blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:34:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Brighton Festival Were Off
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brighton Festival Were Off  (Read 9068 times)
Belgariad

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2005, 03:03:00 PM »

Hi Mr Moves , me and Eugene are heading down there in about an hours time

What is london poker gear?? lol

We're not looking for leather trousers and dodgy waistcoat are we Smiley hehe

See u down there
Mel

ps 100 rebuy tourney tonight, tomorrow is 300 freezeout , friday is VC Cup satellite 1 seat guaranteed and Saturday is the 750 freezeout WITH FREE BUFFET Smiley
MrMoves
It's not the principle, it's the money

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2005, 03:08:59 PM »

LOL!

Cheeky.

London Poker Club, our sponsors.  White shirts, beige coloured cap, very nice  Roll Eyes

No free buffet for the 300 freezeout?  That's terrible news.
Pontecarlo

hello there

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2005, 04:51:30 PM »

well played pineapple head

sorry dad ive got the nuts
ericstoner

Winner of the Stars $200 sunday biggy, RU APAT Ire

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2005, 09:58:28 AM »

I'm glad you're all looking forward to the free buffet, its quite nice , feels a gap.But caution here...

Blonde Hall of fame inductee,October 2007.
ericstoner

Winner of the Stars $200 sunday biggy, RU APAT Ire

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2005, 10:09:03 AM »

Sorry did'nt finish post... the caution is sat afternoon will be full of one table sats for the evening 750 tourny. also there may even be a 50 super saterlite. so you may miss your nosh.
Bye the way Mel I hope my generous donation of all my stack, when my KK was up against your JJ. Both of us nearly allin........and yep you guessed Mel spikes the Jack on the flop.
Well done for Monday, and did you go on to greater things on Wednesday?

Blonde Hall of fame inductee,October 2007.
goonner

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2005, 07:26:50 PM »

latest news Wednesday's game

100 re-buy

Nothing new happened Eugene busted out holding a big pocket pair Cry

Mel chops the cash when heads up and picks up 6900 Grin
way to go Mel keep it coming

When are you going to start teaching Eugene how to play Roll Eyes
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2005, 07:27:35 PM »

Nice touch Mel

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2005, 07:27:08 AM »

Wow Mel you are on a roll... so it's not true that you can just win $3 satellites then:)

Exorcism

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2005, 09:52:48 PM »

MrMoves came 4th for 3,200. Brilliant play. I won't mention my helping hand to him after two hours which put me out!

I am not sure who the three left in were but hopefully someone will enlighten us.

Censored by the powers that be!
Exorcism

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2005, 09:54:01 PM »

I am talking about the 300 Freezeout btw

Censored by the powers that be!
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2005, 09:12:37 AM »

Back from Brighton.... so much to catch up on. Looks like it is been a fun session in LV

How did Brighton go Robert, full sp please

Well: I met up with Jo, Malc_M and Paul (aka Marra (!?!)). We all had a go at the Super Sat for tomorrows (err today's) 750. I wasn't making any headway coming towards the end of the rebuy period and saw a one and only STT for the same prize getting booked up quickly, went all in , busted out and got the final seat by skin of teeth, (we couldn't put our name down for the STT if we were still in the main Sat) . Jo and Marra gut busted out of the Sat soon after and were giving a new blackjack dealer palpitations after that. I got knocked out of STT when trying a cheeky on Paul Davis's big blind, I am sure there is something in the rules that if someone wants to nick the big blind the latter can't fire KK back at the potential thief, just not cricket. Anyway Malc_M gets kicked out on the bubble of the main Sat. Viv Williams was also in the Main Sat and got himself kicked out to join the STT. Viewers will remember Mr Williams from the Walsall final table ( http://www.blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=673.msg16543#msg16543 ).

The main attraction was to be the Sat for the VC Cup but the sponsors had seemingly been a little mean and there was just a single seat, winner takes all sort of thing. So, for a bit of fun, we travel of to the Grosvener and play in the the 10 rebuy Pot Limit. I met Mel and Eugene for the first time as we were leaving. Hwoever I should add that I did make use of the massuesse that Vic Chandler had laid on for over stressed poker players. Grin

In the Grosvenor we saw a couple of faces from the Rendezvous, including Mr Williams, who had been dismantled and rebuilt here. Actually we had a fun time and weren't taking it to seriously, at the break a chap says "Are you lot from Blondepoker?", it was Maroon, (hi Maroon). We all got knocked out eventually, not sure what happened to Jo or Malc as they were on another table, I had the joy of facing Viv across the table, no man has ever stared so hard into my eyes in Brighton before, but I didn't think he wanted a date! First he doubled me up when I had AAs and then, after raising the pot on three successive occasions and taking his small then big blind, he put me all in with my 10s and his Aces didn't improve, neither did my 10s however. Marra also fell to Viv's patented chip remover.

Hope to get back tomorrow, probably not to play but to email updates to ironside.

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
Maroon

Utrinque Paratus

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2005, 08:54:46 AM »

Was good to put faces to screen names.  Smiley

First time at the Grosvenor for me.  Usually play at the Rendevous.

Highlight of the night for me was when a player, who managed to amass a substantial chip stack on a very good run of pairs that stood up 99% of the time, had everyone fold preflop except Robert.  Flop comes 8-8-3.  Robert stares at newcomer and says in a jovial voice "Have you got the 8?"  After looking a bit confused the guy says to the table "Do I have to tell him?"  Shocked

Great night.

If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is.
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2005, 09:58:21 AM »

1. It was worth a try  Grin
2. Why did somebody say "no you don't have to tell"?
3. Why did he not give the info when I promised to keep it between him and me?

Maroon

Utrinque Paratus

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2005, 10:14:52 AM »

It was great that when you asked only then did he check the flop!  He was short term luck at it's most extreme.  He seemed to have a great time so that was good.

If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is.
MrMoves
It's not the principle, it's the money

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2005, 11:43:58 AM »

Who won the 750 freezeout??
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: