blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:39:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  European Super League
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: European Super League  (Read 9785 times)
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2021, 12:30:21 AM »

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/56795811

Interesting to see if this actually happens. Seems most ex-players and fans are against it.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2021, 08:58:19 AM »

Dont really care if it happens or not. I dont think id watch it and if it meant exclusion from any current comps would definitely take my important fandom somewhere else. You Horns! maybe

sola virtus nobilitat
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2021, 09:01:45 AM »

Yah boot them out.

The game might miss United and Liverpool, but the other four?

Oh well, I guess we have to have the likes off Leeds, Everton, villa, Newcastle being the next biggest clubs.

Deary me.

Boot them out, the game will be fine.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2021, 10:24:22 AM »

Leicester are 25/1 on bf for this year's league title when on paper they can't win.  Assume these discussions must be able to affect this year's league?  People aren't asking to bet Leicester at 25/1 for real money for nothing right?
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2021, 10:26:40 AM »

Never going to happen is it?

Jose won't be taking Spurs there either way.

I'm with Ollie.

fergal @fergalkiernan
1h
Ian Holloway has just said this Super league business is a betrayal to the memory of Prince Philip. I’m not even fucking joking.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 10:48:43 AM by Chompy » Logged

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2021, 10:30:33 AM »

£2.3m done on Man City for the league at 1.01.   Currently sitting at 1.06.  Lot of 1% 'bf loan sharks' sweating slightly this morning for their 'risk free' 1%.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2021, 10:42:44 AM »

£2.3m done on Man City for the league at 1.01.   Currently sitting at 1.06.  Lot of 1% 'bf loan sharks' sweating slightly this morning for their 'risk free' 1%.

This is like when Biden was sitting at 1.15 for the US election after he'd already won.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2021, 10:45:50 AM »

I used to go and see Man City a bit when I lived there in the old 2nd and 3rd division equivalent.  Even when they have had all this money, I have thought to myself well at least they are nothing like United.  Turns out that I was wrong.

Such bad timing when Arsenal are pretty much the definition of a mid table side.  

My immediate reaction on hearing that they were going to carry on playing in the premier league was no you f'in won't.  Zero chance I'd pay to watch this; I am much more likely to cancel what I have than spend any more on football.  Sky Sports, BT sports and Amazon Prime is already too much when I don't even watch that much sport anymore.  I'd be pretty chuffed if they leave and I get to watch a cheaper Premier League and a few more championship/lower league matches.  

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2021, 11:12:06 AM »

https://twitter.com/FootballFunnnys/status/1384082557130526724

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2021, 11:20:10 AM »

Barbeque sauce is a less dodgy sauce, Tikay.

Would love it to be true though.  Wonder what his bonus was for winning a trophy?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2021, 12:51:36 PM »

I don't think it's going to happen (in the short term at least) but if it does, what's the betting opportunities?
Germany for the Euros/World Cup for a start. If FIFA/UEFA ban players playing international matches then the Germans are in a great spot.
West Ham to win the Champions League?
Any others?
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2021, 01:37:59 PM »

Yah boot them out.

The game might miss United and Liverpool, but the other four?

Oh well, I guess we have to have the likes off Leeds, Everton, villa, Newcastle being the next biggest clubs.

Deary me.

Boot them out, the game will be fine.
I wont even miss Arsenal if theyre booted out, let alone non fans

sola virtus nobilitat
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2021, 01:51:18 PM »

I really hope this happens and the sooner the better imo. Then we can get back to having a proper Top league with a lot of teams able to compete for the title. More money trickling down the pyramid too.Let the millionaires get their dough playing each other and the real footy fans will get their competition back.  The most surprising thing about the thing is Spurs got an invite.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2021, 01:56:01 PM »

I really hope this happens and the sooner the better imo. Then we can get back to having a proper Top league with a lot of teams able to compete for the title. More money trickling down the pyramid too.Let the millionaires get their dough playing each other and the real footy fans will get their competition back.  The most surprising thing about the thing is Spurs got an invite.

4/1 the field every year.   Basically the betting without the big 6 market.   Will get 1/4 1,2,3 ew as well like the old days!
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2021, 02:33:11 PM »

4/1 the field every year.   Basically the betting without the big 6 market.   Will get 1/4 1,2,3 ew as well like the old days!

Deffo, Leicester City and Everton maybe Villa, Leeds etc would become the big clubs with most of the Division able to mount a decent challenge. If they can’t ban em from the Premier League just give them 25-30 point deductions or schedule a load of their league matches on the same nights they are playing in the Super Duper league. Then give me points deductions for fielding weak teams.

Maybe even invite Celtic and Rangers, Hearts and Hibs into the Prem to replace the teams and get two more major Cities involved in the Premier League.  It would be Miles more interesting in that set up imo than Man City are 1/4 to win away at team B simply because Man City have the most  money to spend in players.

I did like this tho, Spurs are going to find out pretty quickly what it feels like to be Sheff Utd in this new league.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: