blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:06:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  A terrible tournament rule
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A terrible tournament rule  (Read 13795 times)
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: April 12, 2006, 03:56:35 PM »

no it wasnt CM4 was bug ridden to hell and back

Every CM (particularly the ones which were new editions) were buggy on release. I made it a rule not to buy the latest one until there had been two patches released.

From looking at the current league table, it would appear the current management at Cheltenham Town have some way to go to emulate my achievements with them of winning the Premier League in 2009 and reaching the 2010 Champions League final (when we lost 2-0 to Fiorentina).
graeme

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: April 12, 2006, 04:54:58 PM »

Every CM (particularly the ones which were new editions) were buggy on release. I made it a rule not to buy the latest one until there had been two patches released.

From looking at the current league table, it would appear the current management at Cheltenham Town have some way to go to emulate my achievements with them of winning the Premier League in 2009 and reaching the 2010 Champions League final (when we lost 2-0 to Fiorentina).
[/quote]

Fiorentina in a CL final? That's just ridiculous
Cybertim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: April 12, 2006, 04:59:33 PM »

Buggy?  you havent seen buggy till you try to get the items on the conservatory roof in "Jet Set Willy"   ahhhhhhhhhh  happy days  lol
I, Zimbra
Fallen Astronaut

"the wind in my heart, the dust in my head"

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 12, 2006, 07:14:32 PM »

Julian Gollop's "Chaos: Battle of the Wizards" on the 48k Spectrum.

It was all downhill after that.

gadji beri bimba clandridi
lauli lonni cadori gadjam
a bim beri glassala glandride
e glassala tuffm i zimbra
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 12, 2006, 07:53:07 PM »

Completng Technician Ted on the Speccy 48k was a hard ask.

I never could.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 12, 2006, 08:16:48 PM »

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is stopping me from playing poker at the moment. As did the following when they came out:

FEAR
Half-Life 2
Rome: Total War
Battlefield 2

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 12, 2006, 08:26:36 PM »

Elite 4 the future of gaming

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Barflies

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 13, 2006, 02:01:52 AM »

just read your article and a bit peeved off!!!

For what its worth I think if you call to see a hand then you should see the hand unless the caller shows a winning hand straight away you can muck, but if they want to see your cards they can. If the bettor shows the winning hand and the caller mucks, then the bettor has no rights to see that hand.

The bit i was peeved off about is this bit
"Firstly, I'm not convinced that this rule is standard practice in UK venues. For a start, there isn't a set of rules that has been commonly adopted throughout anywhere in the world, let alone in the UK where most poker tournaments are run by incompetent staff who care more about getting the punters into the venue and fleecing them at table games than they do about running a decent competition. I therefore think its highly likely that the dealer in question either didn't know a lot about poker or was trained by somebody equally ignorant."

Yet another small minded customer who thinks the staff don't care......as staff why would we care how much you do on the tables? I run cardrooms, thats my job, I treat everyone the same to some managers distaste! The pit is not my problem, I just care that the people in the cardroom have a fair game.

Cardrooms are treated as second class to the pit by caisino's as it doesnt make them any money. Now i have to listen to people like you say we are incompetent as we only care about making money??? We get paid the same regardless of whether you play house games or not. My area is cardroom and thats my baby, so i look after my cardroom punters and treat everyone the same, with the rules i adopt to be fair to all. With impartial outcomes. I would love more than anything to adopt a universal set of rules for poker and a few of us have tried to get the ball rolling.

BTW How dare you slag us off!!
Well said
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 13, 2006, 03:47:08 AM »

But more importantly, are you a Ryu or Guile man barflies?

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 13, 2006, 03:48:18 AM »

But more importantly, are you a Ryu or Guile man barflies?

Err... it's a lady.

So are you a Ryu or Guile lady barflies?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: