blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:36:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272538 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  When does perfect play become cheating?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: When does perfect play become cheating?  (Read 18821 times)
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2019, 10:40:48 AM »

I’m nearly over it 30 years later 😄

I saw him , real name Steve Austin , a couple of weeks ago at a
Charity golf day at Chilwell .

He acknowledged everyone at our table after we had played , except me .

Complete low life , hasn’t aged well at least .

He must look older than Tikay .

was he a "stone cold" cheat? Smiley

Had to google that just in case I was missing something , very good !

Afraid I am not into WWE , thank god  Grin. Saw that clip of Fury hamming it up ,
cannot believe adults love watching them mock fighting.
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2019, 10:49:05 AM »

So what's everyone's thoughts on the outcome for Postle ?

Heard he has took a vacation abroad.

Think Stones are more in trouble , financially , by facilitating the whole thing.

Postle  , guess is he will declare himself bankrupt .

Be interesting if it gets to a criminal trial instead of a civil one and he does a plea
bargain and spills the beans on his accomplice.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2019, 11:00:59 AM »

So what's everyone's thoughts on the outcome for Postle ?

Heard he has took a vacation abroad.

Think Stones are more in trouble , financially , by facilitating the whole thing.

Postle  , guess is he will declare himself bankrupt .

Be interesting if it gets to a criminal trial instead of a civil one and he does a plea
bargain and spills the beans on his accomplice.

It's going to be awful for Stones, for sure.

Postle? No idea. When he is being - rightly, it must be said - battered on all sides across social-media & even TV, I worry a little for him. It's bullying & it's not nice to observe, & it must be pretty terrible for him to endure. Does he deserve it? Of course he does. If he self-harmed in some way though, well, I hope nobody wants to see that.

If he cheated, he deserves to have the book thrown at him, but he must be going through hell right now, & it's not a pretty sight.

Send him to prison for a few years, I'm cool with that, make him bankrupt, yeah, that too. But what he is going through right now is a bit too much imo, even if he is a dirty rotten cheat.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2019, 11:02:54 AM »

Can't believe I wrote that.

Think I might have to go dark for a few days. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2019, 11:07:01 AM »

How much money do we think he's had and over what period.

I assume it isn't sitting in an online account somewhere so what could he have done with it?

The older I get, the better I was.
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2019, 11:07:31 AM »

I have no sympathy whatsoever for whatever happens to him.

He was so smug in those videos , laughing and being cocky while
stealing and cheating people out of a lot of money.

Total scum , deserves everything he gets.
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2019, 11:08:37 AM »

I assume it isn't sitting in an online account somewhere so what could he have done with it?

I saw over $300,000 was quoted on one of Doug Polk's video's on You Tube
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2019, 11:10:23 AM »

I saw over $300,000 was quoted on one of Doug Polk's video's on You Tube

Meh! I thought it was a lot.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2019, 11:29:09 AM »

I don't disagree Jim, but I really don't like to see online lynch mobs.

He's a cheat, a poker cheat. Hardly the first to do that though, is he? Cheating, in various forms, is endemic to poker. What he allegedly did was very unusual indeed, that's why there's all the hoohah. Plenty of cheating in poker goes on day to day though, angle-shooting, collusion, ghosting, scamming, multi-accounting & so on, we all know that & we all shrug our shoulders. This is just a novel form of cheating, & whilst most of us - me certainly included - got quite excited by the whole spectacle, I think there should be a limit to the bullying & intimidation we are seeing.   

bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2019, 11:34:47 AM »

Novel form of cheating ...... give me a break. Sounds like you almost admire his ingenuity.

Not sure how you expect people to react when they have been cheated out of a lot of money.

Not seen the 2 plus 2 thread , only joey ingrahm and polk you tube stuff and thought it was
very good.

Matt Berky comes across excellent in the stuff I have seen him do , very articulate.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2019, 11:44:18 AM »

Novel form of cheating ...... give me a break. Sounds like you almost admire his ingenuity.

Not sure how you expect people to react when they have been cheated out of a lot of money.

Not seen the 2 plus 2 thread , only joey ingrahm and polk you tube stuff and thought it was
very good.

Matt Berky comes across excellent in the stuff I have seen him do , very articulate.

I don't admire him one bit, I despise all poker cheats Jim & you know that, but it IS a novel form of cheating, or at the very least, quite unusual.

The 2 + 2 thread has a whopping 7,000+ posts on it, & I've read most of them. I watched & enjoyed most of the earlier Joey Ingram, Douk Polk & Matt Berky stuff, & I found it highly amusing & definitely fascinating at times. Not just because he did what he did, but the fact he somehow got away with it for so long. It's a great, great story about human nature.

But it's gone a bit too far now, Joey & Doug are milking it for subscribers rather than revealing new stuff.

He's a cheat, punish him, banish him, ban him, but don't drive the bloke over the edge.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2019, 11:44:45 AM »

I don't disagree Jim, but I really don't like to see online lynch mobs.

He's a cheat, a poker cheat. Hardly the first to do that though, is he? Cheating, in various forms, is endemic to poker. What he allegedly did was very unusual indeed, that's why there's all the hoohah. Plenty of cheating in poker goes on day to day though, angle-shooting, collusion, ghosting, scamming, multi-accounting & so on, we all know that & we all shrug our shoulders. This is just a novel form of cheating, & whilst most of us - me certainly included - got quite excited by the whole spectacle, I think there should be a limit to the bullying & intimidation we are seeing.   

I often take the side against the lynch mob, but that is usually where someone has made some cock up that is blown out of all proportion (eg the likes of Danny Baker and Justine Sacco).  

I struggle a bit here, as he seems to have deliberately stolen a quarter of a million, and most of the comments reflect that.  I haven't read all 284 pages of two plus two, but can't remember many massively over the top comments there or here.  I feel a bit more sorry for someone like WIll Kassouf, who has probably suffered disproportinately from a drunken indiscretion.  Sure he deservesd criticism, but that incident is going to pop up on internet searches for years to come and he was more than punished enough by losing his sponsorship.  

On the lots of other people cheat, but can't say I have ever shrugged my shoulders at it.  I think they should be all dealt with appropriately, whether it is a slap on the wrist or complete ban.  You can't really stop playing because you suspect some people cheat in the game, but that isn't really condong it or indicating I am happy with it.  

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2019, 11:49:42 AM »

"...he seems to have deliberately stolen a quarter of a million,.."

Yup, but folks steal huge sums of money all the time, be it bank robberies, insider trading, general scams, & they don't get subjected to this level of vitriol. It's too much, imo. 

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2019, 11:58:50 AM »

And just imagine having just ONE prominent poker player taking your side - & it's Mike Matusow. That's surely the ultimate burn?

Wink

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2019, 12:04:34 PM »

Is cheating for £250000 a different crime than cheating for £25?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: