blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 05:52:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  LIV Golf
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: LIV Golf  (Read 5573 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2022, 09:32:04 AM »

Here come the lawsuits...

Phil Mickelson and Ian Poulter among LIV golfers to bring lawsuit against PGA Tour

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/62412590

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2022, 11:15:16 AM »

I would hazard a guess that the Saudis are bankrolling the suit. These guys mostly resigned, they knew that the PGA had rules which they agreed to, for in some cases decades, and didn't object and it's debateable that LIV is in effect "dumping", as its enterprise is massively unprofitable.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2022, 11:43:02 AM »

How corrupting money is.

The older I get, the better I was.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2022, 12:49:57 PM »

I have a question regarding the LIV tour.

If its capped at 48 players, and they are still recruiting players, then they have more than 48.  What happens to those who are not chosen to play in the next LIV event?
Are they just discarded and then left to fend in the wilderness of not being able to play on the main tours?  I'm thinking of these young up and coming players who made up the numbers in the first coupe of LIV events.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/other-sports/rebel-golfers-liv-golf-axed-27562945?fbclid=IwAR3dZNZAtXeobMyCECscyWAzTfHNCXJ-l57hKZAip0q-CDxsdKUd80fNkLY

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2022, 09:31:43 PM »

@CameronPercy on Twitter: Are people aware LIV are paying $120000 a tournament to guys who are on a contract but don’t play? 82 contracted players. 48 play. That’s a lot of $$ to do nothing.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2022, 12:03:53 AM »

Judge rules against LIV golfers who want to have their cake and eat it.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2022, 01:10:22 PM »

apparently during the hearing it was leaked that the LIV players have tournament winnings deducted from their contract amount. So they are all playing for nothing.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2022, 02:08:53 PM »

apparently during the hearing it was leaked that the LIV players have tournament winnings deducted from their contract amount. So they are all playing for nothing.

That's bizarre.

So when they say each LIV Tournament is worth $25 million or whatever, in fact they don't pay any of that out at all?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2022, 02:40:02 PM »

That's bizarre.

So when they say each LIV Tournament is worth $25 million or whatever, in fact they don't pay any of that out at all?

suppose on how much your contract is worth! if you was an also ran given £1 million to join or what ever the min contracts are worth  and you win one of these events i am guessing you would get a decent payout

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2022, 04:30:20 PM »

I watched an interview yesterday on Twitter where that was denied.

There seem to be conflicting reports.

It might well depend on the size of the retainer.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2022, 11:07:08 AM »

I see LIV-man Richard Bland is playing the European tour event in N.Ireland this week.

I can't quite figure that one out..

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2022, 03:42:48 PM »

I watched an interview yesterday on Twitter where that was denied.

There seem to be conflicting reports.

It might well depend on the size of the retainer.

Aren't many bands/artists on contracts like this?  They get a big advance then a whole bunch of deductions before they ever get paid again?  Given these contracts are so big, it doesn't seem impossible to me.

Guess if you win one or two of these, you are going to burn through the minimum quite quickly, so many will get paid when they win, but it might not be the full amount of the prize money?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2022, 02:59:12 PM »

Richard Bland is the defending champion this week in NI and as such has a two-year exemption.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2022, 12:45:16 AM »

Don't know who this Easmon Lynch is but he aint holding back on Garcia

https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2022/09/11/eamon-lynch-sergio-garcia-bmw-pga-championship-withdraw/

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2022, 10:09:02 AM »

Don't know who this Easmon Lynch is but he aint holding back on Garcia

https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2022/09/11/eamon-lynch-sergio-garcia-bmw-pga-championship-withdraw/

Ooooorrrff.

Oh my. Not a Garcia fan, one assumes.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: