blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:02:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  What sport or single sporting event are you missing or likely to miss the most?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What sport or single sporting event are you missing or likely to miss the most?  (Read 3300 times)
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2020, 08:40:33 PM »

Greyhound racing.  There is absolutely no reason why this couldn't keep going behind closed doors.   There would be less than 50 people at the track.  Social distancing isn't remotely a problem.  No human would have to go without 2 metres of each other throughout the entire meeting.   No jockeys racing like on the horses. 

Likewise we could start the Cricket County Championship in April, with the usual 2 men and their dog in the crowd.

One day field spread out. (Obviously no standing up for the wicketkeeper  Cheesy)

Non striking batsman runs on the next strip. Umpires stand back from the wicket, as bowlers bowl from an angle.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2020, 10:58:24 PM »

Greyhound racing.  There is absolutely no reason why this couldn't keep going behind closed doors.   There would be less than 50 people at the track.  Social distancing isn't remotely a problem.  No human would have to go without 2 metres of each other throughout the entire meeting.   No jockeys racing like on the horses. 

Likewise we could start the Cricket County Championship in April, with the usual 2 men and their dog in the crowd.

One day field spread out. (Obviously no standing up for the wicketkeeper  Cheesy)

Non striking batsman runs on the next strip. Umpires stand back from the wicket, as bowlers bowl from an angle.

Tennis, most of the time the players are at the back of the court and as far from each other as is possible. Put the line judges and umpire in the stands.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2020, 11:13:41 PM »

dancing

or to me more specific Lap dancing

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2020, 09:55:11 AM »

Posh winning the play-off final and the WSOP.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2020, 12:09:53 PM »

Snooker.
The only sport I can talk about on here with a modicum of authority.

Living in Sheffield I will certainly miss the annual 'walk through the winter gardens in town and seeing John Parrot' I do every year when the world championships are on
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2020, 12:50:11 PM »

Cricket
Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2020, 04:58:38 PM »

Echoing a few people above:

- Masters
- Snooker Worlds
- Park Run

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2020, 04:59:30 PM »

This is a biggy for me, have resorted to playing Greyhound Manager 2 for my fix.

Love this. Never actually played it, but have put some time into Stable Masters / Starters Orders over the years.

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2020, 10:29:06 PM »

totally missed the Golf skins game live on Sky (just turned it on now on the 15th)
didn't see it promoted anywhere as not had any of the sky sports channels on

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: