blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:58:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  Sponsorship deal for Colchester Kev
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sponsorship deal for Colchester Kev  (Read 57142 times)
AlrightJack

View Profile WWW
« on: April 01, 2006, 11:49:27 AM »

Yes, Blue Square has finally decided to sponsor Kev, but not as a player, as a railbird!

In the last few months the number of players qualifying online at Blue Square for live events has increased significantly, especially for Grosvenor festivals.  At the latest festival at the Vic there were 12 online qualifiers. It has become increasingly difficult to rail all of these by myself and given Kev’s general good nature and popularity on the circuit, Blue Square has agreed to take him on in this specific role.

Kev will have his hotel, travelling and living expenses paid for him during a three month trial period, which may be extended to cover the WSOP in July - if Kev meet certain performance criteria, notably a marked improvement in the results achieved by qualifiers. While there were good performances by online qualifiers towards the end of last year, there have been none of late.

Kev has the option to exchange his ‘expenses’ deal for a ‘5% of any qualifiers’ deal, but he’s waiting to see if the standard of play from qualifiers improves and will make a decision on this after next week’s Luton Springfest.

Well done Kev, glad to have you on board!
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 11:54:25 AM »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRR  well done Kev   

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

b4matt

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 11:56:34 AM »

aaaayyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Thats fantastic kev!...... whats the date..
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 11:58:09 AM »

Well done Kev!!!!!!!
Just one question though, how did you justify this?

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
AlrightJack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2006, 12:00:20 PM »

Well done Kev!!!!!!!
Just one question though, how did you justify this?

I told Blue Square I need some help and they agreed. The 5% swap bit was a joke though...
ifm

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2006, 12:02:08 PM »

Trying not to sound bad but.....
How can you sponsor someone to stand around?

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2006, 12:03:20 PM »

Ambassador Couch!

He stands around as good as anyone I have ever seen stand around.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2006, 12:05:22 PM »

It sounds great but the date worries me

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
AlrightJack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2006, 12:20:46 PM »

Trying not to sound bad but.....
How can you sponsor someone to stand around?

Do I detect jealousy?
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2006, 12:23:50 PM »

OK Jon, it's gone Midday, is this for real?

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2006, 12:24:14 PM »

If this is a wind up, think again Blue Sq

It's one of the best ideas you have ever had!!

Kev rocks  disco

The older I get, the better I was.
ifm

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2006, 12:24:36 PM »

Do I detect jealousy?

Not jealousy as such (well a little maybe), i just don't see how you can justify this.
Sponsoring players to play poker brings attention to bluesquare when results are obtained, but someone paid to sleep, eat and drink does nothing!!!!!!

Of course not.
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2006, 12:24:59 PM »

I would like to thank Jonathon and Blue Square for this fantastic opportunity, I have been itching to say something but I was sworn to secrecy until all the details had been finalised.   I can reveal that I will be travelling to Luton and Dublin, and also two major european events which we have yet to finalise.  I have been given an incentive to make the wsop in vegas, and have also been paid into all the qualifiers on Blue square to try and make it as a player !!!

Again thanks for the chance, i will do my best to be an ambassador for Blue Square.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2006, 12:26:24 PM »

Sod the buy ins, is the bar bill covered?

b4matt

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2006, 12:26:44 PM »

I would like to thank Jonathon and Blue Square for this fantastic opportunity, I have been itching to say something but I was sworn to secrecy until all the details had been finalised.   I can reveal that I will be travelling to Luton and Dublin, and also two major european events which we have yet to finalise.  I have been given an incentive to make the wsop in vegas, and have also been paid into all the qualifiers on Blue square to try and make it as a player !!!

Again thanks for the chance, i will do my best to be an ambassador for Blue Square.

I love u kev
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: