blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:11:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272572 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Netflix Recommendations
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Netflix Recommendations  (Read 6604 times)
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2020, 11:08:17 PM »

Bit late to the party but ‘don’t fuck with cats’ blew my mind. Was hooked. Amazing watching

Fascinating fact, I live around the corner from the internet cafe in that show. Won't write anymore cus I will spoiler, weird!

I didn't like it. But can't really say why as I will also spoiler! A bunch of keyboard warriors!
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2020, 11:07:57 AM »

It's a really interesting story that I wasn't previously aware of but Don't fuck with cats is a pretty annoying documentary. One episode ends with us, the viewer, finding out something and then the entire next episode is interviews with police officers as they slowly work their way to learning what we already know.

Also, as Bergeroo said, the keyboard warriors were super annoying as well.
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2020, 04:20:42 PM »

The Kominsky Method is, if I may be bold, probably right down your street, Karabiner

I also loved Afterlife (despite significant reservations about liking anything post-Office Gervais)

I lolled regularly throughout both - and there’s the added benefit that each episode is sub-25 mins
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2020, 04:30:55 PM »

I would venture to add that actually all of the internet messageboard people that they interviewed in the show added absolutely nothing to the police investigation whatsoever! I also found the show really annoying and I hated how the story was told via these people sitting in front of their computers!

It's a really interesting story that I wasn't previously aware of but Don't fuck with cats is a pretty annoying documentary. One episode ends with us, the viewer, finding out something and then the entire next episode is interviews with police officers as they slowly work their way to learning what we already know.

Also, as Bergeroo said, the keyboard warriors were super annoying as well.
marcro

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2020, 05:34:11 PM »

The Kominsky Method is, if I may be bold, probably right down your street, Karabiner

I also loved Afterlife (despite significant reservations about liking anything post-Office Gervais)

I lolled regularly throughout both - and there’s the added benefit that each episode is sub-25 mins

+1
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2020, 07:19:46 PM »

Thank you sir - I will check that out later.

I watched the first episode of Fargo last night which didn't quite hook me.

Season's greetings.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2020, 10:38:11 PM »

Frank is back, for a short while...

Might watch the first 5 seasons of that again, and just pretend 6 didn't happen.

marcro

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2020, 11:11:53 AM »

Another good 30 minute comedy on Netflix is Norseman.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2020, 04:00:26 PM »

Kobra Kai is now coming out on January 1st, which is a nice start to 2021.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2021, 11:25:36 AM »

Season's greetings.

I realized later that for some strange reason I had started watching season#3 of Fargo.

I'm now viewing it from the beginning of the first series and quite enjoying it.

I've also discovered "Ozark" which is about a financial advisor who launders money for a cartel-boss - definitely worth a watch imo.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2021, 11:47:09 AM »

Season's greetings.

I realized later that for some strange reason I had started watching season#3 of Fargo.

I'm now viewing it from the beginning of the first series and quite enjoying it.

I've also discovered "Ozark" which is about a financial advisor who launders money for a cartel-boss - definitely worth a watch imo.

Ozark is incredible, love it.

Would also recommend;

You
Stranger Things

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
BangBang

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2021, 02:52:01 PM »

My brother wrote, produced and directed “Get Gone” a British feature film it’s currently on Amazon Prime for free to prime members please do have a watch when you all get a chance

"Look! There's a rhythmic ceremonial ritual coming up" ... Dr. Emmett Brown

https://twitter.com/#!/Steven_Sethi
https://www.instagram.com/stevensethi/?hl=en
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2021, 07:49:59 PM »

I thoroughly enjoyed the first series of Fargo after watching it from the beginning.

I was however slightly worried about the free dessert which accompanied my latest Shanghai-Shanghai deliveroo this evening with Ozark in mind.

Fortunately it turned out to be lychees.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2021, 09:14:50 PM »

I thoroughly enjoyed the first series of Fargo after watching it from the beginning.

I was however slightly worried about the free dessert which accompanied my latest Shanghai-Shanghai deliveroo this evening with Ozark in mind.

Glad you liked it in the end, really enjoyed the second series too and the 3rd needed an ep or two to get into.

Ozark consistently great all the way through - have you watched all that is available yet ?

sola virtus nobilitat
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2021, 10:10:27 PM »

Glad you liked it in the end, really enjoyed the second series too and the 3rd needed an ep or two to get into.

Ozark consistently great all the way through - have you watched all that is available yet ?

Just finished series one of Ozark - the toenails have put me off starting series two for a day or two but I'll man up soon.

Started series two of Fargo and I think it's starting to grow on me.

One of my golfing buddies recommended "The Code" an Australian show(two series) about hackers and politicos which I really enjoyed.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: