ups and downs yet.

Barny Boatman suffered one of the downs, getting knocked out on the bubble by Mike "The Mouth" Matusow

It is Denis Bagsadarov who tucked away the biggest stack of Day 2 ahead of Glen Cressman and Johannes Toebbe, with double bracelet holder Ben Zamani in 4th. Even lying 4th, he's not the highest player from Boca Raton, Florida as Crossman is also from that hometown.

It looks like we have one British challenger still involved, Adam Monaghan, but the only player of that name in the Hendon Mob Database is an Aussie.

Event 41 - $10K Seven Card Stud, Day 2 of 4, 88 entries

A few late registrants took the field to 88 and just seven of them are left.

Daniel Negreanu spent the day almost relentlessly chipping up, first taking out a number of smaller stacks and finally busting Michael Mizrachi to establish a chip lead.

In contrast to some of the other events, this one will probably end up finishing a day early as they're already down to the FT which will free up the players for the next $10K event, the 2-7 Triple Draw.

Six of the seven left already have bracelets to their credit, Negreanu, David "ODB" Baker, Frank Kassela, John Hennigan, Chris Tryba & David Singer. The odd one out is Russia's Mikhail Semin

Event 42 - $600 Mixed NLH/PLO deepstack, 8-max, Day 1 of 2, $500K Guaranteed prize pool, 2403 entries

The field for this has already been depleted from 2403 to just 195, and while it should finish inside the planned two days, the expected early finish of Event 41 has meant that arrangements have been made for a Day 3 here if necessary.

Adam Lamphere is the Day 2 chip leader from Caleb Hershey and Dustin Goldklang a respectable distance back in second and third.

Scanning down the list of qualifiers I can see some who had Final Table runs in the main - Ylon Schwartz, Jesse Sylvia, Eoghan O'Dea and Tony Miles, and one who had the dream to Main Event glory, Jamie Gold, who won $12m for that win back in 2006, and has yet to reach $13m in career earnings.

A decent British challenge with Robert Cowen, James Dempsey, Barny Boatman, Sam Razavi aand Jeff Kimber amongst them.

Event 43 - $2500 Mixed Big Bet, Day 1 of 3, 218 entries

This one is rocking along at a furious pace, only 52 players still chasing 33 spots in the money and a first prize of $127K.

Jonathan Depa moved into the lead late on, overtaking Jared Bleznick who had been among the bigger stacks all day.

Phil Hellmuth by contrast was down almost to a chip and a chair before getting two late double ups to least give him something to work with on Day 2, even if he is still among the smaller stacks.

Somewhere in between we can find David Baker, not "ODB" who is on the FT of Event 41, but "Bakes", Brandon Shack-Harris, Mike Sexton, Chris Ferguson, David Benyamine, Eli Elezra and German footballer and regular WSOP participant Max Kruse.

The only British name I can find is Usman Siddique.

To start today, marking the halfway point of the 89 bracelet events

Event 44 - $1500 NLH Bounty, 3 Day Event

Event 45 - $25K PLO High Roller, 4 Day Event

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 19, 2019, 10:05:19 PM »

Really enjoying these.

Props for nicking them from next door, and making them available to nick from here Smiley

Thanks to the gent putting in the time to make them all.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 19, 2019, 10:10:16 PM »

Really enjoying these.

Props for nicking them from next door, and making them available to nick from here Smiley

Thanks to the gent putting in the time to make them all.

Thanks Marky, appreciated, I'll pass that on.

He has a Football Club Historical Database that may interest a few, so if anyone fancies giving this a click or two it'd be appreciated. Some incred stuff on there, though it's a bit geeky for most.

http://fchd.info/

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 20, 2019, 03:17:37 AM »

Well done on the WSOP flag Tony.

Will you be dipping your toe in any others?

There’s a $200 buy in at the nugget I think it starts tomorrow 3 flights for 3 days 11am-3pm -7pm with a day two Sunday
No more wsop hips n knees ache after sitting that long

Your pool admission is free at the nugget Ralph and obv covered in the resort fee but it’s v busy esp at weekends u need to be there between 8-845 or prime spots are gone .

I also do your trick which I think it was you who advised ?
tip the maid a bit of money every day - $10 in our case as she can’t look after you when you are gone home ?
We write her notes saying “ please can we have some pens n notepads / soap ?”
Thank you xx

We got quite a few by now

Tourney report tomorrow
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 20, 2019, 04:19:42 AM »

Well done on the WSOP flag Tony.

Will you be dipping your toe in any others?

There’s a $200 buy in at the nugget I think it starts tomorrow 3 flights for 3 days 11am-3pm -7pm with a day two Sunday
No more wsop hips n knees ache after sitting that long

Your pool admission is free at the nugget Ralph and obv covered in the resort fee but it’s v busy esp at weekends u need to be there between 8-845 or prime spots are gone .

I also do your trick which I think it was you who advised ?
tip the maid a bit of money every day - $10 in our case as she can’t look after you when you are gone home ?
We write her notes saying “ please can we have some pens n notepads / soap ?”
Thank you xx

We got quite a few by now

Tourney report tomorrow

Never a bad thing to tip a maid. And you can never have enough bottles of water.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 20, 2019, 03:49:37 PM »

I try n eat healthily - says the fat bloke currently scoffing Morrison’s shortbread biscuits at 9 am
So I also bought some dates ,prunes and small bags of cranberries n raisins ,of which I’ve eaten a few in the last few days - I’m still not healthy or thin ?
Fk knows why ?
With the resulting effects on my bowels that heavy doses of fruit has .
The Rio is the nut worst place to get a mild dose of the shits / griping stomach pains as it’s a 200 yard walk with bum cheeks clenched to discover a 60 person queue at the bog
So my advice ?
Lay off the fruit 😂😂😂💩💩💩

Nip in the ladies, we do the opposite when there's a big queue!

WP getting a flag too.

When I was there courtesy of next door, I swam every morning, it was bliss having a pool with a view that was in the sun as opposed to my local freezing indoor pool with no view at home.

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 21, 2019, 06:39:50 AM »

Get a call 1230 last night
Bad news mums just died
Weird day today
We go home Monday
Don’t feel like writing much
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 21, 2019, 06:54:18 AM »

Terrible news, Tony.

So sorry for your loss.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 21, 2019, 07:07:35 AM »

Sorry to hear that Tony.

Thoughts are with you mate.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 21, 2019, 07:14:38 AM »

She isn't suffering any more Tony.

Condolences mate.
engy

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 21, 2019, 08:55:28 AM »

Thoughts and prayers with you Tony
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: June 21, 2019, 09:07:30 AM »

Condolences Tony.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 21, 2019, 09:09:28 AM »

Sad news Tony.   Condolences to your family.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 21, 2019, 10:23:48 AM »

Terrible news Tony ... Thoughts with you mate

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: