blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:51:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Luton Main Event - DAY TWO
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Luton Main Event - DAY TWO  (Read 64207 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #585 on: April 10, 2006, 06:27:46 AM »

five minutes after this there is an early position limper , i am in the cutoff and find K K (the best hand i had all day)..i pick up my chips and count out the amount to raise , whilst i am doing this the button and small blind call....WHOA WHOA i shout..the dealer hadnt noticed that i had cards and a ruling was called for...i was then told my hand was dead..wtf...seems to be systematic of the luck i am having at the moment........

This sux.

Surely I could call quickly from the small blind if I sensed the button was gonna raise?
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #586 on: April 10, 2006, 06:51:33 AM »

Down to about 16k, in the SB, he R'd about 8k with  , & got looked up by the BB who had 17k. On a  flop, he moved in, but the BB with  was never gonna pass. A 3rd club on the turn gave our man some hope, but a hopeless 2 of Diamonds rivered.

He looks a lttle glum right now, but he'll be bouncing later - the boy did great, just great, we are SO proud of him. There will be other days for the Beagle.

This was a battle of the blinds hand with the big having about 1k more than me. With the money not going up for another 9 places, there was no point in hanging around so I raised preflop with A-4.

Very suprised to find the big blind call.

Flop came something like J-J-9.

I knew something was up, but I didn't have enough chips to fold to a bet and I couldn't give him a free card if he had nowt, so I shoved it in and prayed.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 07:30:15 AM by snoopy1239 » Logged
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #587 on: April 10, 2006, 07:29:07 AM »

Hi gang.

Just finished reading through two days of updates. Whew, I'm more shattered by that than I was playing a weekend of poker.

Anyhow, I'd just like to say a big beagle thank you to all of the good luck wishes that were thrown my way. They truely do make a difference and any1 who says that they aren't spurred on by them, even a little bit, is probably telling porkie pies.

It's 7.30 now and I'm yet to go to bed, so I don't have the energy to hit my keyboard anymore...

but thx again  thumbs up
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #588 on: April 10, 2006, 08:17:23 AM »

well played and congratulations JP - good work!
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #589 on: April 10, 2006, 09:43:05 AM »

Congrats JP. It sounds like you adjusted your game perfectly at the right times.
DTD-Nick.W

View Profile
« Reply #590 on: April 10, 2006, 10:00:11 AM »

Well it was a rollercoaster final for me, thanks for all the blonde support.

Congrats to JP for a great result we sat on the same starting table and when he was all in first level i new he was gonna be trouble.

Well done to Luton for a great Clock and Comp.

Great work from the blonde team.

CU in Dublin.

DTD-Nick.W

View Profile
« Reply #591 on: April 10, 2006, 10:13:02 AM »

Is Nick Whiten the giy from the Poker Channel?

No, he's Rob Yong's bag-carrier.

Dont be silly TK Rob dont have any bags he just buys new stuff,  YOU MUG

Now less of your cheek!!!!!!!!!

turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #592 on: April 10, 2006, 12:03:47 PM »

just read the whole of the second day as i couldnt follow it live yesterday.

first off fantastic updating team and congratulations to all blondes that done so well in the event (especially booders who was rather unlucky to have his KK ruled dead)

congratulations to jp for winning the event 

have played many times at luton in comps against young mr kelly and have found him to be a very good aggressive player.

for some reason from a distance i thought him arrogant, how wrong u can be! had a chat with him thursday prior to the £750 and he comes across far from arrogant a throughly nice young chap.

JP im sorry for earlier false anaylisation and once again congratulations on such a great win. dad dont dance disco

julian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #593 on: April 10, 2006, 12:03:53 PM »

nice one jp & good effort heads-up,
well done to smithers, matt, snoops & all the others
julian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #594 on: April 10, 2006, 12:04:47 PM »

(& the milky one of course)
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #595 on: April 10, 2006, 12:27:00 PM »

excellent performance J P.........well done also nick , ben matt snoops and chunky mick for winning irish open seat....................and to mrs merton and old father time for yet another fantastic update.....team blonde rocks

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #596 on: April 10, 2006, 01:46:27 PM »

well played J P

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
b4matt

View Profile
« Reply #597 on: April 10, 2006, 05:03:33 PM »

Great stuff Jen, Tikay and Duracel man snoops.

Tough old comp and it's always fantastic to get home and read the thread. Thanks for all the messages of support.

JP!! He really is class, well done mate, get yourself to ireland ffs... your on a roll mate!
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #598 on: April 11, 2006, 03:06:43 AM »

for some reason from a distance i thought him arrogant, how wrong u can be! had a chat with him thursday prior to the £750 and he comes across far from arrogant a throughly nice young chap.

For someone to have had such good success at such an age it would be easy for them to be arrogant. Sometimes we are all guilty of pre-judging people.

JP however couldnt be further from arrogant, infact he routinely admits that he wishes he was as good as me!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Milkybarkid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #599 on: April 11, 2006, 09:40:37 AM »

Cheers to anyone who was funking for me.

It was a bizarre tournament. I hit lots of cards but also had some bad beats so was up and down alot.

I really wanted to get Heads Up with JP ... it would have been fun i'm sure!

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: