blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:41:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272480 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  WSOP LIVE UPDATE - DAY FIVE (PROPER)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP LIVE UPDATE - DAY FIVE (PROPER)  (Read 33512 times)
TBatta
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: July 14, 2005, 04:19:41 AM »

No Dinner Break
Log: Now that there are just 29 players remaining, play will continue without a dinner break until we are down to the final three tables (27 players). Then play will end for Day Five, and everyone will get an early night off (we hope), resuming the  World Series of Poker tomorrow at Binion's Horseshoe at 3:00 pm.

Russell Salzer Eliminated in 29th Place ($274,090)
Log: Russell Salzer pushes all-in for his last $290,000 and is called by Oskar Silow.  Silow shows Q-9.  Salzer has K-J.  The board comes 8-7-6-10-3, and Silow makes a straight, eliminating Salzer, and bumping his stack up to almost $1.5 million.

sezzamoo

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 14, 2005, 04:27:31 AM »

Need......to........sleep, come on conor, hang in there.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 14, 2005, 04:35:38 AM »

Message for Greg Reardon from Dad - Dad says Hi, look forward to seeing you on Sunday. xx

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 14, 2005, 04:42:58 AM »

The guys are on a 15 minute break, then they resume the war of attrition. I think we are awaiting one more bustee, then that's it for the night.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 14, 2005, 05:00:35 AM »

The guys are playing again, but it's all Raise and Pass stuff.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 14, 2005, 05:01:33 AM »

Andy Black seems to be on something of a rush, or a stealfest, as he has small-potted his way up to 2,400,000.

The Nugget

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: July 14, 2005, 05:27:54 AM »

Tony for many years i've felt Phil Ivey was one of the best players in the world and this year with equal luck i think he may be a very worthy World Champion...................

How Much can you get on for me !!!!!!!!!

Great Coverage.......Take Care M8

Kind Regards
The Nugget
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 14, 2005, 05:36:29 AM »

Hi Gareth, I agree, he's some player. But Andy Black has impressed, and he's in great shape at the moment.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 14, 2005, 05:45:29 AM »

John McGrane has gradually slipped down the leader board, and he's sure sailing close to the wind right now.

I interviewed this Gentleman for Poker 425 this morning, and he came across as a really lovely, genuine, fella, who was a bit starstruck to find his 10 investment in satellites and qualifiers had ended up like this in Las Vegas.

He left for Vegas last week worrying how to pay a 3,000 tax demand, and now he's looking to take home $300,000 if he can survive one more spot, $275k-ish if not.

He's a London cabbie by trade, and dresses as smartly as any Poker player I have seen. Black shoes, highly polished, a crease in his trousers, beautiful, crisp, new Wm Hill Shirt, smart cap, good manners.

TO BE CONTINUED LATER, BECAUSE THE NEWS IS....

OUT IN 28th SPOT - GREGORY RICE, of BIRMINGHAM ALABAMA
« Last Edit: July 14, 2005, 09:33:46 AM by tikay » Logged

The Nugget

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: July 14, 2005, 05:47:17 AM »

I was going to say i've had the fortune to play with many of the world's great players but really its a mis-fortune they are awesome..
the likes of Negranu Hellmuth Lederer Brunson Reese the late great Stu Ungar and Johnny Moss all class acts but the one guy who made the hairs on the back of neck tingle................................

PHIL IVEY

I just think it would be great if from 5700 odd runners our World Champion could be someone of the class of Ivey

Indeed Tikay Andy Black's seems to be playing great I wish him all the Best...........but do you fancy a 100 last longer bet Ivey vs. Black !!! You know you like taking money off me !!!

Kind Regards
The Nugget
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 14, 2005, 05:55:50 AM »

It is all over for the day - the final player has been eliminated and the remaining 27 are looking forward to coming down to Binion's tomorrow with a guaranteed prize of an amazing $304,680. 

A little notice has suddenly appeared on the press room door notifying us that one hour after play finishes we must have removed all our stuff from here or it will be thrown away.  Brief and to the point.  So we better get the cables and such and remove them before they get chucked. 

Tomorrow we'll be reporting live from Binion's Harrah's ex-horseshoe or whatever it's called now.  See you then.

BlueWolf
Humble Overlord & Master Of All

Kill Me Now

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: July 14, 2005, 06:17:35 AM »

Ivey was one of my picks for the final table and its looking good, amazing a player of his calibre was offered at such high odds not too long ago to get to the final 9

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 14, 2005, 07:51:45 AM »

Just caught up with your reports, looking forward to the last stetch at Binions. Lets hope they treat the non ESPN media better downtown.

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 14, 2005, 09:30:24 AM »

like Gareth says Ivey is in a league of his own, not just for his game but for him classy table image and composure. Other than the English players, I hope he's top the pile and most of all I hope Matusow gets knocked out soon because I couldn't bear that horrible excuse for a human being getting a second more coverage than is absolutely necessary.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 14, 2005, 09:37:24 AM »

Gareth - what odds are you giving me.....? I'll need to consult my bok expert, Mr Ironside.

Adam - Do I get the imnperssion, reading between the lines, that you are not overly keen on Mr Matusow?

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: