blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:24:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Footballers who have properly stole a living since 2010.....
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Footballers who have properly stole a living since 2010.....  (Read 3900 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2021, 03:04:11 PM »

done mention henri lansbury... bristol city have taken him until then end of the season. the first three games he played we had zero goals for , 10 goals against...  city fans have soon realised that he likes to disappear on the pitch.

I thought HL was going to become a top player when he came through the Arsenal academy and broke into our first-team squad.

Not sure what happened tbh.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2021, 03:28:33 PM »

Jack Rodwell

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2021, 03:49:07 PM »

Jordan Rhodes in last 3-4 years at Sheffield Wednesday.

Looks like he’s got a sack of spuds on his back.

I lolled.

The older I get, the better I was.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2021, 08:11:59 PM »

Lee Sharpe is another that springs to mind.  Was clearly very good for a few years at Manchester United, but going through the motions for several years afterwards.

Wasn’t the story with him was that he discovered the white powder, and that Man Utd helped cover up periods at rehab with stories of ‘injuries’?

Ha, we all heard that at Bradford too.  You'd still see very brief flashes of old Lee Sharpe.  We'd have had a really good team in our second premier league season if we signed them all 3 years earlier.   

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2021, 11:02:43 PM »

..... relative to their talent in line with their wages.

I don't think anyone can compare to this guesser.   He has made huge cash relatively compared to his output.  He must have an amazing agent to get the big clubs to constantly overpay him as he slides down the ladder.   Is there anyone worse than SS?  Guys like Bale don't count because they have done it at the top level.   SS has probably made £25m out of football and done nothing of note.  I only found him tonight because i was looking at pukki's goal total this year and SS appeared with 9 goals for Preston.  £15k a week at preston for this guesser ?  is that too much?  He doesn't have an England cap but 7 u21 caps.  He has several kids with his air head coronation st missus who probably can't believe her luck but kinda knew she was pay pay for life on meeting him in Manc a decade ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Sinclair

Feel free to add your own guessers to the list.   It has to be relatiive to their wages not just guys who haven't produced.  SS was massively over paid at Man City and Villa and Celtic (rangers were bankrupt in this era)

Was outstanding his first 2 seasons at Celtic - beating men for fun and scoring goals. 25 goals in first season, 6 goals in 11 Champions League games second season. Fell away after Brendan Rodgers left. Not convinced he was overpaid either. Rangers were in the league when he was playing for Celtic.

Saying that I can't totally disagree, when his head dropped it really dropped & I was happy enough to see him gone. Think if he can be enthused and excited he's brilliant, problem may be with him needing the attention and support to keep him there.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 11:09:53 PM by Rod Paradise » Logged

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Stevef31

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2021, 11:07:16 PM »

Whilst Tom Ince wasn't a great signing it wouldn't even get a mention in the list of horror signings we (Huddersfield) made during our two year Prem appearance. You won't have even heard of most of the garbage we spaffed our money on, and the goal Ince scored against Watford in the Prem first season is probably the most I've celebrated a goal in my 43 years as a fan. So all in all he's ok, not least cos we recouped our money from Stoke anyway.
Alex Pritchard was a way worse signing for example.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 11:21:49 PM by Stevef31 » Logged
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2021, 10:02:48 AM »

Whilst Tom Ince wasn't a great signing it wouldn't even get a mention in the list of horror signings we (Huddersfield) made during our two year Prem appearance. You won't have even heard of most of the garbage we spaffed our money on, and the goal Ince scored against Watford in the Prem first season is probably the most I've celebrated a goal in my 43 years as a fan. So all in all he's ok, not least cos we recouped our money from Stoke anyway.

Just don't say anything bad about Collin Quaner! He was my favourite player for Union Berlin for a season or two. Now up playing in Scotland. I really thought he could make it in the Prem, but not to be....
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2021, 03:33:18 PM »

Shelvey.
Looking hard doesn’t equate to talent.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
TiredEyes

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2021, 05:08:29 PM »

Jack Rodwell heart of a pea Angry

The sleeper must awaken
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2021, 08:56:06 PM »

Do you remember the time we played 5 a side up in Beeston circa 2002/3 Steve and Lee Sharpe was one of the guys waiting to come onto our pitch next?

A few of us stayed to watch, was an abs treat to see that kind of quality close up.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2021, 09:01:31 PM »

Jack Rodwell heart of a pea Angry

Is currently a Sheff Utd player and despite all our troubles he still cannot even get on the bench. In fact we played a game a few months ago when we were so short of players we only named about 5 subs on the bench and he still didn’t get picked. We literally went with nobody instead of him. Despite not playing last season he somehow got another contract this season too.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Stevef31

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2021, 10:14:58 PM »

Do you remember the time we played 5 a side up in Beeston circa 2002/3 Steve and Lee Sharpe was one of the guys waiting to come onto our pitch next?

A few of us stayed to watch, was an abs treat to see that kind of quality close up.

Yes I remember that. Great quality. He could have done more with that talent.
Stevef31

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2021, 10:15:59 PM »

Just don't say anything bad about Collin Quaner! He was my favourite player for Union Berlin for a season or two. Now up playing in Scotland. I really thought he could make it in the Prem, but not to be....

Nobody is going to say anything bad about Big Col. Legend.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: