blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:19:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  WSOP 2019 - Brit Watch
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP 2019 - Brit Watch  (Read 29849 times)
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: July 17, 2019, 02:52:12 PM »

#89 $5,000 No-Limit Hold'em

Not long after making his biggest career live cash of $59,295 in this years ME after finishing 101st, Carl claims his first Bracelet.

Carl was chip leader throughout the Final Table but really steamrollered his opposition from 6 handed. Tony Dunst put up a good fight but finally succumbed to the big stack.

The only, small, disappointment might be that he didn't get to bust Phil Hellmuth.

goldstar  1st Place Carl Shaw - $606,562

The Big Fella far right looks a cross between Marky & Chompy.

What a great spot. Probably their love child.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 17, 2019, 03:38:01 PM »

Not long after making his biggest career live cash of $59,295 in this years ME after finishing 101st, Carl claims his first Bracelet.

Carl was chip leader throughout the Final Table but really steamrollered his opposition from 6 handed. Tony Dunst put up a good fight but finally succumbed to the big stack.

The only, small, disappointment might be that he didn't get to bust Phil Hellmuth.

goldstar  1st Place Carl Shaw - $606,562

The Big Fella far right looks a cross between Marky & Chompy.

What a great spot. Probably their love child.

Our 2nd, after yourself. Say hi to your step-brother Cheesy

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 17, 2019, 05:22:40 PM »

goldstar  1st Place Carl Shaw - $606,562

Hungry eyes? Too racist?

Cash games at resorts world are going to be interesting now.   Telford is the new hotbed of poker in the UK.   #telfordmob.   Carl and Sean Mills (among numerous other Telford based pros online and live) have had great summers.   I wondered why i was struggling in the games i was playing.  Now i know why!   2nd generation of dour West midland pros!

The kid who imo is the next big thing potentially in the West Midlands was Sean mills (deep wsop main finish) or Harry Ross (or his brother Dan who has recently quit his job to go pro).  The first time i met him two years ago i just thought 'the next Simon Deadman'.  I have played in cash games with these kids for tthe last 2 years and they are very very good.  Carl is just a brutal gambler and has literally zero fear.   I imagine he has 'other income' shall we say to be polite but he is a relentless pressure gambler who sticks it up everyone he plays.   I flipped him twice blind for a grand the very first night i played against him at Walsall in a cash game 2 years ago because i thought he was full of shit but he wasn't he stuck it down lost 0-2 and still had a smile on his face.  He is a proper fearless old school gambler.   Sean mills and Harry ross are the real up and coming talents coming out of telford imo.   They will be around for many years.  They 100% make it pay day in day out online.   Not sure Carl is an online player.  

Lovely to see West midlands poker kicking on.  Mickey, Marty and surinder would be very proud i am sure.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 05:47:22 PM by arbboy » Logged
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 17, 2019, 06:31:14 PM »

Great work Albus.

Incred ffs lookalike too.

Next big thing to emerge from the Luton scene is...nah, nobody, place has gone to shit. The game really is a farce there now. Ethan Brown aside. Kid got skillz.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 17, 2019, 07:13:09 PM »

forgot to say in my detailed post thanks for the updates much appreciated.   
AlbusFawkes

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 19, 2019, 02:39:02 PM »

Many thanks for all the comments - good to know that my efforts were appreciated.

Thanks also for the warm welcome.

Currently in Yarm for the annual Raise 4 Jack charity event. Hoping to reclaim my title after letting someone else borrow it last year!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: