blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:54:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  2023 WSOP
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2023 WSOP  (Read 25684 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2023, 02:55:18 PM »

Good luck out there Doobs.

+1

I hear that it's a flat rate for taxis to the strip now so long-hauling not really a thing anymore

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2023, 03:53:04 PM »

best of luck for the trip doobs
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2023, 04:13:33 PM »

+1

I hear that it's a flat rate for taxis to the strip now so long-hauling not really a thing anymore

Ah that makes sense.  I looked up half way there and it said $29, and was thinking it seemed a lot for not far.  It then didn't change and was thinking was it a set rate.  Think it used to be about $20 or $40 if long hauled, so with cost of living $29 isn't bad if only to get rid of the awkward arguments.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2023, 04:31:15 PM »

+1

Ah that makes sense.  I looked up half way there and it said $29, and was thinking it seemed a lot for not far.  It then didn't change and was thinking was it a set rate.  Think it used to be about $20 or $40 if long hauled, so with cost of living $29 isn't bad if only to get rid of the awkward arguments.

Yep, flat rate dependent on zone. I think there are 3 zones, south, mid and north.

Click to see full-size image.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2023, 04:57:14 PM »

+1

Yep, flat rate dependent on zone. I think there are 3 zones, south, mid and north.

Guess 29 is after tax, though might just have misheard? 

Koval and the strip are both snarled up this week, so went to the right on that picture past some stadium. 

In other news there is a great big sphere in the view from my window, which is a new venue at the Venetian.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2023, 06:11:43 PM »

Don't know what clicked in 8 game, but have cashed 4/8 tournaments since I binked the SCOOP and limit O8 is likely one of my strongest games in that. 

congrats and good luck in vegas.

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 06, 2023, 07:36:55 PM »

+1

Guess 29 is after tax, though might just have misheard? 

Koval and the strip are both snarled up this week, so went to the right on that picture past some stadium. 

In other news there is a great big sphere in the view from my window, which is a new venue at the Venetian.

Guessing the stadium was the Thomas and Mack Center? The MSG sphere is a giant black hole of a money pit from what I hear.

I think there is a fuel surcharge at the moment for the cabs - $2 if my memory is true. Read it on another Vegas forum. Would explain your $29 fare.

GL in the O8 today!
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 06, 2023, 08:55:56 PM »

Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 06, 2023, 10:28:15 PM »

Good luck Doobs win the lot please x

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 07, 2023, 12:12:56 AM »

I wish someone had told me how much fun limit omaha 8 or better is live.   One old bloke is clearly massively tilted each time I win a hand.  Think I am supposed to be playing A2 or something.  Somebody else sat down and tried to pot it.  He has done the same thing about 5 more times ...

Road works on strip are just North of Paris right now, so it is a good trip in from the Wynn.

Also am up, but nobody is massively down. 

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 07, 2023, 12:26:17 AM »

I wish someone had told me how much fun limit omaha 8 or better is live.   One old bloke is clearly massively tilted each time I win a hand.  Think I am supposed to be playing A2 or something.  Somebody else sat down and tried to pot it.  He has done the same thing about 5 more times ...

Road works on strip are just North of Paris right now, so it is a good trip in from the Wynn.

Ohhh, tempting. They have a a limit 08 at the Aria when I'm there, I think. Might have a go at that, for something different.

Don't think I'll be heading down strip much when I'm staying at Wynn, even on the scooter.

Good luck, mate!

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 07, 2023, 12:56:28 AM »

I wish someone had told me how much fun limit omaha 8 or better is live.   One old bloke is clearly massively tilted each time I win a hand.  Think I am supposed to be playing A2 or something.  Somebody else sat down and tried to pot it.  He has done the same thing about 5 more times ...

Ohhh, tempting. They have a a limit 08 at the Aria when I'm there, I think. Might have a go at that, for something different.

Don't think I'll be heading down strip much when I'm staying at Wynn, even on the scooter.

Good luck, mate!

It is ok.  Have added about 50% to my stack.  Worst has probably lost 50%.  Everyone bar tilt man is talking and friendly.  Who wants to play hold em with robots?

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 07, 2023, 04:37:39 AM »

Good luck, mate!

It is ok.  Have added about 50% to my stack.  Worst has probably lost 50%.  Everyone bar tilt man is talking and friendly.  Who wants to play hold em with robots?

Spoke to soon.  Chatty player got moved, pro joined.  Then another pro joined.  Both spent the last half hour bitching at the dealer's speed.  Nobody talking anymore, dealer flustered so went slower.  Now a bit below starting and blinds are much bigger.  Would love to stack them both, but need to run better again.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 07, 2023, 09:03:46 AM »

Made it to the last level of the night then busto in grim circumstances.

Wynn rooms have been refurbed and I think they are nicer now.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: June 07, 2023, 09:12:08 AM »

Does this remind anyone of a giraffe from the Simpsons?

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: