blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:03:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Online Verification Poker
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Online Verification Poker  (Read 3955 times)
mikeymike2

View Profile
« on: August 15, 2020, 04:25:38 PM »

I have had and played and withdrawn money from both Grosvenor and BetFred, have not been on these sites for a few years as the poker volume was always low

But I had forgotten that I had left funds on both only small amounts so i decided to fire them both up only to be told i needed to verify with certain documents - I informed them both that I could not be bothered and could they close the accounts and donate the funds to charity,

Answer:we can not close your account until it has been verified - am I missing something

Also where have all the poker players gone hardly any poker discussions on Blonde anymore and nobody offering or buying staking has the player pool just left
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2020, 05:00:40 PM »

Account verification is fairly simple if you have the required documents. I am not aware of the need to verify an account before agreeing to close it. If anything, it will be closed if you refuse to verify it.

I do not think a poker site would ever actually go ahead and donate a players money to charity (in this type of circumstance)

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
mikeymike2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2020, 05:24:59 PM »

I can confirm that you are 100% incorrect, neither account will be closed unless I verify it, this maybe because I still have funds on both accounts.

What I find strange is that one of these accounts I have made several 4 figure withdrawals without a problem so whats changed in the last couple of years.

Also when speaking to the rep they agree that I am who I say I am because i know the passwords and other pertinent questions, they just say they need the docs - and I really cant be bothered -

You are correct that that would not donate my funds to charity they by law have to pay them back to me what a shame
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2020, 05:31:31 PM »

A lot has changed in the last couple of years, which is why you now need to verify the acount.

GL.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2020, 05:34:21 PM »

I have had and played and withdrawn money from both Grosvenor and BetFred, have not been on these sites for a few years as the poker volume was always low

But I had forgotten that I had left funds on both only small amounts so i decided to fire them both up only to be told i needed to verify with certain documents - I informed them both that I could not be bothered and could they close the accounts and donate the funds to charity,

Answer:we can not close your account until it has been verified - am I missing something

Also where have all the poker players gone hardly any poker discussions on Blonde anymore and nobody offering or buying staking has the player pool just left

Without verification, why couldn't I tell them to donate someone else's money to charity?

The older I get, the better I was.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2020, 06:20:48 PM »

I can confirm that you are 100% incorrect, neither account will be closed unless I verify it, this maybe because I still have funds on both accounts.

What I find strange is that one of these accounts I have made several 4 figure withdrawals without a problem so whats changed in the last couple of years.

Also when speaking to the rep they agree that I am who I say I am because i know the passwords and other pertinent questions, they just say they need the docs - and I really cant be bothered -

You are correct that that would not donate my funds to charity they by law have to pay them back to me what a shame

Do you mean deleted or closed?

There is no way they will not close account if you refuse to verify. In fact, they have to close it if you don't verify it.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2020, 06:23:59 PM »

Things have changed in the last couple of years, even the lockdown has tightened things up a lot. The bit about them having to pay you back by law is incorrect too, if that was the case they wouldn't ask for docs in the first place.

By the time you have replied to another post on this thread, you could have verified your account.

mikeymike2

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2020, 06:35:46 PM »

RedDog - Your a bad troll - perhaps its people like you which has driven lots of blondes away

You do not have my passwords - mobile and secruity phrase so you would look an idiot trying too

Celtic - Grosvenor will not close my account unless it is verified the Rep Wendy is very adamant on this it will just become a dormant account which I can activate at anytime. If you work for Grosvenor I am sure you could ask Wendy why this is and that she who is employed by them is wrong

Also I have in the last week made withdrawals from the 2 biggest poker sites neither have asked for verification and the monies have hit my account I continue to play on them without issue

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2020, 06:48:09 PM »

I dont work for Grosvenor Mikey.

There does seem to be some contradiction here though and some misuse of the word 'close'

If your account is lying dormant and you cannot use it then it is closed. So I don't know why you want them to close it.

Regardless, verify the accounts then you can give the money to charity, as they are the only ones missing out by your can't be bothered to verify attitude.

With regards to the other 2 sites, there are too many reasons to go into here as to why you have not been asked to verify your account yet. It will come though. Be prepared.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2020, 06:50:00 PM »

RedDog - Your a bad troll - perhaps its people like you which has driven lots of blondes away

You do not have my passwords - mobile and secruity phrase so you would look an idiot trying too

Celtic - Grosvenor will not close my account unless it is verified the Rep Wendy is very adamant on this it will just become a dormant account which I can activate at anytime. If you work for Grosvenor I am sure you could ask Wendy why this is and that she who is employed by them is wrong

Also I have in the last week made withdrawals from the 2 biggest poker sites neither have asked for verification and the monies have hit my account I continue to play on them without issue

I'm used to looking an idiot Mr Mike and I meant no offence

Be lucky.

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: