blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:05:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  The EWSOP Vienna - Day Two LIVE UPDATE
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The EWSOP Vienna - Day Two LIVE UPDATE  (Read 37497 times)
AlrightJack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: March 03, 2006, 10:52:31 PM »

Jim Kerrigan is out.

He had 82k after the last break, about double the average stack.

Pocket tens, he raises 6,000. Guy moves all in over the top for another 28k to call. Any other player he would pass to but he describes hi oppo as a panic merchant. So he calls. His Spanish opponent has pocket fives.

Flop...

Turn ...

Suddenly half of Barcelona descends and no 5 on the river means Jim loses the pot and almost half his stack.

The next chapter in Jim's demise follows shortly.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 11:32:10 PM by AlrightJack » Logged
AlrightJack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: March 03, 2006, 10:58:13 PM »

Three hands later Jim is in the sb. Its folded round to him. He looks down to find

He raises 3,000 with another 37,000 left behind.

BB calls.

Flop

He trap checks his top pair. BB bets 3,000.

Jim reraises another 9,000.

His quiet oriental opponent pushes all-in.

Its only 5,000 for Jim to call, so its a compulsory one, but the alarm bells couldn't be ringing any louder, according to Jim (he's beginning to smile now as he's telling me this one)

The oriental guy turns over his inevitable pocket sevens and after a blank turn and river Jim is sitting with 21k left and a silly, if somehwat disgruntled look on his face.
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 03, 2006, 11:03:59 PM »

One of a trio of friends who journeyed here for the EWSOP (and the shortest stack all day) has made quite a comeback - pictured here one of his friends gave his name as Santi but not being on the list I will verify when he's not listening to his ipod!

Anyway, Len Collin raised with  , and this fellow moved in with  .  There was again a very excited band of watchers as the flop brought the Jack, but the turn the 10 for a set and a double through.  And the crowd went wild!  Well, perhaps not the Irish crowd, but at least a crowd.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 03, 2006, 11:05:15 PM »

Another table has been disbanded, and the final 36 are nicely condensed in one corner of the Concord.  This venue is just the right size, with no stairs and a constant supply of food and card games.  Lovely.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: March 03, 2006, 11:07:32 PM »

A new man challenging for the chip lead is Tim Miles who has climbed up to 161.5k.

He has the biggest pile of chips, but just the one blue 5k chip.

His last hand saw him call an all-in move with . His opponent flipped over and was relatively happy with the flop.

The turn was also a blank, but he looked gutted when Miles spiked the on the river.
AlrightJack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: March 03, 2006, 11:07:54 PM »

part 3 of the Jim Kerrigan saga...

His big blind is called by an early position raiser. Two of them in the pot. This guy has been annoying Jim for a while - shouts when he wins pot, no grace, in short he's French.

Jim is holding

Flop Two Clubs

checkity check

Turn is

checkity check

River

Jim checks, French guy raises 4k.

Jim then asks him 'do you have sixes?'. To his astonshment he says no, I've got an ace but I'm worried about my kicker, its only a ten.

'RULING'!

Big TK saunters over. Jim asks him, 'this player has just declared his hand to me'

Protestations abound, everyone has an opinion. The eventual ruling after 10 mins or so of deliberation is that he has broken the rules by declaring the hand, but because he didn't know the rules, TK rules that the bet stands. But, if Jim calls and he has got AT, the French guy will suffer a penalty, although the penalty is not specified.

TK says he has ruled against Jim because he has tricked this player into declaring his hand.

Jim passes. No action is taken. The hand is not shown.

Nearly over, I promise....

« Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 11:34:15 PM by AlrightJack » Logged
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: March 03, 2006, 11:08:08 PM »

34 players remaining.
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 03, 2006, 11:13:07 PM »

For the elimination of the 38th and 37th place, the atmosphere suddenly got all rowdy, with shouts of "Yes!" and "Arggh" so loud that lots of people just standing at the bar started drifting over anticipating something like a fight.  But it was the victors making the noise as short stacks doubled or exited.  Perhaps the tension in the room may start to rise above tepid (if tension is describable in heat words) as they approach the money.

AlrightJack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: March 03, 2006, 11:15:54 PM »

Part 4

Jim is down to 17k and the verbal between him and the French guy from part 3 continues and escalates over the course of the next few hands, until the French guy makes an utg all in raise with 28k on Jim's small blind.

Jim calls instantly. The big blind swiftly gets out of the way. The Frenchie turns over A8 off, '"slamming it down like its the absolute nuts"

Rather slowly but not rolly Jim turns over his pocket aces and "as only a french person could" shouts out loud

"give me a straight"

"Don't beg" retorts Jim, which sends the French guy berserk.

No straight appears and now they have swapped stacks.

2 hands later the French guy gets knocked out and after leaving the table comes back and asks Jim

"I want to know what your name eez!"

To which Jim replied "They call me Jimmy Vegas"

"I remember you Jimmy Vegas, we will meet again" says the French guy, wagging a finger.

At which point the dealer says "Oi Jimmy Vegas, where's your ante?"

Blimey, there's more to come....

« Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 11:35:47 PM by AlrightJack » Logged
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 03, 2006, 11:18:14 PM »

part 3 of the Jim Kerrigan saga...

His big blind is called by an early position raiser. Two of them in the pot. This guy has been annoying Jim for a while - shouts when he wins pot, no grace, in short he's French.

Jim is holding

Flop Two Clubs

checkity check

Turn is

checkity check

River

Jim checks, French guy raises 4k.

Jim then asks him 'do you have sixes?'. To his astonshment he says no, I've got an ace but I'm worried about my kicker, its only a ten.

'RULING'!

Big TK saunters over. Jim asks him, 'this player has just declared his hand to me'

Protestations abound, everyone has an opinion. The eventual ruling after 10 mins or so of deliberation is that he has broken the rule sby declaring the hand, but because he didn't know the rules, TK rules that the bet stands but if Jim calls and he has got AT, the French guy will suffer a penalty, but does not specify what the penalty will be'.

TK says he has rules against Jim because he has tricked this player into declaring his hand.

Jim passes. No action is taken. The hand is not shown.

nearly over, I promise....

I heard exactly the other side of this story from the friends of the Spanish guy (I think one of us has the wrong nationality, but I'm pretty sure) -

He apparently thought anything could be said at the table, especially as he was encouraged to talk about his hand, and the fact that he told (ostensibly) the truth and was about to get punished for it incensed his supporters, who ended by saying "We don't think you should say anything like this at the table anyway.  It's not sportsmanlike."  So they're both wrong...?

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 03, 2006, 11:20:08 PM »

Part 4

Jim is down to 17k and the verbal between him and the French guy from part 3 continues and escalates over the course of the next few hands, until the French guy makes an utg all in raise with 28k on Jim's small blind.

Jim calls instantly. The big blind swiftly gets out of the way. The Frenchie turns over A8 off, 'slamming it doen like its the absolute nuts' Rather slowly but not rolly Jim turns over his pocket aces and 'as only a french person could' shout out loud

"give me a straight"

"Don't beg" retorts Jim, which sends the French guy berserk.

No straight appears and now they have swapped stack.

2 hands later the French guy gets knocked out and after leaving the table comes back and asks Jim

"I want to know what your name eez!"

To which Jim replied "They call me Jimmy Vegas"

"I remember you Jimmy Vegas, we will meet again" says the French guy, wagging a finger.

At which point the dealer says "Oi Jimmy Vegas, where's your ante?"

blimey, there's more to come....

Great story Jon 

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: March 03, 2006, 11:20:14 PM »

Nate Keeley is OUT.

Eliminated by Mary Ann Hayes.

I didn't quite see what Nate had, but there was an ooh from the table on when the river 5 joined a board of 9-6-A-K.

With Hayes holding 9-4, I can't quite work out what he had. Pair of fours or sixes maybe?
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 03, 2006, 11:21:02 PM »

Mary Ann Hayes is fairly lucky to still be in after her all-in A9 beat David Bagheri's AQ when she was nearly down to the felt... she knows that, though, and it looks like that bit of good fortune has given her a kind of kick start.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 03, 2006, 11:22:34 PM »

And here sat shortstack Nate pre-exit.  Cheerful to the bitter end.  Hard luck, sir.

Jim-D

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 03, 2006, 11:23:36 PM »

Awwwww  Unlucky big man
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: