blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:29:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  £500 pot limit holdem at luton
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: £500 pot limit holdem at luton  (Read 25903 times)
warthog

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2006, 12:13:47 AM »

How's slick kid getting on? Wish him luck.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2006, 12:15:17 AM »

rob yong 35000
snoops 6000

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2006, 12:42:42 AM »

snoops out.........4100.chips.......blinds 300/600..........raises pot with A9 suited......mateyboy puts him all in with pocket ...........flop is 995..............that is so unlucky snoops

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2006, 12:52:05 AM »

How's slick kid getting on? Wish him luck.

He doesn't need it. This man is on a rush like no other!

Definately my pick. To come second to El Blondie I mean.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2006, 12:59:36 AM »

snoops out.........4100.chips.......blinds 300/600..........raises pot with A9 suited......mateyboy puts him all in with pocket ...........flop is 995..............that is so unlucky snoops

Errr what ?

Sooooo unlucky to lose a race. Sick the way it panned out but run of the mill IMHO.

Anyhow Sloppy is saving his A game for the main event, he has some sponsorship you know.......

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Slick Kid

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2006, 05:29:31 AM »

Went out in 56th tonight lads 55 against AK with shortish stack. Flop comes K K 9, lol. Very happy with my game tonight except for one hand were l put down A Q on a 9 Q 5 rainbow flop after the original raiser, re-raised my pot raise on the flop. He had pocket Jacks............GREAT PLAY.  It was a fantastic game with a good structure and the atmosphere was pleasant. Give me a few hands on Thursday and l will get busy..
robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2006, 06:42:32 AM »

Just got back from Luton. 18 players left. Still in are Mick Wernick (what an amazingly consistant player), Dave Clarke, Bambos on my table. I think Bambos will be chip leader with aroung 120,000 chips which is about average for final so he's in great shape. He had AA, AK, AKs, QQ, KK in 5 consecuive hands but never got fully paid off!

I have around 95,000 chips mainly from stealing uncontested blinds, I lost a 60,000 pot with QQ v KK when I should have laid down pre-flop to an absolute rock. I played okay after bluffing 5k off in the 2nd hand with 43off on a AAQKT board - stupid as per usual and a great call by David Lloyd on the river.

The structure has been excellent but was late starting, 8.50pm, which meant it took till 5.20am to get down to 18 players and as usual the staff very friendly. They also changed the payout structure after the comp had started which cheesed a few people off, mind you, its impossible to keep everyone happy. I think we got £500 worth of good comp tonight, thumbs up Luton.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 06:50:44 AM by robyong » Logged
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2006, 06:46:45 AM »

nice work Rob, good luck in day 2.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2006, 09:43:27 AM »

nice work Rob, good luck in day 2.

dad dont dance

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
MPOWER

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2006, 10:29:57 AM »

Good luck for today Rob

Regards

M
Sunday8pm

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2006, 11:51:19 AM »

Best of luck Rob,

read your PM's if you get a chance

TY please Smiley
LLevan

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2006, 12:48:32 PM »

I also played in this tournament last night and got knocked out about 30th I think. Never really got going and the most chips I ever had was 19k. However the blind structure was superb and it wasnt until after the last break of the night when the blinds reached 1k and 2k that I felt short stacked. There were a lot of muted comments about the payout structure, several players complaining that it was too flat.In my opinion %age wise I think it was about right but I feel with only 110 runners there was no need to pay £750 for 10th to 18th places. I think Grosvenor structured the payout to try and stop deals being done at the final table. On a final note good luck to all those who have made it into the final 18 this afternoon.
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2006, 12:58:06 PM »

Good luck Rob!!

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2006, 01:35:56 PM »

I also played in this tournament last night and got knocked out about 30th I think. Never really got going and the most chips I ever had was 19k. However the blind structure was superb and it wasnt until after the last break of the night when the blinds reached 1k and 2k that I felt short stacked. There were a lot of muted comments about the payout structure, several players complaining that it was too flat.In my opinion %age wise I think it was about right but I feel with only 110 runners there was no need to pay £750 for 10th to 18th places. I think Grosvenor structured the payout to try and stop deals being done at the final table. On a final note good luck to all those who have made it into the final 18 this afternoon.

On the other hand it is also nice for those who have travelled back for day two to be rewarded.

My view is that paying 18 places for 100+ runners is okay.

Sunday8pm

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2006, 01:48:55 PM »

On the other hand it is also nice for those who have travelled back for day two to be rewarded.

My view is that paying 18 places for 100+ runners is okay.

Its hard when you travel from say somewhere in the North and finish just outside the money.

Payout structure sounds good to me, £750 gives you your entry back and covers the expenses Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: