blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:13:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  PPV EPL
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PPV EPL  (Read 2607 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« on: October 09, 2020, 03:08:57 PM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54481945

so the 5 games not shown each week will be available at £14.95 PPV

will there be a more even distribution of games shown vrs games on PPV

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2020, 03:17:21 PM »

Haven't league clubs been doing this from the start?  I think I have seen 3 different non premier league ones selling at about £10 a game.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2020, 03:19:47 PM »

Haven't league clubs been doing this from the start?  I think I have seen 3 different non premier league ones selling at about £10 a game.

Scottish games are PPV and free to season ticket holders not sure about in Englandshire

superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2020, 03:23:40 PM »

All league clubs have the crappy iFollow streaming service for all games - at Wimbledon (and I assume others too) this is free for season ticket holders while no fans are allowed in, and £10 per game for everyone else.

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2020, 04:01:29 PM »

this could be the start of things to come with all games being broadcast when they next come up for renewal
afterall if you want to now you can watch a stream of any game you want for free

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2020, 04:02:39 PM »

Yep, that is what I thought superwomble.

Anyone who subscribes to BT Sport can watch Proud to be Town.  I enjoyed it; it was good to see "normal" people living in semis and really seeming to just love the game.  Harrogate Town's physio is a bit of a star and most of the kids were little stars too.  It is a bit unusual, as much of the filming is done by the participants on their phones because of Covid.  Just a nice way to spend 90 minutes.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2020, 04:32:32 PM »

our model is woefully outdated.

I pay a Sky subscription a BT subscription, my club took £70 up front to go into a ballot for season ticket holders (since delayed through no fault of their own, but no sign of a refund) and now £15 a game to the box office channels at least some of the time, hurting fans of the smaller PL teams unliely to be chosen as often as Liverpool and the other big sides anyway. 

this will see a huge increase in watching streams

the alternative for many being congregating in pubs or in others houses to share the cost, each of which come with increased COVID risk

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2020, 05:25:47 PM »

I pay a Sky subscription a BT subscription, my club took £70 up front to go into a ballot for season ticket holders (since delayed through no fault of their own, but no sign of a refund) and now £15 a game to the box office channels at least some of the time, hurting fans of the smaller PL teams unliely to be chosen as often as Liverpool and the other big sides anyway. 

guessing this will depend on how much the box office guys are going to get from the PPVs they might start putting the glamour games and the well supported teams on PPV rather than the main channels

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2020, 10:47:37 PM »

the alternative for many being congregating in pubs or in others houses to share the cost, each of which come with increased COVID risk

Why not just find a decent IPTV provider and get every channel on the planet including PPV for <£100pa?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2020, 11:25:24 PM »

Why not just find a decent IPTV provider and get every channel on the planet including PPV for <£100pa?
1) they are illegal
2) the majority of these illegal enterprises are run by groups money laundering and supplying drugs

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2020, 12:03:11 AM »

1) they are illegal
2) the majority of these illegal enterprises are run by groups money laundering and supplying drugs

And there was me thinking my drug-dealing and money-laundering days were behind me

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2020, 10:05:46 AM »

I know the authorities mainly go after the sellers, but now working at home full time i won't take the risk of having my wifi with strikes/blocks if i download the add-ons necessary to use kodi on an amazon firestick to stream the sport

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2020, 10:49:53 AM »

1) they are illegal

And there was me thinking my drug-dealing and money-laundering days were behind me

Which one do you use Ralph. I've used one on and off for a couple of years. Sometimes great, sometimes not so and could do with a back up. IPTV rather than drugs

sola virtus nobilitat
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2020, 12:29:43 PM »

1) they are illegal

Not sure number two is entirely accurate, but I would be more worried about my bank card details being skimmed or scammed by them

Top football never ceases to amaze me with the ways they want to rip off the fans!
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2020, 06:39:04 PM »

upstream all the iptv suppliers are in china

most people selling on Facebook buy bulk packages to resell. they are bought off companies who rent streams from chinese servers. these go for 1000s. they are then collated into a package which is sold and resold on.

your money goes to the very end of that chain.

so your details dont go further than the lad you buy off. he is reselling a resold package that has been resold many times before

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: