blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:34:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  2023 WSOP
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2023 WSOP  (Read 25248 times)
Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2023, 07:40:50 PM »

Awesome news well done Doobs!

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2023, 08:55:28 PM »

Congratulations Doobs

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2023, 09:42:05 PM »

Lovely to have a rare check in and see this. Well done Doobs!

Thanks to everyone, but just got to say welcome back kukushkin, long time no speak.

It is a bit of a result to cash for more than my Vegas bank so close to Vegas. Psychologically much better than going out there when already down for the year.  Might even upgrade the flight out.

I did plan on playing the PLO8 on Sunday, but was way too knackered on Sunday after a couple of short nights sleep, and I could see me just donking off at midnight in a haze of sleeplessness.  Getting wiser in my old age. 

There is always next weekend where there is a $200 8 game and I think there is a similar NLO8 on Sunday.  Definitely need to fit some sleep in this time.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2023, 10:59:50 PM »

Thanks Tal and Tikay.

Does anyone know if Stars does cards up replays of medium SCOOPs?  I wouldn't mind watching it to see where I went wrong on the way.  Going to be easier to learn if I can remember what I was thinking at the time. 

Not so far David, but I'll keep looking. I can't even find a full list of SCOOP '23 results at the moment, which is odd as 'Stars are usually so good with that sort of stuff.

I am blind, you can find it on the client

Events/replays/ scoop 32M

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2023, 03:39:44 AM »

Awesome result Doobs
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2023, 10:24:38 AM »

Well done Doobs.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2023, 02:21:49 PM »

Doobi doop do, Doobi doop do do, Doobi doop do, etc.

The older I get, the better I was.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2023, 06:12:16 PM »

Very impressive, I love 8 game, I regularly play a $1 tourn on PS, it's brill, sometimes 30 or 40 bucks up top for 5 hours effort.

Anyway, was very interested in watching the replay you mention , could see the event listed on the client and the final result but couldn't see the replay in the 'replays' section. Am I doing something wrong please ?

sola virtus nobilitat
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2023, 08:19:50 PM »

Very impressive, I love 8 game, I regularly play a $1 tourn on PS, it's brill, sometimes 30 or 40 bucks up top for 5 hours effort.

Anyway, was very interested in watching the replay you mention , could see the event listed on the client and the final result but couldn't see the replay in the 'replays' section. Am I doing something wrong please ?

I couldn't see it at first, but when you click events (which was next one to the right of SCOOP) I could see replays on another tab below it.  Am not at home so can't check.  This was the client on my laptop. 

Think if you just go through the SCOOP tab the there are no replays (which confused me too).  There were replays going back to last year which also confused me, as event 32 wasn't 8 game when I clicked on it!  Even simpletons can win SCOOPs it seems.  Get in the $22 8 game on Saturday. 

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2023, 03:06:20 PM »

I was going to fire in a few of the lower non 2 card games this Scoop, but between work and sorting all Dad's stuff out, I haven't even had time to rail High Stakes Poker for the last few weeks.

If I get enough work done Saturday afternoon, I might try and jump in that 8-game, though. Love fishing against some of the sharps Smiley

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2023, 07:22:18 PM »

I couldn't see it at first, but when you click events (which was next one to the right of SCOOP) I could see replays on another tab below it.  Am not at home so can't check.  This was the client on my laptop. 

Think if you just go through the SCOOP tab the there are no replays (which confused me too).  There were replays going back to last year which also confused me, as event 32 wasn't 8 game when I clicked on it!  Even simpletons can win SCOOPs it seems.  Get in the $22 8 game on Saturday. 

Found it, pretty interesting, need to go back as I fell asleep during some of the stud round where I find myself really unsure of the best moves a lot of the time and I may go and look for other replays of stud as I didn't know these replays were there.  You ran pretty pure in the Limit Holdem though izzit with a spectacular river in the last hand to seal the deal- anyway, nice one

sola virtus nobilitat
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2023, 09:50:42 AM »

Found it, pretty interesting, need to go back as I fell asleep during some of the stud round where I find myself really unsure of the best moves a lot of the time and I may go and look for other replays of stud as I didn't know these replays were there.  You ran pretty pure in the Limit Holdem though izzit with a spectacular river in the last hand to seal the deal- anyway, nice one

I wouldn't watch my stud play to learn anything.  There was a couple of hands where looking back I thought what was I doing there?

I don't think I have ever watched my own play back with everyone face up and you can see where you went wrong/got lucky.  At the time I realised I was running good with my cards, but didn't realise how bad my opponents cards were in limit hold'em.

There are some other bits of run good that you don't realise at the time such as raising with in NL hold'em and getting 3 bet and then deciding not to shove when I think I was chip leader (he had 10s).  There were 2 hands in 2-7 triple draw where I started out worst which could have crippled me.

In limit hold em where I had AT 3 bet and bet twice on a KQ8 board after 3 bet pre which I thought might be wrong at the time (he had a worse ace).  Interesting to see others errors too, one lost their mind with 98s(?) in the SB near the end when I had kings which made the finish much easier.  He was unlucky I had kings, but not at all sure why he called twice to cripple himself.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 19, 2023, 03:42:06 PM »

I wouldn't watch my stud play to learn anything.  There was a couple of hands where looking back I thought what was I doing there?

I don't think I have ever watched my own play back with everyone face up and you can see where you went wrong/got lucky.  At the time I realised I was running good with my cards, but didn't realise how bad my opponents cards were in limit hold'em.

There are some other bits of run good that you don't realise at the time such as raising with in NL hold'em and getting 3 bet and then deciding not to shove when I think I was chip leader (he had 10s).  There were 2 hands in 2-7 triple draw where I started out worst which could have crippled me.

In limit hold em where I had AT 3 bet and bet twice on a KQ8 board after 3 bet pre which I thought might be wrong at the time (he had a worse ace).  Interesting to see others errors too, one lost their mind with 98s(?) in the SB near the end when I had kings which made the finish much easier.  He was unlucky I had kings, but not at all sure why he called twice to cripple himself.

Definitely a different slant when you can see all the cards face up. In my limited experience, even though it was short handed, was a bit surprised at some of the 2-7 hands that were played quite strong but ran out well for you. Great experience for you I'm sure and a very nice win. GL in Vegas

sola virtus nobilitat
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2023, 02:10:48 PM »

SSo I made it out here.  I did upgrade to upper in the end, but then got shipped to 11A after my original seat broke.  I wouldn't recommend it, it is astonishing how loud cars shuffling is when it is a couple of metres away and you are trying to sleep. I did get a couple of hours sleep in the end which is what I was hoping for.  Would go for either windowless seat in preference (they are marked red on seat guru and remember them been available a couple of hours before the flight.  I have never done a middle row seat, but given how little you look out the window in upper, would choose one of those over 11.  The upside was I was second off the plane and straight through customs with no queue.  I think I would pay the upgrade just for that!

You can order food in advance now and I got a lamb saag which was way better than the standard fare on aeroplanes.  Also ordered a bacchus English white, which was pretty good too (tastes like a floral sauvignon blanc).  Would recommend that too. 

On to the poker, I am playing the O8 limit today.  Don't know what clicked in 8 game, but have cashed 4/8 tournaments since I binked the SCOOP and limit O8 is likely one of my strongest games in that.  So am feeling pretty confident despite not playing a limit O8 tournament for ages.

Other thing to note here is that there is resurfacing for F1 so the taxi went a longer route to avoid it.  I wasn't long hauled as we went the other side of the strip from the freeway, but could see the chaos when we got near the strip.  Am definitely aiming to leave early to register. 

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2023, 02:41:55 PM »

Good luck out there Doobs.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: