blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:36:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Stu Rutter WSOP Europe 2023 package, selling at 1.07
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stu Rutter WSOP Europe 2023 package, selling at 1.07  (Read 7714 times)
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: November 12, 2023, 05:51:09 PM »

Dinner break. 220k. Had the potential to be spectacular twice ,but I pressed the non spectacular buttons. May have Spursed it, may have got it right. Coming back to 4kBB
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 12, 2023, 06:45:33 PM »

221k , average is 267k, with 299 of 799 left
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 12, 2023, 07:06:17 PM »

Involved in three back to back pots

1) UTG raise 7 handed. I have and decide to flat, rather than get in 55bb

goes check check

. He bets 18k into 30k. Close. AQ and AT shouldn't really delayed Cbet. But, call

three clubs.

He tanks for ever. Theme of the day. But, knuckle eventually hits table. Mine does instantly.

AK is good.

A bet would have been tough decision, but I think I have to call.

2) German raises cutoff, i have in BB. Decide to 3bet to 3.5x

Two Diamonds three diamonds us ugly, but 22k into 60k mercifully gets through

3)

in small blind. UTG1 raise 7 handed, German call UTG2. Should in theory squeeze, but a few things favour call. BB comes, four way

Lead 18k into 34k. People defend badly against multi way leads.

However, it appears they didn't have much. Three quick folds

Up to peak of 320k, let's go
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 12, 2023, 07:41:15 PM »

Nicked a nice one 3way, with turn probe of two spades on J754r. 302k
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 12, 2023, 07:47:18 PM »

easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 12, 2023, 08:20:29 PM »

5th break. 301k. Average is 305k with 267/815 left
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 12, 2023, 08:51:40 PM »

Nasty one. Open T8dd on seemingly passive rec BB. Qd5d4c5c, double barrel 12k and 35k. Get check raised on the turn, but small, to 76k. Puke. Looks weird. Hard to be house. Likely a 5. Something feels Bluffy. Thing I have to lay down. 230k
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 12, 2023, 08:52:03 PM »

Get some back with 22k bet with QTo on AK3 3way. 250k
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 12, 2023, 09:13:43 PM »

€10000 Main Event

I'm sadly out

Horrible cooler

Have my first big hand, in hijack, 255k deep.

Lojack opens to 12k. There's some history now. Make it 35k.There is hope. He doesn't 3bet, but he does flat.

83k in pot. 220k deep

three diamonds

He checks. I bet 45k, to leave almost exactly pot sized bet.

He makes it 110k.

The non all -in sizing isn't the best news. But, whilst I'm always open to getting away, there's just no way here. Only two combos of KTs, three threes, and not even all the sets of tens, as they may have done something pre.

All in, call

He does have one of the two KT suited combos.

Still 28% hope. But, no good

three diamonds Two Clubs

A disappointing week. A very disappointing way for it to finish. 18 hours in, and just get coolered with no decision.

Thanks for the support guys

Numbers to follow.

Stu x
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 12, 2023, 10:04:30 PM »

Bookkeeping

We entered

€5000 PLO
3*€1650 Six Max
3* €1100 Mystery Bounty
€2000 8game mix
2*€1100 Turbo Bounty
€10,350 Main event

For a total buy in of  €27,800

Priced at 1.07, that total buy -in is €29,746

We cashed for:

€8,625, in the 5k PLO

Price of package was €37,022. Therefore, there is a refund of €7,276 for unused re-entries.

Therefore, value of package is €8625+€7276, which is €15901. Converted at the current rate, that is £13907

So, to come Back:

1%= £139.07

10%=£1390.70

etc

easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 12, 2023, 10:50:30 PM »

€10000 Main Event

I'm sadly out

Horrible cooler

Have my first big hand, in hijack, 255k deep.

Lojack opens to 12k. There's some history now. Make it 35k.There is hope. He doesn't 3bet, but he does flat.

83k in pot. 220k deep

three diamonds

He checks. I bet 45k, to leave almost exactly pot sized bet.

He makes it 110k.

The non all -in sizing isn't the best news. But, whilst I'm always open to getting away, there's just no way here. Only two combos of KTs, three threes, and not even all the sets of tens, as they may have done something pre.

All in, call

He does have one of the two KT suited combos.

Still 28% hope. But, no good

three diamonds Two Clubs

A disappointing week. A very disappointing way for it to finish. 18 hours in, and just get coolered with no decision.

Thanks for the support guys

Numbers to follow.

Stu x

*Doesn't 4bet
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 13, 2023, 11:36:37 AM »

€10000 Main event

Boom, got Kabhrel penultimate hand of day. Thrilled with this one

His opening sizings has been fairly open book. He's talking relentlessly (obviously). The speech to me seems to be that he thinks
I'm nitty. 80% that that's true

He opens but to 2.8k at 1.2kbb. I have in the SB. Sizing probably week. He's 128k deep. I make it 10k

Speech. Call

Two Diamonds. Bet 12k into 23k

Speech. He makes it 24k

It really feels like this is a writing off of me doing anything agressive. Possibly not, possibly he's on a different level.

But I think I have to. Make it 55k

Speech. Call

He has 58k behind, 134k in pot

Two Diamonds

I think it's such a good spot to leverage bluff. If it's what it seems, he's writing off the chance of me doing so. Bet 38k into 134k

Speech. Fold. Phew

246,500 to finish the day

No rush (after the tournament win is fine), but would you explain the leverage bluff point for me, please?

38k into 134k, when the villain only has half a pot behind at the turn, leaving 20k behind if he calls: why is this better than shoving?

Not a criticism. Genuinely interested as this seems like a situation where you don't have enough to get a river fold, unless it's total air on his part.

Hey Simon, yes, good question! Leverage I guess was technically the correct term, but used in the wrong context.

When I bet 38k of his remaining 60k, then, yes, both it is almost all of it, so not the classic leverage spot, and also, I will (super sigh) call if it does move all in, given 14:1

One thing that I may be wrong with, but do absolutely swear by, is that, against a new opponent, and possibly playing a slightly naive image myself as the middle aged Dad I am now, then, when effectively moving all in pre or post, the move of not quite going all in can work wonders. It can confuse the count, sometimes look stronger (even though it should be obvious that it is exactly the same), and I find just maybe carry a psychological effect of making a fold more likely. It's definitely worked both ways over the years, but I feel with more success than failure.

In that hand, there was also the worry of not knowing what his rebuy situation was - I knew he had somewhat recently finished 6th in the 50k, but wasn't fully sure that it was only his first bullet (only one rebuy was allowed). There was some fear that he may just "give up" on his final 60k chips, and stick it in, but luckily wasn't the case.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 13, 2023, 02:08:22 PM »

€10000 Main event

His opening sizings has been fairly open book. He's talking relentlessly (obviously). The speech to me seems to be that he thinks

He opens but to 2.8k at 1.2kbb. I have in the SB. Sizing probably week. He's 128k deep. I make it 10k

Speech. Call

Speech. He makes it 24k

It really feels like this is a writing off of me doing anything agressive. Possibly not, possibly he's on a different level.

Speech. Call

Two Diamonds

I think it's such a good spot to leverage bluff. If it's what it seems, he's writing off the chance of me doing so. Bet 38k into 134k

Speech. Fold. Phew

No rush (after the tournament win is fine), but would you explain the leverage bluff point for me, please?

38k into 134k, when the villain only has half a pot behind at the turn, leaving 20k behind if he calls: why is this better than shoving?

Not a criticism. Genuinely interested as this seems like a situation where you don't have enough to get a river fold, unless it's total air on his part.

Hey Simon, yes, good question! Leverage I guess was technically the correct term, but used in the wrong context.

When I bet 38k of his remaining 60k, then, yes, both it is almost all of it, so not the classic leverage spot, and also, I will (super sigh) call if it does move all in, given 14:1

One thing that I may be wrong with, but do absolutely swear by, is that, against a new opponent, and possibly playing a slightly naive image myself as the middle aged Dad I am now, then, when effectively moving all in pre or post, the move of not quite going all in can work wonders. It can confuse the count, sometimes look stronger (even though it should be obvious that it is exactly the same), and I find just maybe carry a psychological effect of making a fold more likely. It's definitely worked both ways over the years, but I feel with more success than failure.

In that hand, there was also the worry of not knowing what his rebuy situation was - I knew he had somewhat recently finished 6th in the 50k, but wasn't fully sure that it was only his first bullet (only one rebuy was allowed). There was some fear that he may just "give up" on his final 60k chips, and stick it in, but luckily wasn't the case.

This idea of betting half the opponent’s stack came up on The Chip Race a while back. I think it was O’Kearney who felt that people were more likely to fold when they would be left with shrapnel than if they were simply out.
Glad it worked for you anyway. Best trip reports ever.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 13, 2023, 06:19:10 PM »

€10000 Main event

Speech. Call

Speech. He makes it 24k

Speech. Call

Two Diamonds

Speech. Fold. Phew

This idea of betting half the opponent’s stack came up on The Chip Race a while back. I think it was O’Kearney who felt that people were more likely to fold when they would be left with shrapnel than if they were simply out.
Glad it worked for you anyway. Best trip reports ever.

Ah, that is very interesting, and will be seeking out that exact episode!
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 13, 2023, 08:05:48 PM »

Thanks for the answer, Stu.

Less so for the Spursy thing...

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: