blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:25:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Lifted.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lifted.  (Read 7441 times)
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2020, 06:27:15 PM »

The vast majority of people in regular £25k-30k a year jobs under PAYE must be better off with this lockdown given they are effectively being paid by the government to sit and home and relax.   It's tough to spend money.  No petrol needed.  No eating out/drinking/gyms etc etc.   I am saving a fortune.

This. I'm not sat at home on my arse, I'm working from home as I am a key worker who can do so. But either way I'm saving chunks because I'm just not spending.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2020, 06:35:38 PM »

Lockdown is great. Pizzled or the sicilian can't come over and visit me. Long may it continue!

LMAO

lockdown is great Celtic cant win the league

And Aberdeen can't survive.

Careful what you wish for.

Aberdeen and a few otehr teams will goto the wall
Scottish league will be revamped after this
its been unsustainable for years totally reliant on 4 gates a year against the old firm

This is untrue.

Aberdeen survived without Rangers games. And the attendances against Celtic haven't been great.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2020, 06:36:56 PM »

Straight to Vegas and straight on the source.

Might try me some proper online poker arb. Had enough of goofing around in Omaha tournaments. Full of pot-button-clicking Ruskie rofflers.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2020, 06:59:05 PM »

Straight to Vegas and straight on the source.

Might try me some proper online poker arb. Had enough of goofing around in Omaha tournaments. Full of pot-button-clicking Ruskie rofflers.

Hope we're not on lockdown until December Cheesy

I've been donating a bit online, but I'm one of the rofflers, so can't really speak to how bad everyone else is.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2020, 09:18:25 PM »

Wishful thinking at the moment, but the UK lockdown will eventually be lifted

Where is the first place you are going for a hobby/activity/trip or location you are travelling to?

Our living room - for the TV
Or our library - for a book

If you're only counting places that we can't go to during the lockdown, I don't know, work probably.

I'm not too keen on the outside in general so lockdown hasn't been too much of a struggle really Smiley

You have a library?

Don't think I've ever been in a house that had a library.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2020, 09:53:30 PM »

Where is the first place you are going for a hobby/activity/trip or location you are travelling to?

If you're only counting places that we can't go to during the lockdown, I don't know, work probably.

I'm not too keen on the outside in general so lockdown hasn't been too much of a struggle really Smiley

You have a library?

i have a library or should i say a tablet 1000s of books there

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2020, 10:51:22 PM »

You have a library?

At the moment 426 books. We've got a 3 bedroom house, one of the room's is obviously the cat's room - just left me to argue that I needed a library more than my wife needed a craft room Cheesy

We were meant to be adding more shelving this Easter so I don't have to double layer some of the existing ones and it would give room for more books, but extra expenses from the lockdown means we're going to delay that until at least the summer.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2020, 11:24:06 PM »

Looking forward to a few beers and a curry with Mr Hopkin.

I've missed walking to the pub with the dog on a Friday/Saturday night especially now the weather's nice.

Also dog school on a Tuesday evening and dog walks with friends.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2020, 12:34:34 AM »

Same, not been overly bothered really. Staring at a screen for long periods for work purposes has been the harder bit......

Not a huge faactor for me.   Missing my two/three hours a day at the gym/swimming/sauna etc and getting out to play some live cash at the weekend and a few pints and eatiing out but apart from that the main day to day routine isn't much different.   Just substituted the dogs on bf for online poker.   Never thought i would see the day where i was playing 40+ hours a week of online poker.   If you asked me this time 2 years ago i would have thought you were mad.   Actually quite enjoying it.   Nice to have the games as soft as 2005 again online.

Is that last statement really true?  Shocked

Can only go on my experience from the last month or so.   Can't believe how many notes i am making on people simply putting 'totally clueless mug'  Give it a spiin for yourself.   Online poker numbers are through the roof because there is nothing else to bet on and all these additional people haven't suddenly become poker geniuses

Not played seriously online for years. Thought it would only be pros/decent players left. If they giving it away might have to actually play some hands
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2020, 12:37:49 AM »

Walking in the woods/downs a couple of miles away. Currently would have to drive and park up so cant do atm
Getting dragged to the nets for cricket with my Son

Slightly more planning - trip to the states
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2020, 07:23:27 AM »

Pretty f**king soft but I'll settle for giving my mum a hug.

This, my Mum lives round the corner and I reckon I will just leg it over there if we are lucky enough to all be in good health when it gets announced.

After that, a decent coffee somewhere.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2020, 09:08:25 AM »

Looking forward to a few beers and a curry with Mr Hopkin.

I've missed walking to the pub with the dog on a Friday/Saturday night especially now the weather's nice.

Also dog school on a Tuesday evening and dog walks with friends.

And Strippers.

FYP

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2020, 10:14:41 AM »

Getting back to the Northumberland Coastline

Click to see full-size image.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2020, 05:40:05 PM »

Same, not been overly bothered really. Staring at a screen for long periods for work purposes has been the harder bit......

Not a huge faactor for me.   Missing my two/three hours a day at the gym/swimming/sauna etc and getting out to play some live cash at the weekend and a few pints and eatiing out but apart from that the main day to day routine isn't much different.   Just substituted the dogs on bf for online poker.   Never thought i would see the day where i was playing 40+ hours a week of online poker.   If you asked me this time 2 years ago i would have thought you were mad.   Actually quite enjoying it.   Nice to have the games as soft as 2005 again online.

Can only go on my experience from the last month or so.   Can't believe how many notes i am making on people simply putting 'totally clueless mug'  Give it a spiin for yourself.   Online poker numbers are through the roof because there is nothing else to bet on and all these additional people haven't suddenly become poker geniuses

Not played seriously online for years. Thought it would only be pros/decent players left. If they giving it away might have to actually play some hands

Thanks to this massive influx of fish I'm a break-even player again.

The older I get, the better I was.
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2020, 08:04:25 PM »

Thanks to this massive influx of fish I'm a break-even player again.
Call

Cymru am byth
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: