blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:22:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  WSOP 2019 Updates
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP 2019 Updates  (Read 49521 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: July 12, 2019, 08:25:22 PM »

What are "plastic Brits"?

I assume they are referring to inverse Lewis Hamilton’s who live in UK because gambling winnings are tax free?

Yes. Foreign nationals either living in the UK or claiming to.

Do we have proof they are doing this, or are we making that assumption?

Could be second or third generation immigrants

Don't have proof, no, it was an assumption based on available facts & I still think it's probably correct.

Specifically mentioned as "plastic Brits" were Florian Duta, who, according to THM is of Romanian nationality, currently residing in Birmingham, & Robert Heidorn, a German national currently living in London.  

As 4kSuited notes, THM now lists Nationality, country of birth & current residence as we see here for Duta & Heidorn.  

https://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=175126

https://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=259296

The third example in the report for that day was Laurids Nielsen, who WSOP list as being from United Kingdom, but THM have him as born & still living in Ireland. I have no idea what the situation is with him.

Just feels a bit distasteful. Are we calling Kevin Pietersen, Jo Konta and Andrew Strauss "plastic Brits" too?

Countries and nationalties are artificial constructions made to divide people.

How about just cheering for good guys and hissing at bad guys no matter where their parents happened to shag?

..and no religion too

sola virtus nobilitat
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 12, 2019, 08:43:03 PM »

Wasn't there a Swedish guy who made the November Nine and immigrated to the UK before the FT to avoid Swedish income tax?

I'm pretty sure the Swedish tax-man considered him to be a plastic Brit.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 12, 2019, 08:46:27 PM »

Again, had to split into two because the full post exceeded the forum limit:

Event 73 - $10K MAIN EVENT WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP NLH, Day 6 of 10, 8569 entries

UrchinNic tops the chip listings as the race to the FT intensifies

We have a new chip leader at the end of Day 6, and I am glad to say it is Nicholas Marchington, a 21-year-old from Hornchurch who enters Day 7 as Numero Uno as they will play to a FT.

He's not exactly experienced in this sort of situation, in fact Hendon Mob have just the one cash recorded for him, $12K for making the top 20 of Event 53, the $800 Deepstack.

The second placed player, in contrast, has plenty of big time experience. Hossein Ensan from Germany has won an EPT and finished third in another, each for the equivalent of over $800K.

In third comes the Day 2a & Day 5 chip leader Timothy Su who benefited from a huge hand against Sam Greenwood where the Canadian's pocket aces could not hold up against Su's suited connectors.

In all, 35 players are still alive and it looks like it is going to be a long day (and well into the early morning) before the final 9 are confirmed.

There are still two other British players in the mix, Daniel Charlton lies 21st and Oliver Bithell 26th, plus German-resident-on-London Robert Heidorn one place further back.

We lost several "names" during Day 6, Jeff Madsen went out in 102, Mukul Pahuja 95th, Antoni Esfandiari 82nd, Daniel Hachem 79th, Florian Duta 57th, Chris Hunichen in 54th and GPI rated number one Alex Foxen in 40th, plus GB players Carl Shaw 101st ($59295) and Christopher Sly 53rd ($173K).

Five of the 35 played Day 1a, Ten played 1B and Seventeen 1C. That leaves three who took advantage of being able to buy in before one of the day 2s, Kevin Maahs, Hiroki Nawa & Warwick Mirzikinian. As an aside, the WSOP have corrected their error they have had for a couple of days as showing the latter from "New South Whales" in Australia.

As well as Day 2/5 leader Su, and Day 6 leader Marchington (obvs), Day 3 leader Preben Stokkan has also battled his way through to Day 7.

Action re-starts at 8pm our time and will continue until there's 9 left of everyone else falls asleep exhausted.

Thankfully, the TV coverage is back tonight, starting our time at 2am and scheduled to go on until 7am so I don't think we'll be able to watch the end of Day 7 live unless we subscribe to PokerGo.

Event 75 - $1111 Little One for One Drop, Day 4 of 4, 6248 entries
This one didn't finish inside the regulation 4 days, so 5 players will be heading back to the Rio to finish things off.

Brazil and Israel are of course represented among the 5, Fernando Karam is the leader and Liran Betito is 2nd.

The other three players are James Anderson, Shalom Elharar (both USA) and Marco Guibert (Argentina)

All 5 guaranteed $177K with the winner taking a massive $690K

Event 77 - $3K Limit Hold'em 6-max, Day 3 of 4, 193 entries

Tu Dao takes one down for the ladies and for Canada. After coming close in the Ladies Event (4th place) a couple of weeks ago, she claimed her first bracelet and $132K.

After eliminating Ian O'Hara in third, Dao had the chip lead and though Alain Alinat briefly took top spot, she held that lead throughout most of the two hours that the heads-up match took, eventually winning after the players got in a raising war pre-flop, Alinat's KQ dominating Dao's K9, but a nine on the flop was all she needed.

Event 78 - $1500 PLO Bounty, Day 3 of 3, 1140 entries

Guess what? Another event over-running to an extra day.

In this case 7 players are still battling for the win, with Maximilian Klostermeier from Denmark bagging the biggest stack, 10.2m chips which equates to about 64BB. It would not only be his first bracelet but his first WSOP cash, the amounts he has collected in bounties has already exceeded his recorded career live earnings.

In second place is David Callaghan from Ireland. We haven't had much Irish success this Series, perhaps Callaghan could kick-start a late rush.

Five Americans fill the FT, the best known of them being Bryce Yockey.

42 isn't just the answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe and Everything but also the number of players who have made Day 3 of Event 78.

If I told you the chip leader was Kazuhiko Yotsushika, I would guess 99.9% of you would get his country of origin correct - he is from Tokyo, Japan. Second is Joao Simao and third Joseph Liberta.

Plenty of interesting names elsewhere in the 42 - Toby Lewis and Timothy Chung both represent the UK inside the Top 10, Jesse Sylvia and Bryce Yockey both also have decent stacks and lurking with the smallest stack of all is Daniel Negreanu.

Toby Lewis went out in 20th for $5169 and Timothy Chung finished 10th for just over $10K.

Event 79 - $3K NLH, Day 3 of 4, 671 entries

The Hungarian domination of the earlier days has come to an end, with no Magyar presence among the Final 6.

We do have a British presence though, Patrick Leonard from up in the North East has made it through, sitting in 5th position.

The top two have achieved some separation from the others, David Gonzalez and Guillame Nolet each have more than double the chips in the stack of third-placed Ivan Deyra.

Event 80 - $1500 Mixed NLH/PLO, Day 2 of 3, 1250 entries

I wouldn't be surprised to see this too extend an extra day as there are still 47 players left.

Four of the 47 are previous bracelet holders (Steve Sung, Ayaz Mahmood, David "ODB" Baker and Ankush Mandavia) but they are all some way behind the chip leader Francis Rusnak.

Gary Bolden (like Rusnak, from Las Vegas) is second, and Jerry Odeen from Sweden lies third.

Don't count out the Brits either, Peter Linton from Nottingham and Iaron Lightbourne from London are both in, the former having four times as many chips as the latter.

Event 81 - $1500 Bracelet Winners Only NLH, Day 2 of 4, 143 entries so far

No fewer than 42 players entered before the start of Day 2, so a very respectable 185 former bracelet winners entered this very special, rake free, event.

Eight players are left, with the familiar name of Nguyen at the top of the overnight listings. But it's not Scotty or Qui, It's Tommy Nguyen who is the leader and brings forward a massive 116BB for the FT.

Shankar Pillai and Michael Gagliano both from the US chase the Canadian chip leader, Brett Apter is in no mans land in 4th and then we have four short stacks all with 18BB or less.

The only British player to cash was Chris Brammer, 24th for $2520, the same payout as the only former Main Event winner to cash, Ryan Reiss.

In contrast with some of the events above, this one has raced through to a FT, so this will finish within 3 days.

Event 82 - $1500 NLH Double Stack, Day 1 of 2, 2589 entries

This should end today but with spare capacity on the featured tables after Event 81 finishes early and a day off in the main, an extra day wouldn't be too much of a surprise.

357 are left, headed by two former bracelet winners, Mike Leah & Will Givens, with Ray Vohra in third.

Also through - Greg Raymer, Ismael Bojang, Valentin Vornicu, Gordon Vayo, Phil Hellmuth & Joseph Cheong.

The British challenge is headed by Daniel Wendorf in 11th, accompanied by two Roberts Sherwood & Tinnion, Jason McConnon, Niall Murray and another Robert this time Robert Glaspool along with a few others.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 12, 2019, 08:48:13 PM »

Part 2:

Event 82 - $1500 NLH Double Stack, Day 1 of 2, 2589 entries

This should end today but with spare capacity on the featured tables after Event 81 finishes early and a day off in the main, an extra day wouldn't be too much of a surprise.

357 are left, headed by two former bracelet winners, Mike Leah & Will Givens, with Ray Vohra in third.

Also through - Greg Raymer, Ismael Bojang, Valentin Vornicu, Gordon Vayo, Phil Hellmuth & Joseph Cheong.

The British challenge is headed by Daniel Wendorf in 11th, accompanied by two Roberts Sherwood & Tinnion, Jason McConnon, Niall Murray and another Robert this time Robert Glaspool along with a few others.

Event 83 - $100K NLH High Roller, Day 1 of 3, 95 entries so far

Just over half of the 95 remain, and the player who led the $50K high roller at one point is back at it again, Brandon Adams who finished 4th in that previous event and also won the online High Roller has nearly 3m chips ahead of Byron Kaverman in 2nd and James Chen in 3rd.

As you would expect plenty of familiar high roller names, Ali Imsirovic, Bryn Kenney, Danny Tang, Isaac Haxton, etc.

It wouldn't probably too much of a surprise to see some of the UK names involved either, Stephen Chidwick and Talal Shakerchi while Michael Zhang Sam Grafton are perhaps less often seen at this sort of buyin level.

We've also got 2 nationals of other countries but resident in the UK left, Orpen Kisacikoglu and Sergi Reixach.

To start today

Event 84 - $1500 The Closer NLH, 2 Day Event, 3 starting flights Fri/Sat/Sun

Event 85 - $3K PLO 6-max, 4 Day Event

Then there will be just 4 more events to start

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 12, 2019, 08:49:24 PM »

Haven't got the wrong end of any sticks Marky Mark.

Just thought it iwas a very distasteful term.

Hope you are well mate.

Ok, my bad.

I think it's fine, in the context that I've always seen it used. Obv distasteful if used in some circumstances, though.

I've survived another summer, just. So all is well, and likewise hope all is good yourself Smiley

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 12, 2019, 09:14:14 PM »

Given Camels previous comments on people who are proud to be English/British I’d say that he is arguably a plastic Brit 
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 12, 2019, 09:26:38 PM »

The chip leader is British, pictured, Nick Marchington has lifetime live winnings before this tournament of $12,000!

Anyone know him?

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showpost.php?p=55243125&postcount=4639

Could be interesting.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 12, 2019, 09:31:08 PM »

The chip leader is British, pictured, Nick Marchington has lifetime live winnings before this tournament of $12,000!

Anyone know him?

Could be interesting.

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 12, 2019, 09:33:33 PM »

Talking of plastic Brits I never really felt the love for Greg Rusedski

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 12, 2019, 09:36:21 PM »

Anyone know him?

Could be interesting.

To be fair, his response clears it up somewhat.

Nick here

I'd like to once again apologise to my buyer for cancelling a booked piece. It was never my intention to book this piece then swap it for a better one. Coming to Vegas I had 80% of myself for the main event and I did not plan to sell any more. I ended up having a very bad summer and needed to sell much more to responsibly play and realised I could do so at a higher mark up than I sold to them for. I informed my buyers of this several days before and at one point was considering cancelling altogether. I played the 5k 6 max with their action and a big piece of myself but decided to canel their action for the main.

I didn't consider how me already having the money for 1 month makes the etiquiette of this much worse than if the piece was reserved. If I was in their position I would also be frustrated. I was holding money that could have been invested elswhere which I now realise makes it much worse for me to cancel.

On top of the full $1200 refund I would like to offer a $30 rebate, a dollar a day, for me holding the money.

To be honest I am quite upset that this has ended up in this forum. I'm new to the poker community and am very aware of the damage this will do to my reputaton when looking to sell action or apply for a job in the future when I have not scammed a dollar. Several friends said I should offer a small freeroll which I am not going to do. The skype chat where I kept them updated about the pieces was filled with paragraph long messages from each member questioning my character and ethics which I was unsettled by.

I have learned a few lessons here and will look to conduct myself more sensibly going forward    

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 12, 2019, 09:38:32 PM »

Talking of plastic Brits I never really felt the love for Greg Rusedski

Racist  Kiss
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 12, 2019, 09:41:26 PM »

Anyone know him?

Could be interesting.

Love Mongrels.

Gif of the day winner.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 12, 2019, 09:42:06 PM »

Don't think I agree with you there.  OK, he might be new to it, but your word is your bond and your reputation stands and falls accordingly.  Should have honoured the piece sold and sold some more later at a higher mark up if he was running bad.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 12, 2019, 09:47:48 PM »

Don't think I agree with you there.  OK, he might be new to it, but your word is your bond and your reputation stands and falls accordingly.  Should have honoured the piece sold and sold some more later at a higher mark up if he was running bad.

Sorry, badly worded by me. I didn't mean that he was right, just that it explains him doing something so short-sighted.

Congrats on swerving me playing Vinny @ The Wynn Grin

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 12, 2019, 10:07:05 PM »

Forum rules question.

Can you say anything about anybody these days on Blondepoker without getting a post deleted or a ban?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: