blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:36:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Covers by your fav artists you love - In other words Nirvana's topic in reverse
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Covers by your fav artists you love - In other words Nirvana's topic in reverse  (Read 1713 times)
Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« on: December 24, 2022, 08:50:07 AM »

As it's Christmas I wanted to give you all a gift. Of course it has to be the M word.

I could have done the Carol of The Bells, but I thought no, leave that for Xmas day So I leave you with something to get your feet tapping so you can all go out doing your Xmas shopping with 2 hours to go and cause panic as guys usually do. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/L7BjF2rceTw 

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2022, 09:08:35 AM »

As it's Christmas I wanted to give you all a gift. Of course it has to be the M word.

I could have done the Carol of The Bells, but I thought no, leave that for Xmas day So I leave you with something to get your feet tapping so you can all go out doing your Xmas shopping with 2 hours to go and cause panic as guys usually do. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/L7BjF2rceTw 

Thanks Shaz.

Marillion? You sure?

This is much older, & much much better.

I saw this line-up at Wembley Empire Pool having paid a tout a fortune for my ticket. Enjoyed it so much I did the same the next night.

Not long after that I saw a surprisingly good 10CC concert at the same venue.

What memories.   

Merry Christmas all.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2022, 12:44:25 PM »

Not many bands make me wish I was as old as Tikay and could have seen in their pomp, but early Faces wold be in the line up

Merry Xmas

sola virtus nobilitat
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2022, 01:34:21 PM »

Not many bands make me wish I was as old as Tikay and could have seen in their pomp, but early Faces wold be in the line up

Merry Xmas

Ditto

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2022, 12:49:38 PM »

Thanks Shaz.

Marillion? You sure?

I saw this line-up at Wembley Empire Pool having paid a tout a fortune for my ticket. Enjoyed it so much I did the same the next night.

What memories.  

Merry Christmas all.

I guess I didn't say it very well! It was meant to be covers by a band you love which in your opinion are better than the original artist which you don't.

The Faces were one that got away from me but I did see some cracking acts. Surely there must be an old thread somewhere about your fist/fav/worst/last gig on here. I must look.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2022, 12:51:55 PM by Supernova » Logged

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2022, 01:58:19 PM »

Thanks Shaz.

Marillion? You sure?

What memories.  

Merry Christmas all.

I guess I didn't say it very well! It was meant to be covers by a band you love which in your opinion are better than the original artist which you don't.

The Faces were one that got away from me but I did see some cracking acts. Surely there must be an old thread somewhere about your fist/fav/worst/last gig on here. I must look.

Nah, my mistake Shaz, not yours. I speed-read everything.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2022, 03:42:42 PM »

I don't dislike the original, and I'm a fan of The Jam, but I've always thought that this version is better than the original.  There's more anger in it, which fits with the lyrics of the song.

Clearly a very biased viewpoint, as a huge Carter USM fan (the username might have been a clue to this), but even the hardcore Jam fans I know don't dislike it, although not all of them would agree that it's better than the original.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/gryavBnLRmI

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2022, 04:02:01 PM »

This doesn't quite fit in either thread, as it's a cover of a song from a film, but well worth a listen, IMO.

Belly - Trust In Me (from Disney's The Jungle Book, as sung by Kaa the snake).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOlR_9Y5IyY

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2022, 04:11:54 PM »

One more, before I stop digging them out!

I love The Airborne Toxic Event.  Hugely under-rated band, which I suspect is down to their name suggesting that they're some sort of death metal band.

This is a great live cover of Goodbye Horses by Q Lazzarus.  If the title means nothing to you, then you'll most likely recognise the original from Silence of the Lambs, as the music that Wild Bill dances to naked in his hideout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2ikVOOxxtc

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: