blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:44:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Multi-accounter streams himself winning.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Multi-accounter streams himself winning.  (Read 6493 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« on: April 30, 2021, 09:04:57 PM »

This is weird.....

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29/news-views-gossip/vlogger-matt-vaughn-wins-tournament-friends-account-doesnt-get-paid-1789233/

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2021, 08:25:14 AM »

I like this comment.

Before this, I think the dumbest winner in tournament poker history was that guy who sold over 100% of his action for the EPT championship, then went on to win $1 million and owe more than he could pay. Actually maybe that is still the dumbest move ever. But this is 2nd place.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2021, 08:38:26 AM »

I like this comment.

Before this, I think the dumbest winner in tournament poker history was that guy who sold over 100% of his action for the EPT championship, then went on to win $1 million and owe more than he could pay. Actually maybe that is still the dumbest move ever. But this is 2nd place.

I have a vague memory of this around 10 or 15 years ago, was EPT San Remo & it was a Dutch fella, Constant Risenberg or something similar. He was said to have sold 130% of himself as I recall.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2021, 10:33:47 AM »

I'm really annoyed the other player still paid the him the money from the HU deal 
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2021, 08:06:44 AM »

I'm really annoyed the other player still paid the him the money from the HU deal 

whyt is that?

the other player knew who the player was, indeed could only contact him as he knew who he was through his stream.

it's not like he had two accounts in the mtt - he was simply evading a geo block.

worming out on a technicality may have been within his rights, but the gentlemanly thing to do was pay the man.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2021, 10:50:22 AM »

It's about a week ago that I came across this elsewhere but the other guy is silly for doing a deal when he was told the guy's circumstances.

Major drama queen also. 'Like I never existed'. lols

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2021, 04:55:41 PM »

whyt is that?

the other player knew who the player was, indeed could only contact him as he knew who he was through his stream.

it's not like he had two accounts in the mtt - he was simply evading a geo block.

worming out on a technicality may have been within his rights, but the gentlemanly thing to do was pay the man.

what about the others who placed below but should be one position higher? shouldn't any money go towards them not the pleb breaking ToS ?
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2021, 05:44:11 PM »

of course

but the chap who arranged the deal did so knowing who was behind the account.

for him to then not cut the deal on that sort of technicality may have been within his rights, but its not something i'd do.

he made the gentlemanly decision imo
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2021, 06:06:04 PM »

of course

but the chap who arranged the deal did so knowing who was behind the account.

for him to then not cut the deal on that sort of technicality may have been within his rights, but its not something i'd do.

he made the gentlemanly decision imo

I think the whole thing is a bit odd, but he seems to recognise it is his own f up, and he is to blame.  I'd like to think I'd have honoured it, as losing all that money is already very harsh.  Probably easier to be generous with 100k in your back pocket too.

I'd also be dubious about any advantage the muti accounter gained.  Given he lost his original account a few years ago, then he probably only played on the one account.  It is a bit like Marc Wright's ban on stars.  Everyone knew who played on that dean23price(or whatever it was) account, so he was getting little benefit from it. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2021, 07:12:31 PM »

it's an anon site afaik, so no advantage at all.

he was evading a geo block
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2021, 07:33:37 PM »

he doesn't come across well from the screenshots in the 2+2 thread...
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2021, 11:08:50 PM »

I like this comment.

I have a vague memory of this around 10 or 15 years ago, was EPT San Remo & it was a Dutch fella, Constant Risenberg or something similar. He was said to have sold 130% of himself as I recall.

A very famous British player did this in a 10k tournment in Vegas about 15 years ago too.

Amazingly he still gets staked in big tournaments.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2021, 08:13:32 AM »

I like this comment.

A very famous British player did this in a 10k tournment in Vegas about 15 years ago too.

Is there a reason he's not named?

The older I get, the better I was.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2021, 06:54:38 PM »

I like this comment.

Yes, no reason to name him unless her ever asked for staking on here. Then I'd warn any potential investors.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2021, 11:06:44 AM »

I like this comment.

Yes, no reason to name him unless her ever asked for staking on here. Then I'd warn any potential investors.

but what about the juicy gossip for us plebs to enjoy? Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: