blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:32:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  past blonde Bashes
| | | |-+  Glasgow Blonde bash...hotel deal, travel and updated information
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Glasgow Blonde bash...hotel deal, travel and updated information  (Read 18226 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: February 15, 2006, 05:39:45 PM »

HOTELS:

As you may have gathered we have had a great deal of trouble securing a suitable hotel deal for the weekend of 18th/19th March.....contributory factors include Celtic in the CIS Final and it being St Patricks weekend. Some hotels have advised me that they are already full. IF YOU ARE TRAVELLING TO GLASGOW AND NEED HOTEL ACCOMODATION PLEASE BOOK EARLY

We do though, thanks to Cybertim, have something to help. Here is an extract of a PM from him to me:

"We have also found the central booking link for other Glasgow hotels which if you book and quote reference cybertimscsc "they should be able to provide a discount as they are in the same group as the tulip and according to the staff at the Tulip SHOULD honour the discount but I cannot verify this.  Here is the link for the central booking which you may want to use..

http://www.centralr.com/Glasgow_Hotels.html

I have the  link above will give a list of available hotels which MIGHT be of use"

Cybertim as you may know runs a big Celtic website and he has an existing hotel discount scheme in operation with the Tulip Hotel. This is full though...hence the link to a wider range of hotels provided above where you can get the same discount.

In general though we are forseeing us visitors being in a range of hotels and thus activities on the Saturday will be in Cincinnatis (you can do wonders for the bar takings and drink it dry!) unlike Birmingham where we all decamped back to the Marriott

TRAVEL

Is straightforward

www.easyjet.com

www.ryanair.com

are likely to be the best bets for most of us

UPDATE

i) As elblondie said on the previous stickied thread we are considering, as numbers increase quickly, splitting the main competition into two flights. A) 3-6pm and B) 6.30-9.30pm with all remaining runners amalgamating into one field at 10pm. We'll keep you in touch on this, and if we opt for this route we'll ask nearer the time who can make 3pm on the Saturday and who can't. That will be the first criteria for a draw for who is in which flight.

If we adopt this, we wouldn't need alternates or reserve lists and everyone could come along guranteed of a seat. Double chance would be the format. Watch this space.

ii) The Hamilton comp on the Sunday is open to all, with 25% of the prize pool going to Scottish Youth Football. Well, they have to start somewhere I suppose. We have had the idea that as many people as possible should wear their football shirts to the event. Ironside had the further idea that you should swap shirts with the person who knocked you out. My camera would be on hand to record for posterity Scottish Dave in RFC's shirt, and you would chuckle at me trying to get into Snoopy's Villa shirt. Ironside's idea is for the moment on the backburner!

Any questions, shout 

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
elblondie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 06:20:41 PM »

lol

flybe...do cheap BHX to Glasgow flights

i'll walk a million miles for one of your goals
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 06:24:57 PM »

BA is quoting from £71 return BHX to GLA
flybe is quoting £91 return

thats flying into glasgow on the saturday and home on the monday

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 06:30:23 PM »

london to glasgow is from £71 return for stanstead try air berlin
gatwick BA
heathrow BMI all at £71

easy jet do luton to glasgow for £61
i think they do stanstead for about same price

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2006, 07:03:08 PM »

this has been posted on previous stickie as well:

To be honest guys as long as you get a hotel in the city your not going to be any more than £4 in a private taxi from your Hotel to the CinCin.  There are regular buses from Buchanan Street, Central Station and Hope Bothwell Street to Glasgow International.

Anyone travelling to Prestwick its about £25 in a taxi.  And theres a regular train to and from Central Station if you book with Ryanair you get a return on the train for about £3.25.

Realistically you could get a Hotel in either the West End, City Centre or even look at various guest houses in the Southside and East of the city and for the majority in a private hire taxi your talking maximum of £8 to cin cin. 

Once you lot are all booked up post details of hotels and arrivals and departures and I am sure there will be many of the Glasgow mob happy to show you around.

I am off work Friday and the Monday so more than happy to make sure you all get around safely.

lazaroonie

Your a dead man Den Watts !!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2006, 08:11:30 PM »

For those in the East Midlands, you can fly to Glasgow with BMIBaby.

The blog of my friend Colchester Kev
http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/
Solver

I don't like to fold!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2006, 08:23:39 PM »

I just booked the TravelLodge in Paisley road which I'm informed is under a mile from both the train station and Cin-Cins.

For those who are interested it was £45 per night for a family room (1 double, 1 single, 1 pull-out sofa).

I'm just coming up for the Friday an Saturday, probably head back after the quiz on Sunday.

Stu
Geist

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2006, 08:36:04 PM »

I take it is ok to post this:
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/flightchecker/

Put in where your flying to, dates etc and it searcing though Ryanair, BMIBaby, Air Wales, Norwegian Air, SkyEurope, Thomsonfly and Flybe. Easyjet did not allow them to include them. It is pretty good just watch the last time it searched as prices might have went up since.

Also if any one is going to use easyjet and there more than 3 of you check prices if book as a group or as 2 and 1 as they seem to have lower prices if you split the group into smaller ones.

The two sweetest words in the English language: de-fault!  De-fault!  De-fault!
Jim-D

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2006, 08:39:04 PM »

I just booked the TravelLodge in Paisley road which I'm informed is under a mile from both the train station and Cin-Cins.

For those who are interested it was £45 per night for a family room (1 double, 1 single, 1 pull-out sofa).

I'm just coming up for the Friday an Saturday, probably head back after the quiz on Sunday.

Stu

Is this closer than the "Glasgow Central" Travelodge on hill street?
lazaroonie

Your a dead man Den Watts !!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2006, 08:49:24 PM »

yes Jim-D.

I guess if you have booked the wrong one you will have a bad case of the "hill street blues"

seriously, its not too far away, about "a bluey in a joe baxi".

The blog of my friend Colchester Kev
http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/
Jim-D

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2006, 09:01:33 PM »

Its ok i have cancelled the Central and booked in to paisley road.

Im staying on both saturday and sunday nights,  Really looking forward to meeting you all

thumbs up
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 09:03:14 PM by Jim-D » Logged
Poppet7
Little Madam!

Lucky Lady

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2006, 12:23:31 AM »

OK, I've booked the Paisley Rd Travelodge for Friday and Saturday night. Smiley
Just the flight to sort now....

ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2006, 01:21:39 AM »

could it not have been the following weekend?
wouldn't that have been easier?

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2006, 01:31:35 AM »

Clashes with big festival main event at the Vic. Can't have a blonde bash without the main hombre....

In fact this is one of the few weekends free from festival main events

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2006, 01:38:44 AM »

ahhhh, i doubt i can book up for a couple of weeks yet, so looking VERY doubtful.........

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: