blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:51:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  First Vegas Trip Suggestions
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: First Vegas Trip Suggestions  (Read 9642 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2022, 10:49:15 AM »

My God! I can't believe you're a senior.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2022, 10:50:50 AM »

Come to think of it, I can't believe I'm a senior.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2022, 11:00:01 AM »

Ha, I get this too.  You do realise super senior is 60?  The fear is real.

On the tax number/form, some places will do it for you.  The WSOP adoes it for you AFAIK.  The Golden Nugget flat out refused for me.  I spoke to the Wynn after my win, and they indicated they would have been happy to help if I had cashed there.  Pretty sure the Bellagio used to help back in the day too.  Think it is more likely that the Golden Nugget is the outlier rather than the WSOP?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2022, 11:09:20 AM »

Ha, I get this too.  You do realise super senior is 60?  The fear is real.

OMG! I'm heading for super-duper senior.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2022, 02:26:17 PM »

No I haven't sorted anything like that yet, but it does lead onto my next topic, cash/bankroll.

As I said, trip will be a broad mixture of poker, other gambling (not fussed myself, but the friends will want to hit some blackjack and slots), sight seeing, drinking, a show, etc.

In terms of poker money, am I best to take cash, e-wallet, blend? As mentioned, likely buyins will be on the low end for Cash, $1-$3 most likely. If there's a single good tournament somewhere around the $1000 mark, I'll carve out a day in the calendar.

Also, that tax form I see mentioned, do I need to do that in advance, or if I bink a $1k Seniors tournament for 5 figures, can I do it at the time?

I put all my meals and stuff on the room and then charge it to my Halifax Clarity, as that's almost matched at spot with XE.

I'm there a month, so take 1/2 my intended spends as cash, and some loaded on a card. For a trip that length, I'd just be taking all my poker/spending money in cash and then throw it in the safe.

Are there any big poker comps on while you're there? As long as you don't win a lump at the Golden Nugget, you should be ok for the tax forms.

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2022, 03:24:41 PM »

Cash is definitely easiest!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2022, 04:00:43 PM »

As it gets closer I'll look at the schedules and see what i can find. The reason I mentioned seniors is I had noticed a few months ago when I was first looking into this, there was I think a $1100 Seniors event at Venetian and I really liked the idea of celebrating my 50th with something like that.

I'd like to play a lot of short cash at a variety of iconic places, and maybe just one or two 'proper' sessions/tournaments
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2022, 06:20:37 PM »

As it gets closer I'll look at the schedules and see what i can find. The reason I mentioned seniors is I had noticed a few months ago when I was first looking into this, there was I think a $1100 Seniors event at Venetian and I really liked the idea of celebrating my 50th with something like that.

I'd like to play a lot of short cash at a variety of iconic places, and maybe just one or two 'proper' sessions/tournaments

They'll have decent seniors MTTs as part of big schedules, so just worth keeping an eye out for the Venetian/Wynn festivals around easter time, and a bit of luck they'll have something on while you're there.

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2022, 11:38:09 AM »

We take cash some dollars from tesco but now we no longer get points on our purchases of t foreign currency im not sure and rest in sterling
Ask at cashiers cages for their exchange rates as they can vary wildly
I allow $500-800 per day if I blow out its beer time never start on tomorrows money
Put meals and drinks on room in case of comping
Obv you need a players card and you must have a passport to get one
Vegas.com is where we book our show tickets or the concierge at your hotel

Best of all enjoy it
What happens in vegas can go on here lol 😂
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2022, 04:56:56 PM »

I can.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Cotter1

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2022, 09:50:26 PM »

Luxor helped with an ITIN, which I now have, following a win on a puggy in there, which was above the $1,199 limit for tax. Paid the full amount too and were very friendly with it.

Was lucky enough to win a nice amount again in the Venetian and they withheld 30%, which was like a kick in the baws.
This was despite me showing them the 'pending' ITIN from the Luxor.
Said they are under new management and can't help anymore.

Didn't play in the WSOP but took a walk round and did see many tables offering to help non-US citizens with tax issues following any large win.
Not sure of the cut they would take but made me think the WSOP themselves were withholding tax from European winners. 
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2022, 12:24:51 PM »

Didn't play in the WSOP but took a walk round and did see many tables offering to help non-US citizens with tax issues following any large win.
Not sure of the cut they would take but made me think the WSOP themselves were withholding tax from European winners. 

They were this year. Something to do with licences to issue ITIN's and the WSOP's move from the Rio to Bally's meant they didn't have the right licence.

Hopefully they will be able to sort it out in time for next year.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2023, 09:18:29 AM »

The Vegas trip  is finally here,we fly on Tuesday 25th.
Life’s thrown a few curve balls at me since booking the trip, not least being made redundant after 17 years at the same place. When I come back I’ll be setting up a business, so this holiday is a much needed break before the hard work starts.

Got a Grand Canyon trip planned for Wednesday, shows Thursday and Sunday (Penn & Teller and Zombie Burlesque), Fremont Street Friday,,Cosmo Buffet Saturday, Dinner somewhere nice on the Monday, then weave in some cash sessions at Horseshoe, Bellagio, Venetian, Caesar’s, Golden Nugget, and maybe Wynn if I can find a reason to be up that way.

I’m usually a tournament player, but I can’t really find a slot in the itinerary for one in Vegas, so multiple cash sessions is better. Perfect timing for DTD to be putting on their cash game week before I go. I’m heading out today and tomorrow to get my eye in a bit before Vegas.
alanc

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2023, 10:11:52 AM »

Have a ball and be lucky.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2023, 11:55:07 AM »

Have a ball Adam.

What a well timed bink you had a couple of weeks ago.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: