blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:46:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Among Us (the game)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Among Us (the game)  (Read 3014 times)
bergeroo

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2020, 11:32:14 PM »

Anyone playing this game? A bit like Mafia or Wearwolf if you know those but set in space. One person is impostor and has to sabotage and kill the crewmates and you have to find them. Great fun.

Anyone playing?

It is free on mobile/table and I think 4 quid on pc.

Most fun with friends but I have had some games with internet randoms too!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Among_Us
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2020, 09:29:02 AM »

My children play a game on Roblox that is exactly like that, they use their tablet and laptop - free on both. Must be a copy of your game. Think they found it after watching the horrendous Sis vs Bro kids playing it on their excruciating YouTube channel.

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2020, 09:54:51 AM »

My children play a game on Roblox that is exactly like that, they use their tablet and laptop - free on both. Must be a copy of your game. Think they found it after watching the horrendous Sis vs Bro kids playing it on their excruciating YouTube channel.

Ha, this is the life of my youngest.  I think she has lost her sis vs bro fixation as they are appear less frequently in my suggestions.  Problem is they have been replaced by gacha life videos which isn't a step up.  What game is the one on roblox, I will ask if she has played it. 

Somebody else recommended Among Us to me.  I spend way too much time doing shite on my PC/laptop already to take them up. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2020, 10:38:43 AM »

Just asked them. The one on Roblox is called Imposter. Kids say SvB play Among Us but that Imposter is "way better". I asked why, they said "it just is".

If gacha life is worse than SvB I think I will be smashing all TV's, computers, tablets, phones in the house if they ever find that! I didn't realise it was possible to despise two kids I've never met as much as I despise those two. Their voices, their shrieking, the stupid repeating of the same pointless words over and over just to be talking constantly.... aaaarrrrgghhh!

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2020, 10:44:16 AM »

Just asked them. The one on Roblox is called Imposter. Kids say SvB play Among Us but that Imposter is "way better". I asked why, they said "it just is".

If gacha life is worse than SvB I think I will be smashing all TV's, computers, tablets, phones in the house if they ever find that! I didn't realise it was possible to despise two kids I've never met as much as I despise those two. Their voices, their shrieking, the stupid repeating of the same pointless words over and over just to be talking constantly.... aaaarrrrgghhh!

I will check out imposter. And I am happy I don't have to watch kids TV! Smiley
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2020, 12:29:06 PM »

i have played it but was pretty clueless

Is there a good strategy guide out there?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2020, 10:08:34 PM »

The game seems to have blown up in the last few weeks. I googled and there were lots of articles posted last week. I've been the imposter 4 times but didn't win yet, so I guess I am clueless too!
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2020, 11:21:03 PM »

I have played it a tonne with lots of different groups. Brilliant game.

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/among-us-imposter-crewmate-tips-guide-emergency-meeting/

This is pretty good but best bet is to find a big streamer playing it and watch for a few games. It's simple enough but the nuance is in the human interaction. Every group you will play with will be different. Discord and friends is a must though, it's nothing without voice chat.
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2020, 08:24:57 PM »

We had a lockdown family game today with us all logged onto zoom.

Fantastic fun !
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2020, 10:38:59 AM »

The youngest has been playing imposter.  The eldest has found Among Us too, I had to take her phone off her on Saturday night (well Sunday morning) for the first time in ages, so guess it is quite addictive! 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2020, 11:13:16 AM »

Would be up for a Blonde game if anyone fancies it?
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2020, 01:23:34 PM »

What do you guys to with the voice chat/video chat. You only have it for the discussion rounds and then during the game you cut it off? And of course if you are dead you cant' speak?!?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2020, 02:29:25 PM »

Discord?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2020, 03:05:19 PM »

We did it on Zoom, worked fine. Can only talk in meetings and ghosts have no voice.

My wife's pure joy at murdering me gave herself away lol
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2020, 05:05:23 PM »

I found a regular bunch to play with each week now on Saturdays and it is my best lockdown activity. When you have been playing with people for a while you get into a whole metagame which is quite fun too. If anyone wants to join then drop me a message, we usually have 17 or 18 and split into two games. Usually Saturday at 9pm using Zoom.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: