blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:04:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  how to play jacks
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: how to play jacks  (Read 1010 times)
crown

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2006, 07:19:08 AM »

hi guys as u know i"m new but just wondered if this was played right i had just sat down on a $1/$2 table sat with $40 and even b4 i settled and saw how people played i get dealt    now i"m not in small or big blind but i hate playing these cards on tribeca as they always seem to get done but i raise it $10 i have 2 callers the sb and bb flop drops    i bet out $10 again get reraised all in from the small blind (bb mucks) i call and show my  he turns and shows  two hearts obviously he hits a flush not next card but river was just wondering if i had played JJ correct
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 08:49:18 AM »

It's a very clear $30 flop bet required here IMO rather than $10.

On that board you make two assumptions.

1. Your hand is probably good.

2. There are many draws. Cards you don't want to see include 9 hearts, 3 remaining Queens, 3 Kings and 3 Aces. The other 3 sixes are probably bad news and even spiking your set, the other 2 Jacks might be a sorry sight. That's 23 cards, half the deck with two cards to come!

You don't want to milk your opponents, you want to bet big so they make a mistake if they're calling with weak draws.*  Bet the size of the pot, if this is over 40% of your stack, just go ahead and go all-in. You don't want to bet $10 and make it correct for a weak ass hand like  to call you (or go over the top of you)

With one overcard and a flush draw, K2 would have still been correct to call if you went all-in. It is not a weak draw here, he has 12 live cards. In this specific hand, theres nothing you could have done to avoid losing the dosh, however in the future, play your vulnerable overpairs fast on draw heavy boards.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 09:19:47 AM by thetank » Logged

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 09:24:21 AM »

By betting $30 on the flop, you may even make the  two hearts player make a mistake (by folding) when he has plenty odds to call.

This isn't too likely, a guy willing to play that hand for the $10 raise pre-flop is unlikley to lay down post flop even when he should, never mind when he shouldn't.
Still, it's important to give them the oppurtunity to make a mistake.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 12:26:32 PM by thetank » Logged

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
sharpy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2006, 11:04:40 AM »

Also if you are going to play $1/$2 cash then I would advise that you sit down with a minimum of $150.

This way you have enough $$ to push people off their drawing hands.

After the pre flop raise to $10 you only have $30 back and no-one is going anywhere who is left in the hand.

Play Up Pompey
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2006, 12:10:56 PM »

Also if you are going to play $1/$2 cash then I would advise that you sit down with a minimum of $150.

This way you have enough $$ to push people off their drawing hands.

After the pre flop raise to $10 you only have $30 back and no-one is going anywhere who is left in the hand.

agreed. Also if you have any desire to win at poker, you need to lose this.....

but i hate playing these cards on tribeca as they always seem to get done

Negative thinking produces negative results.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: