blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:47:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Copenhagen
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Copenhagen  (Read 1790 times)
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« on: September 23, 2019, 10:36:47 PM »

Off there for a long weekend this coming Friday. Going to the UFC event on the Saturday so that gives me three days to fill. Anyone been and can recommend things to do, places to go, places to eat/drink etc?
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 10:47:03 PM »

Let me know if you find a dog track!   Cheesy
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2019, 07:29:16 AM »

It’s mega expensive so take lots of cash, Nyhaven is nice for a stroll and a few drinks. The mermaid is a bit of a let down, if you like old fashioned fairgrounds then Tivoli is worth a look in. There’s a place called Christiana that people go to buy and smoke spliff legally (or just nobody cares). Other than that it’s a nice places for a mooch. I hope you like fish!
roshambo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2019, 11:01:10 AM »

dont bother with the Carlseburg museum was v poor
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2019, 10:25:17 PM »

It’s mega expensive so take lots of cash, Nyhaven is nice for a stroll and a few drinks. The mermaid is a bit of a let down, if you like old fashioned fairgrounds then Tivoli is worth a look in. There’s a place called Christiana that people go to buy and smoke spliff legally (or just nobody cares). Other than that it’s a nice places for a mooch. I hope you like fish!

Everyone I've spoken to has commented on the cost. £8 a pint I'm hearing!
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2019, 10:26:47 PM »

Everyone I've spoken to has commented on the cost. £8 a pint I'm hearing!

Yup, probably in that range......
bunnydas8888

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2019, 11:32:07 PM »

Haven't been for a couple years but basically what woodsey says.  It is fairly expensive, but not too dissimilar to london.

Theres a street that has a load of shops and little cafe's with decent food, can't remember the name of it, but has a little train ferrying people from one end to the other and always has the harri Krishna's going up and down it as well.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2019, 04:35:37 PM »

Was fantastic, highly recommend the city to anyone. Pints (or 0.5L) ranged from 20kr to 70kr (£2.50 to £8.50). Wild.
Marty719

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2019, 05:07:59 PM »

Went for the Ireland game last November.  Actual game was moved to Aarhus, which is definitely not worth a visit, but Copenhagan itself was incredible.  Somehow had more Irish bars that anywhere I've ever been.  Some relatively cheap nightlife near the train station.  Some of the bars were wildly expensive, but definitely value to be had if you go looking.  Loved Tivoli and would highly recommend.  The walk to the little mermaid is LONG, but a few nice bars with outdoor fires to stop at and warm up.  You're probably a bit early for the Christmas market, but there were dozens last November, which served great food.  Make sure to drink some Glogg while you are there for a winter warmer!
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2019, 07:23:57 PM »

Went for the Ireland game last November.  Actual game was moved to Aarhus, which is definitely not worth a visit, but Copenhagan itself was incredible.  Somehow had more Irish bars that anywhere I've ever been.  Some relatively cheap nightlife near the train station.  Some of the bars were wildly expensive, but definitely value to be had if you go looking.  Loved Tivoli and would highly recommend.  The walk to the little mermaid is LONG, but a few nice bars with outdoor fires to stop at and warm up.  You're probably a bit early for the Christmas market, but there were dozens last November, which served great food.  Make sure to drink some Glogg while you are there for a winter warmer!

It was actually an "Irish" bar that we camped in before the UFC on the Saturday, 20kr a beer. Sami Hyppia strolled in to watch the Liverpool game and my mate hugely fanboyed before building the courage to approach him for a picture, which then set off a stream of photo requests. Sami must have been fuming. He was seemingly very sound and was off to the UFC too.

We stayed near train station and as you said it was ok prices there too. People smoking in bars was very weird.

We cycled a lot, including down to the Little Mermaid which was fairly unspectacular. Hired the electric scooter things a couple of times, I've never been good at balancing and went flying once. Shrugged off the shoulder pain all weekend (aided by beer) but had to visit doctor today. Dangerous things them!!

Such a pretty place to look at it, and I don't tend to appreciate pretty stuff like buildings etc. Food was very decent and with some leftover change snuck in a tattoo and an escape room on the last day.
bunnydas8888

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2019, 10:18:22 PM »

I'm fairly biased as my mum is Danish and I've been to Denmark (& Copenhagen) more times than I can count. But have to agree with what you've said, such a great city & chilled out place to be, great food, great drink, just look around and find the places that aren't tourists traps charging extortionate prices!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: