blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:10:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  WSOP 2019 Updates
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP 2019 Updates  (Read 49499 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: July 12, 2019, 10:11:09 PM »

Forum rules question.

Can you say anything about anybody these days on Blondepoker without getting a post deleted or a ban?

In the first instance you need to moderate yourself with out of line comments about people potentially being racist when there is nothing ado before whining about responses to those comments. Moderate yourself and you don’t get the comments from me.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 10:13:13 PM by Woodsey » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 12, 2019, 10:28:25 PM »

First level of Day 7 down, and there's some good news and some bad news on the British front.

Nicholas Marchington marches (sorry) on and on. He has just won a huge hand to eliminate Luke Graham in 29th and added more than 10 million more chips to his total, he is now up to about 64million with his nearest challenger Timothy Su just below 40million. However, we've lost one of our contenders:

Bustouts
35. Corey Burbick - first few hands, Jonathan Dempsey moved all in from UTG with AQ, called by Burbick from the button with Jacks and a Queen on the river sealed Burbick's fate.
34. Stephen Parrott - first victim of the day for Marchington. Parrott was short entering the day, picked up AK on the button and shoved, Marchington didn't have to call for much in the big blind with Q10. Two more tens on the flop and a Queen on the turn left Parrott drawing dead. And please note, not one Parrott pun.
33. Thomer Pidun - three bet shoved with A8 against the bigger stack of Milos Skbric but the Serb had pocket jacks. Pidun couldn't improve and was eliminated
32. Daniel Charlton - the man from Macclesfield (wearing a Macclesfield Town shirt) three bet shoved with AQ but unfortunately for him Nicholas Danias had kings. Charlton picked up one Queen on the turn but it was not enough
31. Christopher Ahrens was short and shoved with pocket fives, but Alex Livingston had kings and the board ran out dry
30. Mario Navarro - A6 against Viktor Rau's AJ. Navarro picked up an gutshot draw on the turn but the outs missed and Navarro was gone.
29. Luke Graham - at the hands of Marchington (as noted above). Marchington's pocket Jacks made a full house on the river, the same card that gave Graham a nut flush for his AK of hearts. The money went in pre-flop, but it could have gone in at any time for the same result

All those players collected $261K, as will the next player busted, then the remaining 27 will ladder up to the $324K level.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 12, 2019, 10:37:32 PM »

Forum rules question.

Can you say anything about anybody these days on Blondepoker without getting a post deleted or a ban?

No, bans are still meted out from time to time.

The parameters are much wider these days though, they have to be, times have changed.

It's damned if we do, damned if we don't really.

We are all grown-ups, & we all know each other, so for the most part it ought to be possible for Posters to sort things out without Mods getting involved.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 12, 2019, 10:37:45 PM »

To be fair, his response clears it up somewhat.

Don't think I agree with you there.  OK, he might be new to it, but your word is your bond and your reputation stands and falls accordingly.  Should have honoured the piece sold and sold some more later at a higher mark up if he was running bad.

Totally agree. Having sold the action it was no longer his to sell again.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 12, 2019, 10:41:55 PM »

Forum rules question.

The parameters are much wider these days though, they have to be, times have changed.

We are all grown-ups, & we all know each other, so for the most part it ought to be possible for Posters to sort things out without Mods getting involved.

As you know, the reason I stopped posting was a series of unprovoked personal attacks from a couple of unpleasant people which were left unchecked.

I came back a couple of weeks ago to congratulate a good guy on a great result.

I decided to continue posting in threads where I could post without any personal abuse.

But no, the trolls sought me out and abused me at the first opportunity without any fear of punishment. Pretty sad.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 12, 2019, 10:48:12 PM »

Forum rules question.

As you know, the reason I stopped posting was a series of unprovoked personal attacks from a couple of unpleasant people which were left unchecked.

I decided to continue posting in threads where I could post without any personal abuse.

But no, the trolls sought me out and abused me at the first opportunity without any fear of punishment. Pretty sad.

Self moderate and stop with the sanctimonious nonsense and you will not have a problem. You get the abuse because you behave poorly, you only have yourself to blame. You yourself were trolling with your question earlier trying to fish out a reason to call people racist where there wasn’t a reason, stop that nonsense and you won’t have a problem.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 12, 2019, 11:02:10 PM »

Forum rules question.

Self moderate and stop with the sanctimonious nonsense and you will not have a problem. You get the abuse because you behave poorly, you only have yourself to blame. You yourself were trolling with your question earlier trying to fish out a reason to call people racist where there wasn’t a reason, stop that nonsense and you won’t have a problem.

Agree.

Camel, no trolls sought you out. You unnecessarily hinted at some minor racism where I think everyone but you knew exactly what Tikay was meaning. Was just annoying to read and I bit my tongue. Woodsey obviously went over the top in his reply but a toned down version of his would have been just IMO.
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 12, 2019, 11:41:18 PM »

Talking of plastic Brits I never really felt the love for Greg Rusedski

Me neither. My parentage is similar to his: one parent of each nationality, but born in Canada. I would never ever try to pass myself off as a Brit, even though I’ve now spent most of my life here. Rusedski was shameless IMO in his efforts to be British simply because he felt he’d benefit from more funding for his career.

Fair enough. Man’s got to do what’s best for his career, but stfu about being a “true blue Brit”.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 12, 2019, 11:49:10 PM »

Talking of plastic Brits I never really felt the love for Greg Rusedski

Me neither. My parentage is similar to his: one parent of each nationality, but born in Canada. I would never ever try to pass myself off as a Brit, even though I’ve now spent most of my life here. Rusedski was shameless IMO in his efforts to be British simply because he felt he’d benefit from more funding for his career.

Fair enough. Man’s got to do what’s best for his career, but stfu about being a “true blue Brit”.

Take it up with Camel, he’s the expert on everything to do with race apparently  Roll Eyes
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 12, 2019, 11:55:28 PM »

Forum rules question.

We are all grown-ups, & we all know each other, so for the most part it ought to be possible for Posters to sort things out without Mods getting

Agree.

Camel, no trolls sought you out. You unnecessarily hinted at some minor racism where I think everyone but you knew exactly what Tikay was meaning. Was just annoying to read and I bit my tongue. Woodsey obviously went over the top in his reply but a toned down version of his would have been just IMO.

I was having a perfectly civilised discussion when a troll started abusing me. I never accused anyone of being racist.

Language matters. Stereotyping people causes a them and us attitude. And lots of the problems facing our society right now are caused by lack of understanding of people different to us.

What is the qualification for being a Plastic Brit? Not lliving here 5 years? 10? 30? Who decides when the cut off point is? Who knows, maybe not using such divisive language would stop causing unnecessary differences between people.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 13, 2019, 12:05:26 AM »

Forum rules question.

We are all grown-ups, & we all know each other, so for the most part it ought to be possible for Posters to sort things out without Mods getting

Agree.

I was having a perfectly civilised discussion when a troll started abusing me. I never accused anyone of being racist.

Language matters. Stereotyping people causes a them and us attitude. And lots of the problems facing our society right now are caused by lack of understanding of people different to us.

What is the qualification for being a Plastic Brit? Not lliving here 5 years? 10? 30? Who decides when the cut off point is? Who knows, maybe not using such divisive language would stop causing unnecessary differences between people.

Nobody abused you until you started your angle towards wanting to accuse someone of being racist. You didn’t use that phrase per se but it was very clear the angle you were taking.......and you have history. So don’t act all innocent, you knew exactly what you were doing.......stop with your divisive language and nobody will bother you.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 13, 2019, 07:58:35 AM »

(0638 this morning)

Live coverage is continuing with 12 players left. Fuller updates later but a run-down of the eliminations overnight our time

$261,430
28. Yuri Dzivielevski (BRA)

$324,650
27. Oliver Bithell (GBR)
26. Zachary Kroeper
25. Hiroki Nawa (JPN)
24. Johnathan Dempsey
23. Marcelo Cudos (ARG)
22. NIcholas Danias
21. Prebben Stokkan
20. Warwick Mirzikinian (AUS)
19. Duey Duong

$400,000
18. MIhai Manole (ROU)
17. Enrico Rudelitz (GER)
16. Austin Lewis

$500,000
15. Paul Dhaliwal (CAN)
14. Christopher Barton

$600,000
13. Viktor Rau (AUT)

Nicholas Marchington has suffered a major loss of chips to the point where he is one of the short stacks, he's been all in a couple of times with pocket sixes, one got through without action but was called the other time by Skrbic with AQ but a Jack high board saw him double up.

One of the 12 has been very deep in the ME before, MIchael Niwinski from Canada finished 15th in 2016. The chip leader is Hossein Ensan with Garry Gates and Timothy Su both still having over 100BB and are playing on the same table.

DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 13, 2019, 09:49:45 AM »

Huge dealer mistake just now.

Pocket Tens opened and Marchington shoved for ‘22’BBs with Queens. Marchington did this earlier with sixes but a shorter stack, so the opponent would have probably had that info.

Unfortunately the dealer miscounted the stack and after the opponent shoved a calling stack in (reasonably quickly) they realized ithr allin was over 30BBs.

Opponent moans forever, and after two different TD rulings of a call the flop is dealt x78. Still moaning they get a third guy in who obviously agrees but the guy is quite annoyed. He does admit he might have called anyway (I think he would as it was 5 or 6 handed).

Turn comes out and brings the possibility of a gut-shot straight for a chop. Dealer prays but it does t come and Marchington gets the full double up.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 13, 2019, 10:25:42 AM »

Pocket Tens opened and Marchington shoved for ‘22’BBs with Queens. Marchington did this earlier with sixes but a shorter stack, so the opponent would have probably had that info.

Unfortunately the dealer miscounted the stack and after the opponent shoved a calling stack in (reasonably quickly) they realized ithr allin was over 30BBs.

Opponent moans forever, and after two different TD rulings of a call the flop is dealt x78. Still moaning they get a third guy in who obviously agrees but the guy is quite annoyed. He does admit he might have called anyway (I think he would as it was 5 or 6 handed).

Turn comes out and brings the possibility of a gut-shot straight for a chop. Dealer prays but it does t come and Marchington gets the full double up.

The opponent only objected AFTER the cards were tabled & the flop had been dealt.

https://twitter.com/DanSmithHolla/status/1149957490244587520

« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 10:28:18 AM by tikay » Logged

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 13, 2019, 10:46:20 AM »

The opponent only objected AFTER the cards were tabled & the flop had been dealt.

https://twitter.com/DanSmithHolla/status/1149957490244587520

Seems that way, read Justin Bonomo's comment.  Just seems like an angle by the caller to me.   If it was a bigger proportion of his chips, I might have a bit of sympathy.   Raise folding 10s 6 handed against a reasonably aggro player 6 handed for a third of his chips.  Even Tikay calls.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: