blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:40:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  FULL VERSION: Stu Rutter, WSOP Staking Package, including the Main Event, at 1.0
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 ... 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: FULL VERSION: Stu Rutter, WSOP Staking Package, including the Main Event, at 1.0  (Read 24527 times)
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: July 07, 2023, 09:27:18 AM »

We made it. $10k
bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 07, 2023, 09:30:16 AM »

c,est magnifique mon ami
Numpty Dumpty

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 07, 2023, 09:34:28 AM »

đŸ’Ș👍😎
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 07, 2023, 09:34:56 AM »

Kind of hoping our French friend blew up and mini bubbled.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #304 on: July 07, 2023, 09:36:02 AM »

it's always the bloody French!

have fun do wins please.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 07, 2023, 09:42:30 AM »

Great comeback Stu!

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 07, 2023, 10:07:31 AM »

Main satellite

So, yes, made it, got the 10k

We got lucky! Required winning a four way all in on the bubble with A9, and, ridiculously, flopping 999. And then, on the second mini bubble (difference between 8k and 10k), being all in with AA vs J6 on KJ6J, and indeed Getting there on the KJ6JA.

Rest of it was all a bit rubbish. Don't think I'll play any more satellites. The full recap

- In hindsight (and it should have been more obvious at the time what the consequences might be, it all started in the "clock" pot. French guy pulls his (completely ethical) little trick of calling the clock,  I take it as weakness and 3bet, he out plays me, 4bets and wins

- Now, the body language starts, and doesn't really stop for the next hour. Stare downs that became so regular, that it actually became an effort not to engage. It should actually have dawned on me what effect this would have on the play of the satellite as I get shorter, and French guy's commanding chip lead increases. I don't know want the French is for "English guy bubbles." But, he wanted it

- Irish guy, others shortie, now makes a real point of befriending him. Irish guy was lovely, this was all completely innocent from him. Rob texts me "damm, you need to befriend the French guy." Rob is completely right. But, this is where satellites just have a flaw. A battle of who is friends with whom is a ridiculous one.

- French guy blind raises my blind every time. French guy stares me down as he gives the Irish shortie a walk. i just keep my head down, and hope to get through

-But now I sense that the American guy on my left is sensing it all. And it turns out, he really is. He turns out to be a legend. In fact, too much of one. In the middle of him saying all the right things to the French guy about how what he is doing is completely unethical, something bizarre happens. He, completely needlessly and completely incorrectly, moves in for his safe 85k stack with AK. I'm almost sure he knows how unnecessary this is. I'm almost sure he was doing it out of some ethical responsibility, mixed with some high emotion. What makes it even more bizarre is that he surely knows the French guy will spite call him. He does, with J6. American guy wins. I still don't feel completely sure what happened there, but, whilst unnecessary, it was really cool of the American guy.

- Heated discussion continues, three way. French guy tries
to make it into an ego battle, about how he will bust me in the Main event tomorrow. I am definitely a little flustered, for this to be Going on in the middle of a tough bubble, but try to Keep completely calm, and explain a couple of times, i could not be any less interested in the ego battle. American guy still really goes for him. All in a fair and correct way

- Its all a bit of a shame on what had been a really friendly table, even if it did bring some interesting drama during a tense spot.

- French guy to be fair, i think did by the end realise that he wasn't in the right. (discussion went on, in a softer way, during the smaller bubble). To be fair, whilst an ego player, I don't think any part of intended to actually cheat. He was just enjoying the "playing God" situation that a satellite brings to a monster chip leader, albeit doing so clearly in an unethical way.

Anyway, all that matters is the result. Definitely would have made it more gutting to bubble.

Onto day two of the Main tomorrow, where, as they say in France, que sera, sera.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2023, 10:11:23 AM by easypickings » Logged
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 07, 2023, 11:14:33 AM »

Jeez. Horrible situation. Horrible French guy - who probably has erectile dysfunction and personal hygiene issues. Can’t think of any other reasons for such unethical behaviour. Well, apart from the fact that he’s French. Did he start on you only once he realised that you’re “le roast boeuf”?

Loving the updates as always. Really looking forward to Day 2. Trusting that you’re currently pushing out some serious zeds

bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 07, 2023, 04:24:08 PM »

just hendon mobbed tonights table for anyone interested. stu is seat 9.

seat 1 ronald mcginnity  has biggest stack, and by far best finishes , 486k total cashes. 30th in main 2015 plus some very deep runs in huge fields.

seat 2 steven  filipovic 140k total cashes , most from a 1st place  for 53k in 2018.

seat 3 raphael poss 3k total cashes.

seat 4 sebastian harasim 44k total cashes.

seat 5 hiroki nakagawa zero cashes.

seat 6 william mitchell 132k total cashes.

seat  7 shawn beaupre 2k total cashes.

seat 8 alida veliu she has  324k total cashes going back 17 years. half of that one cash in 2013

best of luck stu
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 07, 2023, 07:06:23 PM »

just hendon mobbed tonights table for anyone interested. stu is seat 9.

seat 1 ronald mcginnity  has biggest stack, and by far best finishes , 486k total cashes. 30th in main 2015 plus some very deep runs in huge fields.

seat 2 steven  filipovic 140k total cashes , most from a 1st place  for 53k in 2018.

seat 3 raphael poss 3k total cashes.

seat 4 sebastian harasim 44k total cashes.

seat 5 hiroki nakagawa zero cashes.

seat 6 william mitchell 132k total cashes.

seat  7 shawn beaupre 2k total cashes.

seat 8 alida veliu she has  324k total cashes going back 17 years. half of that one cash in 2013

best of luck stu

Thanks So much for this. And thank you that it seems to bring good news! Ironically,  outright zero in cashes (seat 5) I would say isn't necessarily good news! Always have to wonder what is behind that. Will update
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 07, 2023, 07:11:19 PM »

Bookkeeping

We are in for

-10k Deuce
- 2.5k Big Bet Mix
- $400 Deepstack
- 2* $1.1k mega
- 2*$2175 mega
- 10k Main event (result currently unknown!)

So we are in for $29,450

We are out for

-$14870 Big Bet mix
- $10k in satty

So we are out for $24,870, with Main still to come
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 07, 2023, 07:19:25 PM »

Grinding away well Stu

Very best of luck
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 07, 2023, 08:17:27 PM »

Main event day 2

More delayed starts. 12:20 and still waiting. Nice to talk to the table, they all seem pleasant

Think we've run good on the table draw again, and don't think we'll be breaking for a while.
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 07, 2023, 08:30:55 PM »

$10,000 Main event

Very encouraging signs. Limps, small bets, surprising check downs, etc

Won the first hand. Raise  button , big blind defends

He checks, I just go big (almost no need for balance at these tables). Bet 3k, quick fold

easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 07, 2023, 08:34:40 PM »

$10,000 Main event day two

We're giving the table an 8.5 out of 10.

Think the value will all be in nittiness, missed bluffs and missed value, rather than outright gifts
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 ... 50 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: