blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:27:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Blonde FPL Thread 2019/20
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde FPL Thread 2019/20  (Read 34872 times)
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2019, 09:58:44 AM »

2,3,4,5,6,7,8 please - ping me the bank details
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2019, 11:26:32 AM »

2,3,4,5,6,7,8 please - ping me the bank details
PM sent
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2019, 11:38:25 AM »

I know we’re in money leagues against each other but how has everyone found picking a squad this year? I’ve had very few players in all my tinkers but Salah, Sterling and a Liverpool full-back have been ever present. Formation wise, 3-4-3 has been the default formation for as long as I remember but 4-4-2 seems to be the new kid on the block this season and will be how I’m starting. Still got a few questions to settle before I lock my team down though. Anyone else facing any of these dilemmas?

1. Salah and Sterling or one of the two and Kane or Aubameyang up top? Or can you squeeze in three premium assets?

2. To KDB or not to KDB?

3. Which Liverpool full back is best?

4. Everton, great fixtures, terrible pre-season attacking wise. Should we go with any of their mids/fwds?

5. If you go big at the back, then it seems likely you need at least one 6.5m and under striker. All of them have drawbacks, to be expected at that price, perhaps a case of playing the fixture runs?

6. How much B’Mouth is too much B’Mouth?

7. Is Perez a good option to start with?

8. Chelsea’s assets are very cheap for a top six side.  There has to be value but where? Take the plunge from the start or wait and see?

8. Just how much will transfer deadline day ruin our best laid plans?
Mcbain11

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2019, 01:52:30 PM »

Hey Dino,

will enter 6 and 9 if places still available?
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2019, 02:55:10 PM »

Yep, no problem. Entry is open until 5pm tomorrow (Cups league open until Aug 31st).
Paul_Foulder

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2019, 06:03:24 PM »

I know we’re in money leagues against each other but how has everyone found picking a squad this year? I’ve had very few players in all my tinkers but Salah, Sterling and a Liverpool full-back have been ever present. Formation wise, 3-4-3 has been the default formation for as long as I remember but 4-4-2 seems to be the new kid on the block this season and will be how I’m starting. Still got a few questions to settle before I lock my team down though. Anyone else facing any of these dilemmas?

1. Salah and Sterling or one of the two and Kane or Aubameyang up top? Or can you squeeze in three premium assets? - Hard to get 3 unless you count KDB/Vardy as premium. Sterling/Salah captain rotation works fairly well & thats the main point of premium options

2. To KDB or not to KDB? Depends on the rest of your team. Think he can be a 200 pint MID if he stays fit all season. One of the few players that avoid rotation at City

3. Which Liverpool full back is best? TAA is better but Robertson has far less rotation risk so I'm going for the Scotsman. Can easily switch if necessary.

4. Everton, great fixtures, terrible pre-season attacking wise. Should we go with any of their mids/fwds? Think Digne is almost essential. I had Siggy in my team until recently & have set up in a way that can get him in in 1 move if necessary.

5. If you go big at the back, then it seems likely you need at least one 6.5m and under striker. All of them have drawbacks, to be expected at that price, perhaps a case of playing the fixture runs? King is the best £6.5m FWD to start the season for me. Think I will also have Jota at some point, but with the Europa qualifiers & tricky opening fixtures its a wait & see for me

6. How much B’Mouth is too much B’Mouth? 1 minimum, 3 probably too many

7. Is Perez a good option to start with? Yes, but i wouldnt double up with Vardy or Maddison/Tielemans

8. Chelsea’s assets are very cheap for a top six side.  There has to be value but where? Take the plunge from the start or wait and see? Clear wait & see for me. Abraham could be excellent value at £7m. As could the usual trap of Barkley if he plays & takes pens. Azi always decent at the back. Can potentially swap for Digne once the fixtures turn.

8. Just how much will transfer deadline day ruin our best laid plans? probably not much haha
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2019, 06:10:49 PM »

sent via paypal

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2019, 06:50:35 PM »

1. Salah and Sterling or one of the two and Kane or Aubameyang up top? Or can you squeeze in three premium assets? - Hard to get 3 unless you count KDB/Vardy as premium. Sterling/Salah captain rotation works fairly well & thats the main point of premium options

2. To KDB or not to KDB? Depends on the rest of your team. Think he can be a 200 pint MID if he stays fit all season. One of the few players that avoid rotation at City

3. Which Liverpool full back is best? TAA is better but Robertson has far less rotation risk so I'm going for the Scotsman. Can easily switch if necessary.

4. Everton, great fixtures, terrible pre-season attacking wise. Should we go with any of their mids/fwds? Think Digne is almost essential. I had Siggy in my team until recently & have set up in a way that can get him in in 1 move if necessary.

5. If you go big at the back, then it seems likely you need at least one 6.5m and under striker. All of them have drawbacks, to be expected at that price, perhaps a case of playing the fixture runs? King is the best £6.5m FWD to start the season for me. Think I will also have Jota at some point, but with the Europa qualifiers & tricky opening fixtures its a wait & see for me

7. Is Perez a good option to start with? Yes, but i wouldnt double up with Vardy or Maddison/Tielemans

8. Chelsea’s assets are very cheap for a top six side.  There has to be value but where? Take the plunge from the start or wait and see? Clear wait & see for me. Abraham could be excellent value at £7m. As could the usual trap of Barkley if he plays & takes pens. Azi always decent at the back. Can potentially swap for Digne once the fixtures turn.

8. Just how much will transfer deadline day ruin our best laid plans? probably not much haha

guess i am screwed before we even start

i've spent 32 million on back 7
42.5 in the middle
25.5 million up front

i just feel i want a powerful midfield but i always start badly and then fail to rise above anyone still actively playing lol

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2019, 07:36:06 PM »

I wish the season would start so I can stop my infernal tinkering.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2019, 08:10:14 PM »

I wish the season would start so I can stop my infernal tinkering.

A true master leaves it till the last minute to avoid this, then tries to log on when the site crashes due to the whole world trying to do the same thing.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2019, 10:14:59 PM »

Hi Nick,

Thanks for organising I have just sent £140 for 1, 2, 3, 4, 7 and 8.

Many thanks!
Phillip
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 10:16:45 PM by DropTheHammer » Logged
DrDreh
RehK47

The Rehfish

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2019, 11:35:51 AM »

Hey,

Could I have 6&9 please.

Thanks,

Reh

a law student at nottingham university, rehman is indeed terrible
c4ught

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2019, 12:36:10 PM »

Sent for 3 & 5.
kp24

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2019, 04:05:19 PM »

guess i am screwed before we even start

i've spent 32 million on back 7
42.5 in the middle
25.5 million up front

i just feel i want a powerful midfield but i always start badly and then fail to rise above anyone still actively playing lol

Agree with much of that apart from a I don’t trust the Everton defence myself and I wouldn’t have kdb too important to have sterling
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2019, 05:43:07 PM »

Anyone else having trouble dragging the subs to change their order?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: