blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 09:07:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  WSOP 2019 Updates
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP 2019 Updates  (Read 49552 times)
AlbusFawkes

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: July 02, 2019, 07:41:54 PM »

James Dempsey made day 2 of #69 Mini Main - is this Royal Flush?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 02, 2019, 07:46:02 PM »

James Dempsey made day 2 of #69 Mini Main - is this Royal Flush?

Yes, that's him.

He has a Staking Thread here, this is his mini Live Update of how he got his 950,000 stack, having spun it up from just 7.5 Bigs;

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=68477.15

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 03, 2019, 09:12:42 AM »

OK, so I let you all down yesterday. I knew it was going to be a problem, but in the end I bailed. I'm sorry. It won't happen again (unless I go back for another day at Wimbledon!)

Anyway, there's now a lot to cram in

Event 61 - $400 Colossus, Day 4 of 3, total 13109 entries

The extra day needed to separate the final 8 players turned out to be 5 hands and 125 hands before Sejiin Park won the second bracelet for Korea at this year's WSOP (after Jiyoung Kim had won the ladies event)

Park, who is a cash game regular in Macau and plays very few tournaments, easily beat his previous best recorded cash when claiming the first prize of over $450K.

Greece's Georgios Kapalas was second and the top American player Ryan Depaulo was third.

Event 63 - $1500 Omaha Mix, Day 4 of 4, 717 entrants

I mentioned before about Yueqi Zhu's record in this event, well he went so close to recording back-to-back wins in the event, making it all the way to heads up before falling to Russian Anatolii Zyrin.

Zyrin himself lost a heads-up match in the final of the Shootout event a few weeks ago despite holding a large lead at one point, and needed to hit a one-outer on day 1, almost going out on Day 2 when he asked the dealer to show his cards for a photo of a bustout hand and then realising he'd won the high part to keep him alive, and was dead last on the FT at one point with under 1 Big Bet left. Call him King of the Comebacks.

Zyrin wins just under $200K, Zhu $123K and third place James van Alstyne $84K.

Event 64 - $888 Crazy Eights NLH, Day 2 of 4, 10185 entries

I'm just going to pick this up at the end of Day 2 except to mention that the Day 1D chip leader was Luis Pinho of Portugal with the top Brit being Timothy Chung in 58th.

Day 2 started with 1223 players and they were thinned out so fast that only 670 of them were left at the first break, and less than 100 made Day 3.

Three players each have over 11m chips, Natalia Panchekno, Scott Davies and Ryan Leng with the latter two both being previous bracelet winners.

You would think that with still 91 players left, we'd have at least a handful of strong British challengers, well we don't. Not one. The last Union Jack disappeared off the board when Joshua Curry bust out in 101st place for $6957, the same cash for Ben Dobson in 107th with Peter Avery, Martins Adeniya and Michael Kane going out at the $5938 pay level.

Event 65 - $10K PLO Hi/Lo 8 or better, Days 3 and 4 of 4, 193 entries

Nick Schulman has seen action on a lot of final tables over the last couple of years. Unfortunately for him, it's been as a commentator on the PokerGo service than as a player, but he's now put that right by winning his third WSOP bracelet event, his first in seven years and also collected $463K.

Four of the final seven were bracelet holders, plus there was also last year's runner-up in the corresponding event, Michael McKenna but he didn't last long, one hand in fact as former ME winner Joe Hachem forced a double elimination of both McKenna and Corey Hochman. Two hands later it was down to 4-handed as Chris Vitch also went out, and shortly thereafter Denis Strebkov fell too.

When Hachem also went out before the first break, we were left with a deep heads-up match between Schulman and Brian Hastings (aiming for his fifth braclet) and it took several hours to split them despite Schulman having the lead for the majority of the time. Eventually he wore Hastings down and claimed his prize.

Event 66 - $1500 Limit Hold'em, Days 2 & 3 of 3, 541 entries

Three days haven't been enough and we still have 6 players fighting it out with the chip lead (100BB) held by David "ODB" Baker, Japan's Ruiko Mamiya is third with 62BB and Brian Kim third with 44BB. One of the other three players at the FT is Chris Ferguson.

No British players cashed (it is Limit Hold'em after all).

Another mention for Kevin Roster, he cashed again in 24th spot for $4360.

Event 67 - S10K Seven Card Stud Hi/Lo 8 or better, Days 1 & 2 of 4, 151 entries

The bubble was burst late on Day 2 as 23 players were in the money, but there was still time for 7 of them to go to pick up their min-cash of just over $15K leaving 16 players through to Day 3.

A host of names very familiar to readers of these reports fill the top of the leader board. Recent bracelet winner (his 4th) Eli Elezra is the big stack, another 4-timer Mike Matusow is 2nd, third placer is also the player who finished third in the 10K Razz a few days ago (Andrey Zhigalov) and Anthony Zinno who won his second bracelet in the $1500 PLO Hi-Lo last week is fourth.

For the second event in a row, no Brits cashed.

Event 68 - $1000 WSOP.com Online NLH Championship, 1 Day Event, 1750 entries

Nicholas Baris has won his first bracelet event and over $303K in the $1000 online tournament. For a long time, Tara Cain looked like she was going to win this for the first open event win by a female player this year, holding half the chips in play at the start of the FT and almost a 3:1 lead when starting the heads-up match, but after a double up and a few more small hands, it was ironically the ladies which led to the downfall of Cain as Baris' Pocket Queens held up against her Pocket Nines.

Third place went to William Harding, while Chris Ferguson was multi-tabling this online event with the physical event 66, doing very well in both finishing 7th here.

At least we did have a Brit cash in this one, Jack Maskill finishing 6th for $51K.

Event 69 - $1000 Mini Main Event, Day 1 of 2, 5521 players

The chip lead in this fast and furious event is held by Lula Taylor ahead by Liran Betito with a second female player Heidi Alexander third. Perhaps the ladies are coming good towards the end of the WSOP?

You've got to look down to 84th spot to find the first British player, Daniel Samson just ahead of James Dempsey in 87th. Also through are Joel Isla, Jonathan Somekh, William Young, Georgios Karakousis, Sunny Chatha, Nill Murray, Robert Sherwood, Jose Gonzalez, Barrie Gotch, Simon Bailey, Graham Wheldon, Nicos Ioannou and Alex Jennings.

546 players are scheduled to become just one today, with this structure it could well happen but don't be too surprised if there's still half a dozen left but I think they'll do all they can to finish this event off.

Event 70 - $5K NLH 6-max, Day 1 of 4, 751 entries so far

212 of the field won their way through to Day 2, and they may well be joined by a few more as late reg is still open until the first hand of Day 2.

The chip leader is Barry Hutter, ahead of Eder Murata and Faisal Shihabi, and there's a ton of bracelet winners (along with Hutter) who have made Day 2 - such as ME winners Greg Merson and Joe Cada, Brian Yoon, Brock Parker, Taylor Paur & Upeshka Da Silva. Include Niall Farrell in that list too, but he's below halfway and there's a load of Brits better off including three in the top 11 Tamer Kame, Alberton Morales and Roberto Romanello.

Add to that quartet Jamie O'Connor, Craig McCorkell, Jules Dickerson, Brandon Shiels, Jiushuang Wang, Nicholas Marchington, Javier Fernandes, Arron Woodcock, Richard Sheils, Robert Heidorn, Ben Heath, Adrien Dalmas, Tony Bloom and Chris Brammer so it's a good GB challenge in both terms of numbers and experience.

To start today

Event 71 - $500 Salute to Warriors NLH, 3 Day Event

Event 72 - $10K Limit Hold'em Championship, 3 Day Event

And you know what's coming tomorrow...

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 03, 2019, 12:26:53 PM »

The main event starts today

given last year's figure of 7,874, numbers this series and the poker economy what is your over/under on runners this time?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 03, 2019, 12:36:13 PM »

Based on the ridic queues at the Rio
More than 8000
Say 8150
Economy doing good
Seemingly plenty of money about
No one seems to care about costs
Except moaning me ?
Maybe I’m the only one drinking ?
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 03, 2019, 06:02:16 PM »

Agree with Tatsy. Defo take over at 8000. Probably would still go high at 8500.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 03, 2019, 10:51:07 PM »

Managed to get this finished just 10 minutes before the start of the Main Event.

Event 64 - $888 Crazy Eights NLH, Day 3 of 4, 10185 entries

Ten players remain in the Crazy Eights, a minimum of over $82K wrapped up but with eyes in the first prize of $888,888.

The chip leader is the Lithuanian Aleksandras Rusinovas who still has almost 100BB in his stack, almost double his nearest challenger Thomas Drivas of the US and then another gap to Vivian Saliba and Uselis Gediminas who are hair's breadth apart in third and fourth.

As I mentioned yesterday, no GB cashes but there is still Irish interest in this, with Patrick Clarke in 6th spot.

Mark Radoja is I think the only previous bracelet winner still left in, while Vlad Darie is aiming to make the FT of this massive field for the second time (6th place in 2017)

Event 66 - $1500 Limit Hold'em, Day 4 of 3, 541 entries

David "ODB" Baker led at the end of Day 2, led at the end of Day 3 and never relinquished that lead throughout Day 4. He won a bracelet back in 2012 and now seven years later he's collected his second, and over $151K.

It was an all-American top three with Brian Kim and Dominzo Love filling the places.

Fourth place went to the best female player in this event, Japan's Ruiko Mamiya, Chris Ferguson went out in 5th and Greg Mueller in 9th.

Event 67 - S10K Seven Card Stud Hi/Lo 8 or better, Day 3 of 4, 151 entries

No need for a Day 4, as Aussie Robert Campbell finished off the field within 3 days, collecting his second bracelet of the summer, the first being in Event 33, the $1500 Limit 2-7 Lowball Triple Draw. This one was worth $385K which if he takes it home it will convert to over half a million Australian Dollars.

If it was double glory for Campbell, it has been double agony for Yueqi Zhu as he was the heads-up loser for the second time in just a few days. Mike Wattel was third and Mike "The Mouth" Matusow fourth.

Event 69 - $1000 Mini Main Event, Day 2 of 2, 5521 players

When one event finishes early, another compensates by finishing late. Eight players fought through the bag and tag at the end of the day that was supposed to crown a winner.

Two Americans are joined plyers from six different nationalities with the lead being held by Andres Korn (Argentina), ahead of Jeremy Sanderne (France) and Yi Ma (China). These are the only three players with over 30BB so there isn't going to be a lot of time for finesse play on the FT.

For the second time today, Ireland have a player at the FT (Philip Gildea) and the Day 1 chip leader Lula Taylor is still there doing it for the ladies.

The last British challenge fizzled out when William Young bust in 19th spot ($21K), with a deep run also for James Dempsey (29th, $17K)

Event 70 - $5K NLH 6-max, Day 2 of 4, 751 entries so far

At last an event where it looks like the number of days allocated will be the number of days used.

28 players are left in, with the chip leader being Portuguese player Joao Vieira, the only player who will return to a stack of over 100BB. Israel (yes Israel again) have the second place in the shape of Shahar Levi and third is Olivier Busquet of France. Former ME winner Joe Cada has also built a healthy stack to lie in fourth place overnight.

Richard Sheils is the top Brit lying in the middle of the pack, and we were so close to having two brothers through to Day 3 as Brandon was the last elimination of the night in 29th spot ($21K). Two other GB players did make Day 3, though they both have short stacks - Chris Brammer and Jamie O'Connor with 17 & 16 BB respectively. On a weird table draw, they are part of a 6-strong grouping that includes all five of the shortest stacks plus Ryan Jones.

Event 71 - $500 Salute to Warriors NLH, Day 1 of 3, 1723 entries

$40 of each buyin was held for the United Services Organisation and other military charities.

With the low buyin, a lot of the 287 remaining players are barely household names in their own households, but Ben Yu and Mike Sexton have both made it through with decent stacks.

France have the chip leader. Dominique Terzian who has two small WSOP cashes this year, but has been playing well in the Rio's Daily Deepstacks, cashing on the 4th, 5th, 6th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 14th, 19th, 20th, 21st, 23rd, 24th, 27th, 28th and 29th June with the highlight being the event in the 9th where he won nearly $13K for winning a $400 tournament.

Garry Stevens-Smith is the highest place British player in second, looking for his first ever WSOP cash as they're just a few players away from the bubble. Other UK names through include Robert Ludwig, Andrew Fields and Jonathan Walker

In 40th place is Ryan Dodson, 41st is Robert Dodson. Listed as coming from adjacent states, I don't know if they are related.

Event 72 - $10K Limit Hold'em Championship, Day 1 of 3, 110 entries

With late reg still open to the start of Day 2, the field size is just 4 down on last year's figure so matching that field size is still a possibility.

The lead is held by Andrew Brown ahead of Anthony Marsico and the evergreen Eli Elezra.

Three British players are among the 51 survivors, two of whom we are all pretty familiar - Benny Glaser and Stuart Rutter and Jason Gray. Gray may be the less familiar name of the three, he is now resident in Sydney, Australia but he did make the FT of a $10K WSOP event last year and has other FTs to his credit dating back to 1997.

To start today

Event 73 - $10K MAIN EVENT WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP NLH, 10 Day Event, 3 starting flights Wed/Thu/Fri

Event 74 - $3200 WSOP.com Online NLH High Roller, 1 Day Event

Watch live coverage of the Main Event almost all night from 1:30am on BT Sport/ESPN (Sky Channel 423)

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 03, 2019, 10:51:37 PM »

In case you missed this, note;

Watch live coverage of the Main Event almost all night from 1:30am on BT Sport/ESPN (Sky Channel 423)

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 04, 2019, 02:40:07 PM »

1a

1335 this year, 925 last

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 04, 2019, 08:55:09 PM »

Event 64 - $888 Crazy Eights NLH, Day 3 of 4, 10185 entries

If at first you don't succeed, try try again. That's the maxim used by Rick Alvarado who needed to re-enter six times (this was an unlimited re-entry until late reg closed event) before building a stack which he built throughout the four days which saw him take the bracelet and the $888,888 first prize.

It was a FT where comparitively few starting hands held up as flops, turns and rivers all led to weaker hands overtaking stronger starting ones, including the final hand where Alvarado's A4 found a four on the river to beat Mark Radoja's A10. Alvarado's mother had literally just arrived in the arena from California to see the final hand.

Third place went to Thomas Drivas, while the sponsors (the poker site that has all the 8's in the name) were no doubt rooting for fourth placed Vivian Saliba because she is one of their sponsored players and was sporting the relevant patches.

Vlad Darie did make the FT of this for the second time

Event 69 - $1000 Mini Main Event, Day 2 of 2, 5521 players

With a large part of a raucous rail behind him, Jeremy Saderne who lives in London but hails from France (like previous bracelet winner Thomas Cazayous) took down the Mini Main (I wonder where I've seen that one before...) and earned himself over $628K.

There was so much love for the runner-up, Lula Taylor, that even Saderne's rail was chanting "Lula, Lula" over and over again after their man had beaten her heads-up. She had been the life and soul of the FT, laughing and joking here way through it and hugging other players after showdowns, win or lose.

The dénouement (he is French after all) came after Saderne picked up pocket aces to knock out Anders Kern in third place ($287K) and then five hands later, found the aces again to finish off Taylor ($388K)

Ireland's Philip Gadea ended up in 7th spot for $92K.

Event 70 - $5K NLH 6-max, Day 3 of 4, 751 entries so far

On schedule with the FT settled and a very interesting line-up it is too.

Joao Vieira is the chip leader for the second day running, with a British player, Jamie O'Connor not too far behind. Olivier Busquet has several WSOP top five positions but no bracelets (but does have a 7-figure cash from an EPT High Roller back in 2014).

Fourth is former ME winner Joe Cada, fifth is Barry Hutter who won a bracelet back in 2015, and making up the numbers (for now at least) is Pierre Calamusa who is a French player who actually appears to be resident in France and has cashes on four continents.

Of the other two Brits who entered Day 3, Chris Brammer went out in 20th ($26K) while Richard Shields laddered one rung higher to the $32K level, fininshing 16th

Event 71 - $500 Salute to Warriors NLH, Day 1 of 3, 1723 entries

Eight left, and fittingly for this event is a former aircraft maintenance engineer at Barksdale Air Force Base in Louisiana, Tyler Carroll.

Susan Faber and Dean Yoon complete an all-American top 3, in fact top 6 with the two other contenders being the short stacks of Jordan Knackstedt (Canada) and Jose Annaloro (Venezuela), but my favourite name among the FT is Uriah Grossglauser.

All 4 British players who entered Day 2 lasted long enough to cash but we lost them at pretty regular intervals during the day - Andrew Fields went out in 224th ($722), Robert Ludwig was 175th for $803, Jonathan Walker took home just over a grand in 93rd and the departure Garry Stevens-Smith in 50th for $2111 saw the end of the British challenge.

Event 72 - $10K Limit Hold'em Championship, Day 2 of 3, 118 entries

Eight late entries made the field size just tip over last year's total and meant that the first prize would be $306K.

Fifteen players are still looking towards that $306K (and of course the bracelet) with envious eyes, with Mike Lancaster the only player with over a million chips in his bag.

Second place belongs to Juha Helppi who according to Wikipedia was part of the Finnish national paintball champions on four occasions, and third is Josh Arieh whose paintball expertise is unknown but has exhibited enough poker skills over the years to win 2 bracelets (but none for the last 14 years).

Eli Elezra is still in with a chance of winning his fifth bracelet (and second this series) but none of Messrs Glaser, Rutter or Gray made the cash for GB.

With late reg still open to the start of Day 2, the field size is just 4 down on last year's figure so matching that field size is still a possibility.

With the kafuffle over the opening of the new session of the European Parliament, we note that the first player out after the bubble burst was former MEP Tony G. He'll have more time on his hands to play poker now his party failed to get enough votes in the Lithuanian European Elections in May.

Event 73 - $10K MAIN EVENT WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP NLH, Day 1A of 10,

The biggest tournament not in terms of numbers or buyin but definitely in prestige kicked off in traditional fashion with the previous years winner John Cynn getting the dealers to "Shuffle Up And Deal".

The Day 1A Chip leader is Bryan Campanello, with Timothy Su and Quentin Roussey in the second and third places.

I can't see a figure for Day 1A entries, but it must be way up on last year's 915 as we have more than that (960) through to Day 2.

Two former ME winners, Chris Moneymaker (2003) and Qui Nugyen (2016) both progressed, as did Billy Baxter, Alex Foxen, Jeffrey Lisandro, Erik Seidel and Brian Hastings.

From a British perspective, Craig McCorkell, Matthew Moss and Stephen Chidwick got plenty of coverage on the feature tables and are all in Day 2. Ben Philipps is the best placed of the GB contingent in 28th, with plenty of others through led by Jack Sinclair, Michael Kane, Martins Adeniya, Barny Boatman, Dennis Rubba, Andrew Hulme, Arron Woodcock all in the top 300, and among the middle stacks Simon Deadman, and with below starting stacks Tony Bloom, James Dempsey and Toby Lewis.

One British player who isn't through is Liv Boeree, she was knocked out of the Main Event by her boyfriend Igor Kurganov. Cue some awkward moments in that household I guess. Kurganov has at least put those chips to good use as he ended the day with over double the 60K starting stack.

TV coverage tonight is only from 2am to 4am, then they switch to covering the Hot Dog Eating Contest.

Event 74 - $3200 WSOP.com Online NLH High Roller, 1 Day Event

Brandon Adams has been making WSOP cashes since 2005, is a lecture and graduate of Harvard and has had a number of six-figure cashes over the last couple of years so it was a little bit of a surpise to me that he hadn't previously won a bracelet.

He put that right by winning the penultimate online event of the 2019 WSOP.

Playing under the alias "DrOctagaon" he beat Nabil Cardoso heads-up and Vladimir Alexandrov in third, but the big hand of the FT was 5-handed when Adams' pocket aces eliminated Michael Vanier and virtually eliminated 2-time bracelet winner Calvin Anderson and from that point the result was rarely in doubt.

To start today
None, but it is Day 1B of the main event.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 04, 2019, 08:56:25 PM »

Only in America (part 957).

TV coverage tonight is only from 2am to 4am, then they switch to covering the Hot Dog Eating Contest.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 04, 2019, 09:40:25 PM »

GL Joey Chesnut!!

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 04, 2019, 09:47:40 PM »

GL Joey Chesnut!!

Smashed it.

71 HDBs.

12 titles now for the Chestnut.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 04, 2019, 09:58:51 PM »

GL Joey Chesnut!!

Smashed it.

71 HDBs.

Spoiler
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 04, 2019, 10:16:05 PM »

GL Joey Chesnut!!

Smashed it.

71 HDBs.

He should be massive by now.

In the days i used to do Wsop he was doing it then. Me and the now wife would sit on the bed watching in amazement and it's gotta be ten years since we were there this time of year.

Good lad.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: