blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:05:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  About Albus
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: About Albus  (Read 10362 times)
AlbusFawkes

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2019, 07:48:16 PM »

1st break on 37k from 15k start. Going back to 300/600 6 card. Number of cards changes every level.
AlbusFawkes

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2019, 08:38:27 PM »

Just bust in 4 card. Will post details once home. Enjoyed the experience.
AlbusFawkes

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2019, 12:45:47 AM »

Well home eventually after a few detours/roadworks etc.

After the break we came back to 300/600 6 card. Lost around 6k with a turned nut flush which lost to a rivered house. Down to 31k

Won a small pot with an over pair and straight wrap which no-one else wanted - 34k

New guy had sat down (seat 4) at break with around 70k and immediately hits everything. He is up to 100k quite quickly with a flopped straight and back door flush. Opponent (seat 1) had same flopped straight, Flush arrives on river. Seat 3, then cripples seat 5 who is left with around 3k.

New level 400/800 - 4 card.

Seat 3 (UTG) calls 800, seat 4 folds, seat 5 shoves for his last chips. SB calls, I am in BB (seat 2) with  Two Diamonds not the best starting hand but well ahead of shove range of shorty so I repot to 14k ish (risky, I know). UTG folds and SB debates it but lets it go. Shorty has  three diamonds two hearts. Board is KKXXX no hearts. I pick up a nice pot to go to around 40k.

Next hand I am in SB with  - Seat 4 limps rest fold, I call 400 & BB checks. Three way to flop

Flop is 

I bet 2400 (pot), both players call.

Turn is 

I again pot to 9600, BB folds and seat 4 repots it to put me all in. Without thinking, I push my remaining chips in and immediately realise he has pocket tens.

Sure enough, he rolls over  meaning I need to hit the case 7 on river. No joy.

I looked at the hand as having flopped nuts and improved to a house. I should have thought that I had gone from nuts to 3rd nuts. If I had thought more about the hand, I might have folded or more likely called but Seat 4 was definitely a strong omaha player and unlikely to bluff in this spot.

It was a great evening, but unfortunately ended too soon. On the bright side, I saved the two extra bullets I was prepared to fire.
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2019, 06:37:44 AM »

Unlucky Albus. But at least you can always say you were there when they briefly played a PLO tournie with antes.
AlbusFawkes

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2019, 09:42:14 AM »

Unlucky Albus. But at least you can always say you were there when they briefly played a PLO tournie with antes.

Yes, the antes did get a few quizzical looks.

Seat 4 was older with grey hair - it wasn't you was it??

How did you get on?
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2019, 10:45:52 AM »

Table 91 seat 4 to begin with, think I lasted 6 hands on the first bullet. AA8Q v QT98 on T848. Table 101 for the 2nd bullet, 4b allin with bad Aces in the 300/600 6card and did not do a win.

Played on a fun cash game afterwards. Convinced the dealer to let us play a round of 7 card and then 8 card. Also managed to raise blind pre, bet flop blind, bet river blind, get called and do the one card turnover to reveal quads. [  ] all skill.
AlbusFawkes

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2019, 11:05:27 AM »

Bloody luckbox  Grin Grin
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2019, 09:14:39 AM »

I managed 5th in this comp. Wish I'd read this first lol.

Bust when I flopped top set on T74 at 4 card vs KK with a flush draw for about 2/3 the chips in play.

Was a fun comp; fast and furious!
AlbusFawkes

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2019, 08:16:48 PM »

Bust when I flopped top set on T74 at 4 card vs KK with a flush draw for about 2/3 the chips in play.

I noticed that you had cashed, Ky, well done. It certainly was fun.

I didn't know that you had a profile on Hendon Mob, as I had previously searched for you but the search came up empty! Then I realised that I had searched for you under "Dave Garden's Mate"  Grin
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2019, 11:41:52 AM »

I noticed that you had cashed, Ky, well done. It certainly was fun.

I didn't know that you had a profile on Hendon Mob, as I had previously searched for you but the search came up empty! Then I realised that I had searched for you under "Dave Garden's Mate"  Grin

That old chestnut..............
AlbusFawkes

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2019, 10:06:07 PM »

Off to the Vic for Day 1 of Summer Sizzler tomorrow - 7pm start. 30k stack, 12 levels, should finish around 2.30am.

Will post up anything interesting & my exit hand  Wink
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2019, 11:43:15 PM »

Off to the Vic for Day 1 of Summer Sizzler tomorrow - 7pm start. 30k stack, 12 levels, should finish around 2.30am.

Will post up anything interesting & my exit hand  Wink

Save the exit hand for Monday.

Played my day 1 on Thursday in Sunderland. Structure is very good, sadly my ability to hit half the deck with two cards to come isn’t what it was.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
AlbusFawkes

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2019, 09:20:59 PM »

Sadly, I didn't make it through to Day 2 of the Sizzler.

Got off to a great start winning a 3 bet multi-way pot with  (from SB - BB made 3 bet) on a      board to move to 50k after 3 hands.

Slowly chipped up to 75k with not much 8 7 off, K T off & 6 4. Lost a big pot with A Q v KK on a Q J X rainbow flop to drop to 55K.

Won a race with AK (limp, re-raise) v JJ (short stack on 20k). A on river clinched it. Reach a peak of 89K around end of level 6.

Quiet level 7 (500/1k/1k) and miss a couple of draws to drop to 70k. Raise cut off with  SB & BB call - flop is  Two Diamonds - checked to me. I bet, SB raises, BB calls - I get out of the way. SB has  & BB has . A J wins pot. Down to 65k.

Level 8 (600/1200/1200) Few hands later I have  on button, UTG raises to 4k, I flat on button as BB (just sat down) is already reaching for chips. He raises to 11k and UTG tank folds. BB has around 27k. I re-raise to 30k to cover him and he calls with  on the flop loses me the pot - down to 35K.

Level 9 (800/1600/1600) last level before final break of night. Nick a couple of pots to keep stack at 35k. Last hand before break I pick up  in cut-off. I raise to 4000 BB (80k new to table) calls. Flop is    , BB bets 3000, I raise to 12000, he shoves - I am putting him on AK or A5, although consider QQ (prob 3 bet pre) or 55 (more likely check flop) as possible holdings. I call and he turns over  . Board runs out  .

I can still re-enter but would be coming back with 15BB's so I cut my losses and headed home.

Will need to go back to Aspers to recoup my buyin through the £1/£1 cash tables.

AlbusFawkes

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2020, 05:27:56 PM »

Well not much poker in the last 3 months due to starting a new job, gall stones & Tax season (working most of Dec/Jan). After finishing work at 6.30pm on 31st Jan I got straight in my car and drove to DTD for the annual APAT team event.

I arrived at DTD around 9.30pm (after stopping to check in to Travelodge).

I had never intended to play the £50 bounty event, so I regged at the poker desk for £1/£1 cash. Took around an hour for them to open a table but eventually got seat 4 on a new table and sat with £100 (max is £150). They do not allow straddles on £1/£1.

Lost a couple of small pots and on bigger pot with AQ v AK on an A high board and dropped to £65. I picked up and raised to £6. Seat 6 (button/geordie) raises to £18. It folds back to me. He has 3-bet before with AQ so I flat and see a flop  . Happy days. I check and wait for the c-bet. He checks behind. Turn is  . Again check/check. River is  , I need to get some value so fire out £20. He instantly shove for more than I have and I call and he sighs and shows  two hearts wtf! He is left with just over £20. Very next hand I pick up  , I limp as I think seat 6 might shove. He doesn't he limps and with 7 limpers round to BB, seat one makes it £13. He has done this twice before and everyone folded. I make it £33 to go and it folds back to BB who makes the call. Flop  - check check - turn  - again check check. River  - he checks a third time and I slide out £50 - AQ he asks? I'll have to pay you off and calls and shows AK. If he'd bet flop I would probably have folded. I'm guessing he wanted to check-raise flop.
I played until around 1pm & got up with £270 for a £170 profit.

Saturday is the team event and although I hung around for most of the day, busting just before the final level, it was not to be Blonde's weekend. Steve & I busted around the same time to leave only Curtis going through to Sunday. It was around 11pm so was thinking of going back to get some much needed sleep, but Steve twisted my arm with those immortal words - they are opening another table soon! We both sit down with £150. I win a couple of small pots. I pick up    (loving the hooks this weekend). I make it £6 and guy on my left nonchalantly throws out £20. folds round to me and I call. flop is  - I fire out £20 and guy shows for £80 and I call and flip over the Jacks. The board is clean and he shows me AA before mucking. I starting hitting everything and grow my stack to £550. close to 1am and thinking of cashing out when I pick up  , I raise to £7 and guy from Midland Poker shoves for around £70. Folds back to me. I don't think it is a monster pair so after a bit of deliberation I call and he shows AQ. He hits his Q. A couple of hands later I get up and cash out for £480. Steve told me the table broke up after I left.

Sunday - I wish Curtis good luck and get my name down for £1/£1. I sit down eventually (S 6) with £150. It is a friendly table but a hard slog. I am leaking chips and drop to around £35. Get a timely double with AA v AK and climb to £70 before dropping back to around £40. I top up with £100 but my fortunes do not change & slide back to £56. Almost £200 in the hole for this session. Chatty older guy (Woody) in  seat 7 raises my BB to £10. two callers and I look down at  - no brainer - all goes in. Woody calls as does young guy in seat 8. Woody has QQ & seat 8 has 77. K on flop seals my triple up. Still below my buyin but much happier. Slowly chip up and get to £243. Only £7 on session and 3hrs in - should have got up but I am stubborn and wanted to finish with a profit. I slide back to £200 and then claw back to £244 - 4hrs in and only £6 down. The APAT team event is HU and I can't leave until it is over, so I keep playing. Tom Bacon sits down (S 2) and I bluff him off a small pot. A little while later he raises my BB and I call with with . Flop is tom bets and I call. Turn . I lead out and he calls. River is . I bet £20 and he slowly & deliberately pulls out raising chips. He pushes out £95 into a pot of around £70. I am really concerned he has K 10 for the nuts but I have the 2nd nuts. I eventually call and he shows  . Down to around £120. Manage to rebuild to around £180. Then get AA v Woody who is a non believer and calls with 2nd pair to the river to win another £50. Finally get above £250 and when the APAT event is finally won I get up with £300 for a £50 profit. Cash session was around 7 hrs so hourly rate not the best but was enjoyable!
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2020, 07:24:43 PM »

Making a set is very much the best way to play Jacks.

Good to see you last weekend Vince.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: