blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:03:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  How do you play this one?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How do you play this one?  (Read 1498 times)
Junior Senior

View Profile
« on: April 04, 2006, 08:40:45 AM »

Pokerstars $33MTT PLHE (DeepStacks) 5000 starting pts. 30 minute clock.

We at the 15-30 level and average chips is 5400.  I have 3800 after an earlier 'accident' and am in the SB with 

There have been 4 limpers (UTG, UTG+1, UTG+3 and late pos).  The button raises it full pot to 180.  I don't really want to just call to trap here as there are so many limpers and i am out of position after the flop so i re-raise to 540 and hope that one of the early limpers has KK and decides to set me in.  The button raiser hasn't played many hands so far and i am also hoping he puts me on a re-steal and decides to re-pop me.

The limp-see-flop club all fold apart from the guy directly UTG who calls the 540 with the original raiser still to act.  ( i now put him on 10-10, J-J or Q-Q or maybe even AK or KK)  - he could have AA but thats highly unlikely.  The original button raiser gives it the full carlo and dwells for a while before calling (i immediately put him on a similar range to the UTG fella) although with two of us already in and showing strength i think he likely has either AK, KK or QQ.

I want to see a raggy flop with no paint but it comes  two hearts .

I want to define my hand here so i bet 1/2 of the pot but i have a nagging feeling someone just made a set of KKK.   The UTG limp/caller folds, which tells me he most probably had QQ or JJ but the man on the button who raised originally flat calls.  _ i now think he either has AK and is worried about AA or he as me trapped with KKK. 

The turn brings a  and i decide to check to see if he is happy to check it down or if he decides to milk me. - He then decides to move all-in! - i immediately decide that he has AK and has put me on QQ and wants to shut me out.  I think he would try and milk me slowly with KKK unless he has me noted as a non-believer but i have no notes on him and dont believe we have met before, so i call and he shows KKK!

Did i play this wrong?
Should i have folded or in any way played this differently or is it a case of cest la vie blah blah blah?

thoughts..................
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 08:45:26 AM »

Unlucky.
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 09:01:02 AM »

Unlucky.

i know that!....  Cheesy

but could i have played it differently / better?
wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 09:08:32 AM »

Unlucky.

i know that!....  Cheesy

I am to the point where I want to push w/ AA all the time preflop, I may lose anyways, I just dont know what to do when u dont know the other player, sometimes its just going to play itself. Would KK ever go away preflop? Would u lay down AA preflop if you were shown KK (i know u would not) but sometimes you are just bound to lose w/ the best hand! I am working on the "how much do u lose w/ the best hand"

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
2005 WSOP PLH WORLD CHAMPION
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 09:55:36 AM »

true mr rookie sir i would have pushed all-in but it was Pot limit, so i couldn't.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2006, 10:16:45 AM »

i think I play it pretty much identically. I agree it looks alot more like AK than KK. you can't NOT do the lot there
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2006, 10:42:58 AM »

i think I play it pretty much identically. I agree it looks alot more like AK than KK. you can't NOT do the lot there

that's what i am thinking although i put him on QQ, KK or AK preflop and he has seen me re-raise so unless he puts me on a complete re-steal he now must assume i have a hand. - i he has me on nothing why would he bet me out like that? - he should carry on letting me bluff. - I think on reflection he has concluded i have AA and will pay him off - he has probably played it perfectly! -  the only other scenario is he has concluded we both have QQ and he thinks he take the pot away from me.

Even if he has Ak, he cannot be really scared of any hand on that board apart from AA! as its higly unlikely i have a small set so even with AK he would probably either bet small or let me bluff again. - perhaps i should have just check called him all the way but even then i do the lot when he pushes in on the end. - I just don't think i am getting away here! - cornered, snookered, buggered, f***ed! - whatever you want to call it i am highly likely to go broke in this hand.
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2006, 12:26:52 PM »

your screwed and i like his bet. he knows you are going to pay him off with AA,AK and maybe QQ and possibly a smaller set but you obviously haven't got that. Curse your luck and move on.
wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2006, 12:40:40 PM »

Unlucky.

i know that!....  Cheesy

and w/ my pot limit experience you would think I would catch this ah ha. sorry junior

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
2005 WSOP PLH WORLD CHAMPION
Sunday8pm

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2006, 01:07:22 PM »

realitically mate i dont think you can pass...

the stakes dictate my actions here. $30 does attract some useless players, obviously this guy could be a good player, which visibly from his play then he is.

there isn't many better flops for you than this, he could hold AK, he could hold KQ, its deep stacks which means some players wont pass any two nice cards for any amount pre flop. Of course you have to fer KK here...but if you passed AA every time in this scenario i dont think it would be a positive play..

if you had have said the flop was KQ3 then yes, its fairly easy to get away from. fearing a set of K's or a set of Q's

UL load the next game up!
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2006, 01:46:41 PM »

realitically mate i dont think you can pass...

the stakes dictate my actions here. $30 does attract some useless players, obviously this guy could be a good player, which visibly from his play then he is.

there isn't many better flops for you than this, he could hold AK, he could hold KQ, its deep stacks which means some players wont pass any two nice cards for any amount pre flop. Of course you have to fer KK here...but if you passed AA every time in this scenario i dont think it would be a positive play..

if you had have said the flop was KQ3 then yes, its fairly easy to get away from. fearing a set of K's or a set of Q's

UL load the next game up!

agreed then - just not getawayable  - (new word)
12barblues

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2006, 02:01:54 PM »

................i put him on QQ, KK or AK preflop.....................I just don't think i am getting away here! - cornered, snookered, buggered, f***ed! - whatever you want to call it i am highly likely to go broke in this hand.

Even using your pretty tight range for his hands, you are indeed ''c,s,b,f***''. 

If my maths is correct (someone please check!), the possible hands for MateyBoy are:

AA    1
KK     3
AK     6
QQ    6

i.e. you are ahead 75% of the time, statistically.  Throw in pot odds and a call looks mandatory to me.

I don't think any normal mortal can put him precisely on KK,  particularly as your betting looks from his perspective like it could be a continuation bet on a missed flop and then shut down on the turn, hoping for a cheap showdown with QQ or similar.

Definitely notgetawayablefrom for me.

If life is a game of cards, somebody is cheating.
jezza777

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2006, 02:55:38 PM »

I will say first off that there is NO way I would not lose all my chips in this hand . Howevwe.... Why check the turn? You are the preflop raiser (re- raiser) and therefore with the flop coming that way you almost have to bet out no matter what you hold . When he calls alarm bells start to ring, if you bet out the turn and are then raised in you can be more sure he has KK. As prevoiusly said in a $30 tournament you cant fold here though the chips just go in in  a different order.
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2006, 08:03:45 AM »

i checked the turn knowing that with AK he pushes and with KK he milks, so i wanted to see what he did. - he pushed so i assumed AK. - he played it well.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: