blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:47:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Cheltenham 2021!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cheltenham 2021!  (Read 11685 times)
TiredEyes

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2021, 09:31:46 AM »

Day 1 Multiples

Appreciate It - Supreme
Shishkin      - Arkle
Honeysuckle - Champ Hurdle
Concertista   - Mares Hurdle

1pt ACC  @ 36/1 - PP NRNB

That looks so good right now !

The sleeper must awaken
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2021, 09:42:36 AM »

its got an annie power first day look about it punting/laying wise today
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2021, 09:46:09 AM »

its got an annie power first day look about it punting/laying wise today

Hope not, she cost me two and a half grand off a fiver Cheesy

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2021, 09:46:47 AM »

Day 1 Multiples

Appreciate It - Supreme
Shishkin      - Arkle
Honeysuckle - Champ Hurdle
Concertista   - Mares Hurdle

1pt ACC  @ 36/1 - PP NRNB

That looks so good right now !

Just the hard part to do now, lol.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2021, 09:54:03 AM »

Was always my fav day of the year when working for firms the head of horses always seemed to feel the pressure of day 1 more than any other day because there are usually so many more hot pots to get beat and they usually have to knock it out on Tues and wait all week to get it back on Friiday
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2021, 10:16:23 AM »

Haha, I bet it was carnage!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2021, 10:31:56 AM »

Was always my fav day of the year when working for firms the head of horses always seemed to feel the pressure of day 1 more than any other day because there are usually so many more hot pots to get beat and they usually have to knock it out on Tues and wait all week to get it back on Friiday

Working for a firm during Cheltenham is the best thing ever, such a buzz. And I've got two strings to that bow as Gill is with 365.

SportingLife.com now sponsor the Arkle, so there was an internal round-robin today which included this wonderful photo.

When Sporting Life (the newspaper) closed a part of me died, I used read it every day from cover to cover for well over 30 years. I'd go up to Kings Cross Station at 4am & get the early edition, maybe a Timeford Card too. Loved the Tony Morris breeding column, & of course the Dick Whitford Ratings.

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2021, 10:38:15 AM »

I can only barely remember the paper SL at uni during the mid 90s for maybe a year in the betting shops.   I read the SL website a lot now the content is much better quality across sports than the racing post site and paper.  40p increase in the price of the RP from today nearly £120 a month now to read the paper version.  Tough to justify the expense.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2021, 10:48:10 AM »

I never saw my first boss more stressed than the 2002 Cheltenham with the entire family/board watching on behind him.   One of the few times i saw him standing up during a race!  i doubt the sweats matter nowadays given they are worth billions just fun sweats now even though they are bigger financially.   I think they mattered a lot more relatively twenty years ago to the future growth.   Really was the glory days of working in a young upstart company taking on the establishment.  The other great thing then was the vast majority of lumpy bets came on the phone so it was proper carnage shouting them across from the call centre.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 10:49:47 AM by arbboy » Logged
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2021, 12:08:28 PM »

I really like both horses and we seem to have 3 really good 2 mile hurdlers to watch right now, but it seems to me that Goshen and Honeysuckle could both ruin each others chances today. 

Add to that the fact that Epatante ran really badly in her last race.  It wasn't just the finish, she put in some quirky jumps throughout.   I am not saying the front 3 are bad horses, for instance Honeysuckle has been my first name in the ten to follow for the last two years, just that this probably isn't the day to back any of them  This reminds me very much of 2019, where you could raise a doubt about the front 3 in the betting.

Add the fact we have a bunch of bookies going a fifth first 4.  This means we are getting great plave terms in a race where the first 3 might be all bad bets.  I think all in all this means backing each way in the Champion Hurdle is a great bet this year.  I have gone pretty big on Silver Streak e/w, who is a bit of a ground doubt, but you can make the same argument for Abacadabras, Sharjah  and pretty much all those at the bottom of the betting.

Can't believe you got 25/1 Homme Public Marky,I thought the 20/1 I got was really good (there is little between that and Houx Grix on French form according to Rory Delargy at Neil's preview evening).

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
TiredEyes

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2021, 01:26:49 PM »

Wow, that was super impressive.

The sleeper must awaken
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2021, 01:27:44 PM »

Distance buyers freerolling now on the day.   The usual two hour tues sweat for the firms commences in style in the first.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2021, 01:51:40 PM »

I never saw my first boss more stressed than the 2002 Cheltenham with the entire family/board watching on behind him.   One of the few times i saw him standing up during a race!  i doubt the sweats matter nowadays given they are worth billions just fun sweats now even though they are bigger financially.   I think they mattered a lot more relatively twenty years ago to the future growth.   Really was the glory days of working in a young upstart company taking on the establishment.  The other great thing then was the vast majority of lumpy bets came on the phone so it was proper carnage shouting them across from the call centre.

Bookies Boiler Room Grin

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2021, 01:59:27 PM »

what a couple of machines
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2021, 03:09:56 PM »

easy game 3 out of 3.   Annie power moment needed for layers.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: