blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:33:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  2023 WSOP
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2023 WSOP  (Read 25672 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 07, 2023, 04:06:54 PM »

Made it to the last level of the night then busto in grim circumstances.

Wynn rooms have been refurbed and I think they are nicer now.

Damn, unlucky mate.

Yeah, I was a bit dubious when I saw the renderings online, but it looked a bit better when I saw a video from someone I know that stayed there.

I thought I'd prefer the old rooms, but when I stayed last summer I actually liked the big 'dining table' as I could spread my work out on it and have room for all my snacks. With the old desks there wasn't as much real estate.  I think I prefer the older bathrooms, but the boutique look is still nice.

I'm burning them this year, so don't expect to be staying there again after my 2 stops this summer.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 07, 2023, 07:09:05 PM »

Obligatory queue post.

Midweek I went to register at about 1.20 for O8 starting at 2.  The queue was just inside the door and I was regged by the start. There were deepstacks on, and the O8 bust the record with about 1200 entries.  A lot of others seem to be getting record entries, so if I play the 300 am definitely going the night before (might watch the Champion's league final and shop/gym instead).  Food still seems difficult, but decent enough ham, cheese and salad baguette at the bar opposite the entrance was $14.  6/10 experience.

On to the Wynn.  Went down at 10.50.  One person in queue ahead, regged by 10.51, walked past Jardin just as someone left their seat.  Am sat down and breakfast just arrived.  10/10 experience.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 07, 2023, 07:38:27 PM »

Excellent update, GL at Wynn today.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 07, 2023, 09:34:42 PM »

Bad luck last night Dooobs - hope you're nicely settled-in now and over the jet-lag.

Hoping for some deep runs with many pages of updates including tales of derring-do liberally spinkled with scoopios.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 07, 2023, 10:14:27 PM »

Somehow out of the Wynn despite getting AA, KK and QQ in first 2 hours. Had one hand where a Frenchman called me down with ace high which seemed ridiculous.  Not sure if I had a big tell or it was just because he was French. Literally hadn't shown a single bluff up to then, but given I had aces and kings previously I may have just looked aggro?  Bit even then there were many players more aggressive including the Frenchman. Just lost a big flip where somebody could have folded but seemed fine. Going to rebuy into that one, alternate queue is about an hour.

It is grey here today, and definitely a bit more pleasant temperature wise in early June Vs late June or July. Don't get me wrong, it is still unpleasantly hot, just not as bad as usual.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 07, 2023, 10:26:41 PM »

Unlucky on the first spin, good luck for the 2nd!

I really enjoyed the winter weather, as someone that's not into pools etc.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 07, 2023, 10:37:44 PM »

Better luck with bullet #2 David.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 08, 2023, 12:23:59 AM »

On the upside managed to fit in noodles in soup and dim sum at Red 8.  Didn't get there last time.   

Had a few wild hands from the O8.  First one I had ATT2 and raised pre and got 4 callers.  Flop came T85 2 hearts.  Bet the flip and blank turn.  Checked the nasty 2 hearts river and lost to a flush and a better low (thank goodness nobody bet), but would have put me on 100k from 25 starting instead of back to starting.

Next one I had AJ84 double suited when I had 7k at 800/1500.  Raised from late, and got 2 caller's when was hoping to get one at most.  Had only 4.5k behind and 10k in the pot.  Felt I had to bet a Q52 (2 heart flip).  Got in vs A3Q (2 hearts), which was about as disastrous as could be then binked the non heart 3 to near triple up.

After drifting down to 18k at 1/2.5.  I raised with aAKQ6.  Flopped the glorious JTx. AK43 tried to push me off and then hit a river Q which stopped me getting to 40k which would have been below average but right in it again.  Had to just keep folding including a marginal in the big blind that would have scooped 3 way (arrgh). 

Finally went with A224 (which is a hand I hate) with 10k at 1.5/3.  Oppo had QJ43 which was fairly standard.  Flopped AQx which was great.  The Q and 3 that followed were more unwelcome.

As an aside, I don't think I have misread as many hands in a poker game as I did in the last 2 or 3 hours.  I seemed to be terrible at reading suits.  There was one where I thought I had 2 diamonds and had hit a flush on the turn.  Realised what I had done and just checked it down when I should really just have carried on betting.  It seems obvious now, but just was struggling too much with concerntrating. 

FWIW the bluff was J9 on KT7 rainbow.  He had A3 off.  I can see I had bluffs, but a couple of them (AQ and AJ) had him crushed.
Kind of an easy fold on the flop? Unfortunately I busted not long after so couldn't take advantage of his calling range.   

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 08, 2023, 02:18:46 AM »

Well that didn't go as well as hoped. 

I don't have a solver, but think I played my last hand correctly, so not going to be upset about this exit.  And I get to catch up on stuff, and can get up early for the swim/gym combo before the omaha.  I could have rejoined, but not doing 3 buy-ins this early in the trip

Blinds are 400/800 with 800 BB ante.  Not much has gone on as I haven't had any hands that were hard to play and can't think of any difficult decision on this bullet. I start with 25k or so. 

Utg+1 open raises to 2k and gets 2 calls from players that looked like they are stations.  I look down AQ off.  I don't like the call here as am out of position.  I know someone who would always call here in position as you crush so much of your opponents ranges and it is easy to play.

Anyway we pump it up to 10k as it makes it hard for the stations to shove or call  correctly (starting stacks are 30k, which was about their current stack).  Opener has loads of chips and is very active. 

He shoves and the other two fold quickly.  Think this is an easy call given the read on the opponent albeit an uncomfortable one (14k to call Vs effective pot size now 40k+.

He has TT, flop is KQ9 (woohoo), turn T. 

And we have eventually tried the ice cream bar in the Wynn for the first time ($7 = 1 scoop). 

animalpoker

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 08, 2023, 07:16:55 AM »

Keep up with the updates mate.  Good luck with the rest of the trip.  I’m proper excited now about coming out, think I still miss you even though I added a few nights to my trip and arrive Tuesday.  Sounds like you enjoyed the limit O8, I’m not sure if I ever played it again after final tabling in 2009 because of it being silly early in the series.  First dilemma of my trip is PLO 1.5k or 9 GAME 3k on the Weds both WSOP, rest of my trip fairly rigid with a mtt nearly every day !
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 08, 2023, 08:23:48 AM »

Enjoying the Updates.

Don't you just love it when stuff like this happens?

Next one I had AJ84 double suited when I had 7k at 800/1500.  Raised from late, and got 2 caller's when was hoping to get one at most.  Had only 4.5k behind and 10k in the pot.  Felt I had to bet a Q52 (2 heart flip).  Got in vs A3Q (2 hearts), which was about as disastrous as could be then binked the non heart 3 to near triple up.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 08, 2023, 03:19:58 PM »

Keep up with the updates mate.  Good luck with the rest of the trip.  I’m proper excited now about coming out, think I still miss you even though I added a few nights to my trip and arrive Tuesday.  Sounds like you enjoyed the limit O8, I’m not sure if I ever played it again after final tabling in 2009 because of it being silly early in the series.  First dilemma of my trip is PLO 1.5k or 9 GAME 3k on the Weds both WSOP, rest of my trip fairly rigid with a mtt nearly every day !

That is the day I am leaving, so we aren't going to meet up, but good luck.  I'd be doing the 9 game every time.  I think I need to be playing the more interesting games these days, wish I'd spent some time learning that so I didn't have to play hold'em.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 08, 2023, 05:16:55 PM »

I think I need to be playing the more interesting games these days, wish I'd spent some time learning that so I didn't have to play hold'em.

What I think now that I don't have the patience for headphone city...

It's quite ironic since I was brought up on 7-Card Stud as a kid, and then never played Poker again until I left the Navy in my 20s.

Good luck today if you're playing, mate!

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 08, 2023, 05:29:40 PM »

I think I need to be playing the more interesting games these days, wish I'd spent some time learning that so I didn't have to play hold'em.

It's quite ironic since I was brought up on 7-Card Stud as a kid, and then never played Poker again until I left the Navy in my 20s.

Just realised I didn't even mention badugi, which was the game I wished I'd learned.  9 game would have been fine.

Didn't realise until after it was Ryan Leng who raised with the QJ43.  Think it was double suited so he can't ever fold Vs my reraise.   A224 is such a bad hand I wouldn't be surprised if he was favourite (I can't remember if I was suited, just remember thinking I need to go with this).  Pretty sure I have played with him before too.  He did ask if I was playing the badugi, which was what got me thinking I really should have. 

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 08, 2023, 06:44:49 PM »

Just realised I didn't even mention badugi, which was the game I wished I'd learned.  9 game would have been fine.

Didn't realise until after it was Ryan Leng who raised with the QJ43.  Think it was double suited so he can't ever fold Vs my reraise.   A224 is such a bad hand I wouldn't be surprised if he was favourite (I can't remember if I was suited, just remember thinking I need to go with this).  Pretty sure I have played with him before too.  He did ask if I was playing the badugi, which was what got me thinking I really should have. 

I've watched it a few times, and had a couple goes at it on Stars. Should probably try to learn, as I see even some of the smaller mix comps have it now during the summer.

Ahh, he seems like a nice guy. At least from the streams I've seen him on, anyway.

Wasn't really looking forward to this year, but now things are settling down at home and following it here & PokerGO, I'm looking forward to a break from admin/work.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: