blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:31:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272480 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  APAT Team Championship Dusk Till Dawn 1/2 February 2020 Blonde Team?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: APAT Team Championship Dusk Till Dawn 1/2 February 2020 Blonde Team?  (Read 14958 times)
AlbusFawkes

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2019, 01:56:04 PM »

Don't forget about the shirts.
I will require an XL for the event
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2019, 11:49:54 AM »

been researching travel since its no longer possible to fly direct into EMA from aberdeen or inverness and it looking very likely i wont be able to make it. the train would mean me leaving first thing on a friday and arriving late home on a monday with 3 nights in a hotel i need to find somewhere less time consuming and expensive in comparison to what i am playing for to make it back onto the felt

looks like i am looking for somewhere round manchester leeds birmingham or luton to play

Can you fly to Tees Valley? There are decent deals on trains from Darlington to Nottingham. I would be pleased to move you from airport to rail station.
If I get to play I’d just drive you there and back.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2019, 02:26:04 PM »

been researching travel since its no longer possible to fly direct into EMA from aberdeen or inverness and it looking very likely i wont be able to make it. the train would mean me leaving first thing on a friday and arriving late home on a monday with 3 nights in a hotel i need to find somewhere less time consuming and expensive in comparison to what i am playing for to make it back onto the felt

looks like i am looking for somewhere round manchester leeds birmingham or luton to play

Can you fly to Tees Valley? There are decent deals on trains from Darlington to Nottingham. I would be pleased to move you from airport to rail station.

thank you

i live 90 minutes away from Aberdeen and Inverness it makes any travel plans without a direct flight too long, and leaving early friday and arriving home late on a monday would be a long time away from home. Doubt my body would cope with that anymore.

Going to try and find somewhere i can get to and from with just the one night stay over and get a game of poker in somewhere

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
bunnydas8888

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2019, 03:02:58 PM »

thank you

i live 90 minutes away from Aberdeen and Inverness it makes any travel plans without a direct flight too long, and leaving early friday and arriving home late on a monday would be a long time away from home. Doubt my body would cope with that anymore.

Going to try and find somewhere i can get to and from with just the one night stay over and get a game of poker in somewhere

Direct flights from aberdeen to luton, Luton G a short taxi ride away. Not sure when the next decent tournament/festival is on though
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2019, 04:13:56 PM »

thank you

Direct flights from aberdeen to luton, Luton G a short taxi ride away. Not sure when the next decent tournament/festival is on though

yeah used to do that trip even had a manager fix my punctured tire while i played a PLO comp there one night, decent for me means fun with fun people around me rather than serious grinding  nowadays

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2019, 05:22:44 PM »

thank you

APAT will almost certainly be in Edinburgh at some stage this year...

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
bunnydas8888

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2019, 06:32:57 PM »

thank you

yeah used to do that trip even had a manager fix my punctured tire while i played a PLO comp there one night, decent for me means fun with fun people around me rather than serious grinding  nowadays

That's fair enough, pretty sure there's still quite a few on here that play there semi regularly at least. Sure if you put a flag up, you'd be able to get a decent weekend sorted. Couldn't comment on what the poker would be like though lol
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2019, 06:42:33 PM »

thank you

APAT will almost certainly be in Edinburgh at some stage this year...

yeah edinburgh is handy due to being able to drive or train it in 4-5 hours but luton birmingham etc with direct flights are actually a little quicker but the direct flight times can get in way

anyway i am going to step aside for the team event to allow the team to prepare properly with shorts etc ad wish you all the best of luck and looking forward to some updates

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2019, 06:43:18 PM »

thank you

That's fair enough, pretty sure there's still quite a few on here that play there semi regularly at least. Sure if you put a flag up, you'd be able to get a decent weekend sorted. Couldn't comment on what the poker would be like though lol

poker is the same all over the place everyone is terrible compared to me

RedFox

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2019, 03:51:50 PM »

Hi Chief

There is an early morning flight (9ish) from Aberdeen to Brum - Im not sure of the APAT tourney timings but f you could do that I will pick you up from airport drop you at your chosen hotel/lodgings and then onto DTD for around 12.30/1 ish.

Im afraid I couldnt do the return on Monday but there is a good train service to Birmingham which should suit the flights back?

Any good?

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2019, 06:19:28 PM »

Hi Chief

There is an early morning flight (9ish) from Aberdeen to Brum - Im not sure of the APAT tourney timings but f you could do that I will pick you up from airport drop you at your chosen hotel/lodgings and then onto DTD for around 12.30/1 ish.

Im afraid I couldnt do the return on Monday but there is a good train service to Birmingham which should suit the flights back?

Any good?

thanks for the offer boss, but i struggle to get into a car unless its drivers seat of a 3 door car. I did look at that flight and getting a train through but it would mean me leaving house at 5.30 to get to airport for 7am (they want wheelchair users there 2 hours before flight) which would mean waking up at 4am just makes its too long a day ( i am getting old)

RedFox

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2019, 07:55:28 PM »

Hi Chief

Any good?

thanks for the offer boss, but i struggle to get into a car unless its drivers seat of a 3 door car. I did look at that flight and getting a train through but it would mean me leaving house at 5.30 to get to airport for 7am (they want wheelchair users there 2 hours before flight) which would mean waking up at 4am just makes its too long a day ( i am getting old)

Ah ok 2 hours seems a trifle long time to be there before the flight.

Also Ive got an old volvo suv which is fairly high up off the ground so maybe another hurdle.

I appreciate the long day bit though (Im a bit older)  Wink

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2019, 09:32:58 PM »

Hi Chief

Any good?

Ah ok 2 hours seems a trifle long time to be there before the flight.

Also Ive got an old volvo suv which is fairly high up off the ground so maybe another hurdle.

I appreciate the long day bit though (Im MUCH older)  Wink

fixed your post :-)

yeah 2 hours of sitting around while they sort out the ambulift when they already know i am coming as i have to phone and tell them

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2019, 08:56:40 AM »

Updated schedule and information here https://www.apat.com/forum/index.php/topic,21091.msg261065/boardseen.html#new

Overview of Events (details of stack/clock etc can be found further down in this post...)

Fri 31st Jan:
19:30 DTD APAT Bounty Event (NLHE) Side Event, £25+£25+£5 - £10,000 Gtd

Sat 1st Feb:
14:00 Championship Event:  DTD APAT UK Team Championship (NLHE) (Day 1), £75+£15 - £21,000 prize fund
18:00 DTD APAT NLHE Side Event, £33+£7 - £7,500 + 10 x PPLive GPUK Seats Gtd

Sun 2nd Feb:
13:00 Championship Event:  DTD APAT UK Team Championship (Day 2)
14:00 DTD APAT NLHE Side Event, £33+£7 - £7,500 + 10 x PPLive GPUK Seats Gtd
17:00 DTD APAT Round of Each (NLHE/PLO) Side Event, £33+£7 - £3,000 Gtd
23:30 54th NFL Super Bowl from Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, Florida shown LIVE IN DTD

ALL Side Events are open to ANY poker player, whether playing in the Championship Event or not.

Teams wear their own matching colour team shirts for both days of the event - if desired, team shirts are available via APAT at a subsidised cost of £15 per shirt (reduced from £18) and have the APAT logo and UK Team Championship 2020 event details.  Additional wording, team logos etc may be added (for an additional cost).  To order send a PM to myself via HERE or via Facebook Messenger HERE.  Shirts ordered via APAT will be available from the Friday night in DTD.

UK TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP, 1ST-2ND FEB 2020

The UK Team Championship will take place at the home of UK poker, Dusk Till Dawn (DTD) on Saturday 1st Feb/Sunday 2nd Feb 2020.

We look forward to hosting all those playing over the weekend, with a full schedule of side events, and we will be providing a full player tracking and ongoing team score updating service throughout the Main Event, and a live update/blog with pictures via the APAT Website/Forum.

The table draw/seating plan will be available via the APAT Forum from 9pm on Sunday 12th January.

Venue:

Dusk Till Dawn, Boulevard Retail Park, Redfield Way, Lenton, NG7 2UW
Tele:  0115 8454300
Web: HERE

All players must be a member of DTD, and hold an active Party Poker Live online poker account, both of which are free - photo ID in the form of a passport or driving licence is needed to confirm membership at DTD.  If you already have an active membership of DTD then you need to bring your membership card to use at the reception desk to gain entry each day.  If not a member of DTD, or you are unsure as to having an 'active membership', then you should ensure you bring either your passport or your driving licence as failure to turn up with either will mean you will not be allowed to enter the venue.

Free parking is available at DTD.

DTD will be open as follows:

Fri 31st - from 7pm
Sat 1st - from 12 noon
Sun 2nd - from 12 noon

Ill PM all team members once I know the details of how to register for the event and get T shirt sizes etc

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
AlbusFawkes

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2019, 07:39:04 PM »

Have booked Travelodge Riverside Fri - Sun.
As Friday is 31st is probably my busiest day of year, I probably wont make it for the Friday night bounty comp, but will be in DTD at some stage late on Friday.
Look forward to seeing/meeting you there
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: