blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:06:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Made Straight on a flop with 3 diamonds - Now What ?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Made Straight on a flop with 3 diamonds - Now What ?  (Read 1018 times)
Raindogs

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2006, 12:17:21 PM »

$20 MTT on PokerStars.
Blinds at 100/200.
I am in the BB with 4300 in chips.

Dealt 

Cutoff and button limp, SB completes.  I check.  Pot is 800.

Flop  .

Cutoff has 7310, button 6920, and SB 14180.
I lead out for 800.  Cutoff calls everyone else folds.

Turn 

This could have counterfeited my straight if he had a 10 and outdrawn me if he has A 10, but I would have expected him to raise from the cutoff with A 10.  I was also thinking he could be calling with a single high diamond in his hand.  A flopped a flush was also a possibility.  He was semi loose (~33% saw flop) and not particularly aggressive.

Now what ?
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 12:29:00 PM »

Personally i have another pop at the pot, as you say you have little idea what he has.
You can't afford to check raise so a bet of around 1200 will get an answer Cheesy

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 12:33:19 PM »

All in.
SupaMonkey

Allin!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 01:21:33 PM »

Personally i have another pop at the pot, as you say you have little idea what he has.
You can't afford to check raise so a bet of around 1200 will get an answer Cheesy

But the pot is 2400 so won't that bet look weak and encourage him to reraise you on a bluff (maybe that's just what i would do in his position).
totalise

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 01:29:03 PM »

But the pot is 2400 so won't that bet look weak and encourage him to reraise you on a bluff (maybe that's just what i would do in his position).

well, if thats the case, its much better then simply pushing, as nemesis advocates, because it widens the range of hands your opponent is playing against you. In fact, thats probably the best reason for betting such an amount.

I don't think checking is bad at all though, the only free card you fear is a diamond, which doesn't come very often anyways, but it enables your opponent to think he is value betting 2pr which subsequently gets him stuck to the pot (which might fold in the face of that board and an overbt all in), and it enables him to try and steal the pot, giving you much more dead money when u bomb the pot afterwards... it might even get him off a 10 if he is a scared ass mo-fo (but thats wishful)

clayftknight

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 06:21:49 PM »

all in

when you fear a flush, push on the turn.....if it aint broke.........
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: