blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:31:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Independence day?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Independence day?  (Read 3222 times)
bunnydas8888

View Profile
« on: June 27, 2020, 03:39:59 PM »

How many of you are counting down the days waiting for that 1st pint? A haircut? Or getting away for a staycation?

Or are you not overly bothered, would rather wait a bit longer or for when restrictions are relaxed further as it wouldn't be the experience you are after?
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 04:42:52 PM »

not overly bothered, would rather wait a bit longer or for when restrictions are relaxed further as it wouldn't be the experience you are after?

This.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 04:43:48 PM »

Plus, I cut my own hair and I don't drink.

The older I get, the better I was.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2020, 05:15:04 PM »

I don't go to the pub regularly anyway although I'm planning on being out on Wednesday 7th for a few beers and curry with Stu.

Something that's been bothering me slightly:

The pub closures were announced on a Friday if I remember correctly with closure at mid-night that same day. A lot of people made the most of it that day and were drinking literally 'til they got kicked out and many people berated them saying that they were disgusting/irresponsible.

Is it equally as bad for people to be waiting outside next Saturday for the pubs to open? I can;t imagine the same degree of moaning although it doesn't seem very different to me.

Oh and I cut my own hair too......

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2020, 05:20:27 PM »

I'm itching to get to the barber, so I can get my beard sorted out, as I'm looking like Hanks at the moment!

Same as Matt, don't go to the pub.

Old dear has been 0.5ing my hair until I can get to the barbers for a hot towel job.

Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2020, 05:29:04 PM »

The fact that these relaxations take place on a Saturday is just abject stupidity surely? When the pictures Bournemouth beach style appear of pubs I don't think anyone will be surprised.

Blue text
Ledders

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2020, 05:39:49 PM »

The pub closures were announced on a Friday if I remember correctly with closure at mid-night that same day. A lot of people made the most of it that day and were drinking literally 'til they got kicked out and many people berated them saying that they were disgusting/irresponsible.

Is it equally as bad for people to be waiting outside next Saturday for the pubs to open? I can;t imagine the same degree of moaning although it doesn't seem very different to me.

On the Friday Boris said to venues to close as soon as reasonably possible that day. As could be predicted by trusting common sense they were all rammed until closing.

Re-opening on a Saturday is asking for trouble but most businesses will have to go along with it and open. I'm sure there will be queues outside pubs that morning for any outside tables and social distancing will be out the window by mid afternoon.

bunnydas8888

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2020, 06:14:06 PM »

On the Friday Boris said to venues to close as soon as reasonably possible that day. As could be predicted by trusting common sense they were all rammed until closing.

Re-opening on a Saturday is asking for trouble but most businesses will have to go along with it and open. I'm sure there will be queues outside pubs that morning for any outside tables and social distancing will be out the window by mid afternoon.

If you read the guidance & some of the lines that the big companies are taking, popping to the pub for a couple pints looks like it will be a challenge.   I guess it depends on how stringent each pub is about it all
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2020, 11:02:51 PM »

Just booked a table for Saturday night. Can't wait.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
apezmonkeyz

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2020, 08:41:59 AM »

Im usually a grade 1 all over, but at the moment my hair is long and irritating me, i normally go to a restaurant every weekend, but I've been staying in. So these changes are great for me, however i wont be taking advantage of any of these things for a couple of weeks. Not because of cv19 as i will have my mask and i distance as much as possible. Simply because of the sheer number of idiots who will be out. Bars and restaurants full of fools and barbers packed to the brim because they wont want to turn business away. I see all the posts about people in this country and USA acting like idiots and I seriously wonder where they all come from. 2 more weeks of BBQ and looking like a bald man with a comb over.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2020, 09:26:42 AM »

Surely the pubs and restaurants will not just go back to business as usual.

Won't they be similar to supermarkets allowing a small number of people in at a time, or will all that queueing be over now?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
bunnydas8888

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2020, 09:57:33 AM »

Surely the pubs and restaurants will not just go back to business as usual.

Won't they be similar to supermarkets allowing a small number of people in at a time, or will all that queueing be over now?

Absolutely this.

Pubs will be limiting numbers within the venue, majority of tables should be pre booked. Maximum of 6 people at a table, some are limiting a table to a max of 2 hours.

Ideally everything ordered via an app, if not it should be table service.  People should not go up to the bar to order & should not stand around anywhere inside
Ledders

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2020, 11:34:42 AM »

I anticipate there will be spillover into streets like football pubs do on matchdays at many pubs.

Pubs switching to full table service on first re-opening, I wouldn't be going to one for a good dining experience for a few days at least!
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2020, 12:15:16 PM »

I wasn't too sure about going on the first Saturday but my local seems to be taking a very responsible and I'll be there to support them. (Seriously it's all for them.....)

They've put the following measures in place:

- We will be stepping up our sanitising hand washing & cleaning regime

- All staff will be wearing appropriate PPE: face masks/ visors & gloves

- all condiments will be in sachets for single use & disposable

- a one way system will be in place with designated entrance and exit doors (Entrance will be via the doors opposite co-op)

- We will have a member of management on the door all day every day.

- we are temperature checking every staff member before shift & all customers on arrival

- all tables will be spaced a minimum of 1m apart or split by a standing screen (luckily we are fortunate enough to have plenty of space to spread out)

- our wollaton app will be in place for all orders to be placed & food/drink will be delivered to the table by a staff member (we will have disposable menus available for anyone who doesn’t wish to use the ap)

- Perspex screens are being fitted at the bar to separate customers from bar staff

- We will be running a reduced food menu to allow a smaller kitchen team to allow a safe social distance working environment

- No standing will be permitted (everyone must be sat at tables) & no congregating at the bar will be allowed

It'll be quite different but if it's implemented and followed then it seems safe and also tolerable to me. Guess it comes down to how many twats descend on the place without booking......

bunnydas8888

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2020, 12:24:46 PM »

I wasn't too sure about going on the first Saturday but my local seems to be taking a very responsible and I'll be there to support them. (Seriously it's all for them.....)

They've put the following measures in place:

- We will be stepping up our sanitising hand washing & cleaning regime

- All staff will be wearing appropriate PPE: face masks/ visors & gloves

- all condiments will be in sachets for single use & disposable

- a one way system will be in place with designated entrance and exit doors (Entrance will be via the doors opposite co-op)

- We will have a member of management on the door all day every day.

- we are temperature checking every staff member before shift & all customers on arrival

- all tables will be spaced a minimum of 1m apart or split by a standing screen (luckily we are fortunate enough to have plenty of space to spread out)

- our wollaton app will be in place for all orders to be placed & food/drink will be delivered to the table by a staff member (we will have disposable menus available for anyone who doesn’t wish to use the ap)

- Perspex screens are being fitted at the bar to separate customers from bar staff

- We will be running a reduced food menu to allow a smaller kitchen team to allow a safe social distance working environment

- No standing will be permitted (everyone must be sat at tables) & no congregating at the bar will be allowed

It'll be quite different but if it's implemented and followed then it seems safe and also tolerable to me. Guess it comes down to how many twats descend on the place without booking......

Sounds pretty standard for the pubs near me as well.

I'd expect them keep some tables aside for walk ins.  I'd be more worried of the twats who see mates inside & suddenly go over for a talk/catch up. Or even try to get tables together etc...could be hard for the staff to police
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: