blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:29:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  POKERSTARS.COM EPT GRAND FINAL -- MONTE CARLO DAY 2
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: POKERSTARS.COM EPT GRAND FINAL -- MONTE CARLO DAY 2  (Read 108119 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #615 on: March 09, 2006, 11:19:46 PM »

I heard Radu went down 50k

How is he doing now

dan

View Profile
« Reply #616 on: March 09, 2006, 11:19:59 PM »

bad luck jen.

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #617 on: March 09, 2006, 11:20:37 PM »

Fraid so, she's off for a cig now. She's putting on a brave face. Done nothing wrong and got mullered by a bad player.

Hang on a minute, I'm gutted for Jen too, but she's limped on the SB and he's hit a pair and a flush draw.

Them's the breaks. Very unlucky.

She limped, he bet, she reraised, he called.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #618 on: March 09, 2006, 11:21:25 PM »

can you tell me how terrys doin .sausage

Terry Halliwell?
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #619 on: March 09, 2006, 11:21:33 PM »

Very well played Jen, you out lasted a lot of so called stars. You are up there with the best

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
b4matt

View Profile
« Reply #620 on: March 09, 2006, 11:21:55 PM »

Ahhhhhhh ul jen... she's proved what a class act she is again tho, better luck next time babe. x x
jaryja

View Profile
« Reply #621 on: March 09, 2006, 11:23:55 PM »

HOw many players left

Last count was 49
b4matt

View Profile
« Reply #622 on: March 09, 2006, 11:25:59 PM »

Well thats it now only one thing for it...

GO ON GIBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOO

Nem

View Profile
« Reply #623 on: March 09, 2006, 11:28:04 PM »

skalie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #624 on: March 09, 2006, 11:28:17 PM »

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ON GWWWWWWWWWWWWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

My san

ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #625 on: March 09, 2006, 11:28:27 PM »

Gutted for jen, sickening, really fancied her to make the final.

Cruel on bullit pete to after the patience he showed today to get crippled by that trash.
I only left 20 mins ago and evrything looked rosy.

On a lighter issue there was a 20k turbo (15 seconds to act,not sure about the levels) sit and go starting as i left with 12 players, all the usual suspects and some others i didn't recognise.

Great effort tho jen.
b4matt

View Profile
« Reply #626 on: March 09, 2006, 11:28:46 PM »

ONE MOVING SNOOPY'S SO MUCH BETTER
WoollyT

View Profile
« Reply #627 on: March 09, 2006, 11:28:53 PM »

Very well done Jen, you have created a whole new fan base for yourself.
However I think some of the reporting might make more sense if the betting were described accurately. When you bet and someone raises you, that is a raise not a re-raise. A re-raise only occurs if someone raises the raiser.
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #628 on: March 09, 2006, 11:32:38 PM »

Hello there blondes, just a notelet to say how delighted I have been through every minute of this tournament, which has been one of the most fun of my youngish life...

Also, explanation of exit - I did limp-reraise (small blind to big blind), but instead of going all-in or something, I decided to try to get him to call a bit more, rather than push him completely off his bag of spanners.  All the money went in on the flop when he hit the 5 with his 5 7 of spades, and called 50k quicker than you can say "I have a lot of chips."  It all hinged on the flushy river, at which point I was stood up with my eyes closed as I have seen this kind of situation many many times.  I know all about the maths of it on the flop - but I'd still go for trying to get a bit more out of him - a double up if possible, rather than just a little at that point.  Criticism welcome, but this player was the one to double me if anyone was...

SO - it's nap time and then more watching of the poker for a couple of less tense days.  I am really pretty happy with how I've played out here, and I'd do it all again given even a tenth of a chance...

I am already wishing Nick all the luck that remains -

Jen

CardPlayerBJ

American Poker Reporter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #629 on: March 09, 2006, 11:33:44 PM »

Re: Jen's Last Hand

If everybody folds to your small blind, and you have aces, you can limp or raise. I think both are acceptable at that point, because you're already guaranteed to be heads-up. (So there's no need for an isolation raise.) Once the big blind raised, Jen was right to reraise him.

It was a very benign-looking flop, and there's little chance of getting away from it at that point, especially with 14,000 already in the pot. You're hoping your opponent has a pair or a flush draw, but not both. (A set is also a possibility for your opponent, as always.)

I'm as proud of Jen as I was during Deauville -- in fact, she's probably gone up a few notches with another top performance. She's proving she can hang with the best in the world.

It's just unfortunate that my two favorites in the field (Isabelle and Jen) were both painfully mistreated by their own pocket aces today. (Isabelle had them cracked twice in the first level to put her in critical condition.)  Sad
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 ... 53 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: